Russia's Putin calls John Kerry a liar on Syria

For those of us who served through parts of the Cold War, MikeK, we could care less about your opinion.

Clear on that? You don't have the moral ground.

And you think an admitted war criminal (his words) has any moral high ground. I put John Kerry in the same boat as Hanoi Jane Fonda.

On NBC's Meet The Press in 1971, Kerry was asked whether he had personally committed atrocities in Vietnam. He responded:
There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

Kerry's word is better than most Americans. By the way, we both know Lt Calley got the short end of the straw, for sure.

If he has them (and most likely he does) I imagine that he will use them in a last ditch effort to save himself and his regime. Good luck everyone.

Not necessarily, as his regime henchmen would want to save themselves, and would not give the order to fire them.

When the US or others are closing in on the regime, they'll be willing to trade assad and his family for immunity, and they'll get it. History has shown this consistently.

Well your asshole President is trying to save his ego and bow to his Arab masters at the same time and as far as I can see he's going to have to go it alone so far.

Hollande may still back him but both America and France would both be breaking International Law by bombing Syria.

Assad has had few deserters. And please note they are running from the country and not joining the *cough* opposition who are bought and paid for by Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Russia's Putin calls John Kerry a liar on Syria | European Headlines | World News | Comcast

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has called U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a liar for denying that al-Qaida was fighting with the Syrian opposition in that country's civil war.

Speaking Wednesday to his human rights council, Putin recalled watching a congressional debate where Kerry was asked about al-Qaida and denied that it was operating in Syria, even though he was aware of the al-Qaida-linked Jabhat al-Nusra group.

Putin said: "This was very unpleasant and surprising for me. We talk to them (the Americans) and we assume they are decent people, but he is lying and he knows that he is lying. This is sad."

Putin repeated Russia's position that any use of military force against Syria without the approval of the U.N. Security Council would be an act of aggression.

Putin would like to kick Obamas ass and Kerry at the same time.

View attachment 27467
If the Russians call the Sec. of State a liar, then that's a pretty good indicator that he's telling the truth.

The useful tools of the reactionary far right and libertarian wings are chiming like a bunch of lemmings who can scream, then they will all plunge over the cliff.

Whoever thought it would be this crisis that would break the back of the reactionaries and demonstrate how useless and powerless are the libertarians?

They are giving the elections next year to the Dems.

For those of us who served through parts of the Cold War, MikeK, we could care less about your opinion.

Clear on that? You don't have the moral ground.

And you think an admitted war criminal (his words) has any moral high ground. I put John Kerry in the same boat as Hanoi Jane Fonda.

On NBC's Meet The Press in 1971, Kerry was asked whether he had personally committed atrocities in Vietnam. He responded:
There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

Kerry's word is better than most Americans. By the way, we both know Lt Calley got the short end of the straw, for sure.

He's an arrogant pathological liar. Oh and a drama queen. His comments regarding global warming are hysterical!

And now he's power tripping as well.

He's an arrogant pathological liar. Oh and a drama queen. His comments regarding global warming are hysterical!

Tough that tiny dance. It will be missiles and step back. The far right and libertarians can do nothing about this, and when the rest of America realizes that the president did actually what he said he would do and that nothing bad came from it, the dems get a leg up on next year's elections. Folks will say, "And least he and his cruise are not like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice."

Doesn't take many loyal henchmen to kill a hell of a lot of people. Most of them are walking dead anyway. They're the wrong kind of muslims.

It's already started, look at who just defected yesterday:

Report: Former Syria defense minister defects to Turkey - World News

The senior regime figures know that if the US gets involved, the gig is up, and its either get out of dodge and defect now, or try and have something valuable to trade for immunity later, like assad, his family/cronies, his wealth, evidence of war crimes, etc.

Unconfirmed hearsay. Thanks for that. :lol:

The terrorist controlled Syrian National Coalition says Ali Habib defected. Syrian sources, including the Syrian media say Ali Habib is at home and hasn't gone anywhere.
Syria denies former defence minister defects - state TV | Big News Network

There is a a 50/50 chance he defected.

The useful tools of the reactionary far right and libertarian wings are chiming like a bunch of lemmings who can scream, then they will all plunge over the cliff.

Whoever thought it would be this crisis that would break the back of the reactionaries and demonstrate how useless and powerless are the libertarians?

They are giving the elections next year to the Dems.

You really think so?

Breaking international law by bombing Syria, allowing AQ to take over, and then there is the report that you will need 75,000 boots on the ground to secure the chemical weapons in Syria, American men and women dying for a President who is going to send them to war to satiate his ego.....

Go ahead. Fuck up some more. This one will be a biggie. :eusa_angel: You just can't stop loving your radical Islamists can you?

Testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee on March 7, 2012, then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta warned the ouster of Assad would present a scenario “100 times worse than what we dealt with in Libya.”

In order to secure the 50 chemical weapon and production sites spread across Syria, in addition to storage and research facilities, “The Pentagon has estimated that it would take over 75,000 troops to neutralize the chemical weapons,” the document continues, citing a February 2012 CNN report.

75,000 troops needed to secure chemical weapons if Damascus falls ? RT News

Tough that tiny dance. It will be missiles and step back. The far right and libertarians can do nothing about this, and when the rest of America realizes that the president did actually what he said he would do and that nothing bad came from it, the dems get a leg up on next year's elections. Folks will say, "And least he and his cruise are not like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice."

I partly agree. It will be missiles and step back and then a wave of retaliation that will send obama into the 22nd Century and end all democrat political aspirations for generations to come.

For one thing, this is obama, everything he does turns out for shit.

You've missed something. This planned overthrow of Assad by Mr. Nobel Peace Prize has obviously been in the works for some time.

Check my other post. JUST to secure the chemical weapons facilities you will need 75,000 boots on the ground.

The wave of retaliation will be against the nonsense of those in office who send like Katzndogz.

All will be voted out, and America will be far better off.

Yup, I believe that, tinydancer.

You have it all wrong, but that is your right as an American.

I partly agree. It will be missiles and step back and then a wave of retaliation that will send obama into the 22nd Century and end all democrat political aspirations for generations to come.

For one thing, this is obama, everything he does turns out for shit.

Panetta's own words were "100 times worse than what we dealt with in Libya".

Bombing is an act of war, not an invasion, though.

It's war you mindless reactionary baby. Still can't just let if go that you lost with your mainstream Mitt Romney. Unless this means all countries can now bomb america and say "we don't want war, it's just an act of war, not war at all!"

The blood is on your hands. In fact Obama own the civil war now seeing as he is making it worse.

This is a probably a false flag. There is evidence that is true but it is not a home run. If that evidence is ever exposed then this nation will tear itself apart if justice isn't served. This assumes we live through this madness.

Revealed: Britain sold nerve gas chemicals to Syria 10 months after 'civil unrest' began
1 Sep 2013 07:21

FURIOUS politicians have demanded Prime Minister David Cameron explain why chemical export licences were granted to firms last January – 10 months after the Syrian uprising began

Revealed: Britain sold nerve gas chemicals to Syria 10 months after 'civil unrest' began - Daily Record

I am reading that other news reports are stating these nerve gas chemicals were not being provided to the regime in Syria, they were being provided to others in Syria.
Export licences were granted for potassium fluoride and sodium fluoride. What the article doesn't mention is that sodium fluoride is commonly used in water treatment, toothpaste, and pesticides. Potassium Fluoride is used in etching glass. It is used in chemical manufacturing for fluorination, flux for solder and insecticide.

This is an old propaganda trick, claim someone is selling the makings of weapons of mass destruction. Remember the Iraq WMD claims. It works because so many people believe the components of of WMDs are something rare and exotic when actually most of the components are in common use.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back