Russia's Putin calls John Kerry a liar on Syria

You really think so? Breaking international law by bombing Syria, allowing AQ to take over, and then there is the report that you will need 75,000 boots on the ground to secure the chemical weapons in Syria, American men and women dying for a President who is going to send them to war to satiate his ego.....

First off, the US is not breaking int'l law by bombing syria, so let's get past that.
QUOTE]

If the UN determines int'l law, bombing of Syria by the US would be illegal.
Any faction found to have used chemical weapons "must be brought to justice," U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Tuesday. But the head of the world body also warned that any use of force to punish perpetrators would be legal only in self-defense or with U.N. Security Council authorization."The use of force is lawful only when in exercise of self-defense in accordance with Article 51 of the United Nations Charter and-or when the Security Council approves such action," Ban said.
U.N. chief says only Security Council can order airstrikes on Syria - latimes.com

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has called U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a liar for denying that al-Qaida was fighting with the Syrian opposition in that country's civil war."

Lets look into this:
Is al-Qaida fighting with the Syrian opposition.... Most agree with this statement.
So either John Kerry is a liar for covering up that fact or John Kerry does not read his own government's intel reports.
It is either one or the other.

Russia's Putin calls John Kerry a liar on Syria

I'm not sure I agree with Putin. To be a "liar" Kerry would have to know that what he's saying isn't true. I'm sure when he testified to Congress that in the 3 months he spent in Vietnam that he actually did burn villages and murder civilians he believed he'd done that. I'm sure he believes he was on a boat on a river between Cambodia and Vietnam on Christmas eve when he wasn't in Vietnam on Christmas eve and there is no river on the border. I'm sure he believes he threw his ribbons over the white house fence that he still had. I'm sure he even believed he ran the Boston Marathon when he said he'd done that even though there is no record of his running the Boston Marathon. It's a perk of being a compulsive liar, you don't even know yourself when you're telling the truth and when you're not.

and who's to say that Russia ( the ally that provided them with the WMDs in the first place) won't hit back and hit hard. Is it REALLY worth risking that ?

LOL putin's sole existence on this planet is to enrich himself, which cannot happen if russia is kicked out of the WTO and such, let alone see lots of alternate oil pipelines subsidized by europe and the US, bypassing russia as a source.

No, russia is not going to start a war with its leading customers, just as china wouldn't.

First re: International law. You should see all the articles claiming that the US will be breaking the law with no approval from the UN.

Not quite:

U.S. explores possible legal justifications for strike on Syria - Washington Post

"French President François Hollande invoked the responsibility-to-protect doctrine in making his case to “punish those who took the decision to harm the innocent.”

and:

"The United States and its allies have frequently undertaken military actions without Security Council approval. In 1999, the Clinton administration led a NATO air war in Kosovo. About four years later, the George W. Bush administration invaded Iraq without an explicit authorization from the U.N. Security Council."

Neither the panama, grenada, or kosovo actions had UN approval, by the way.

Secondly regarding the chemical weapons . Assad to date has not been proven to have used them.

Even at the G20 summit most heads of state agreed and accepted that the assad regime conducted the attack.

The UN Inspectors have not issued their report. Other instances of sarin use were believed to have been used by the rebels according to the UN Inspectors. Turkey caught rebels trying to enter Syria with sarin. And a foot note. If Assad is overthrown Panetta already testified that to secure the facilities in Syria will require boots on the ground.

I dealt with this in another post here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7788974-post96.html

and the following posts in that thread afterwards.

Minimum 75,000 boots on the ground just to keep the weapons out of the hands of nasty terrorists aka rebels.

At least, if not more since some soldiers will need to be assigned to kill the jihadists.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back