RWer Jennifer Rubin (WAPO) lambastes the GOP over "crackpots"

2nd post from the clown faces on this issue. Yeah right, keep believing Jennifer Rubin is a "staunch conservative" that the Washington Post would hire. Ask her about her views on abortion.

Yep, They'll lower themselves to whatever it takes. FOR THEIR PARTY

all heil the Democrat party is their motto

embarrassing and pathetic.

You still have not written one single word as to the actual content of the OP. This proves unequivocally that you are mentally retarded.
Stephanie is a waste of carbon.

2nd post from the clown faces on this issue. Yeah right, keep believing Jennifer Rubin is a "staunch conservative" that the Washington Post would hire. Ask her about her views on abortion.
I knew as soon as I read the OP, there would be some clowns who would try to claim Rubin is not from the Right.

Never fails.

jennifer_rubin-620x412.jpg

Jennifer Rubin (source)​

Getting rid of crackpotism in the GOP - The Washington Post

(The blog that she contributes to on WAPO is called "Right Turn". She is a staunch Conservative)

Getting rid of crackpotism in the GOP

...Republicans have their own problem: They tolerate far too many crackpots.

Dr. Ben Carson joins Mike Huckabee in refusing to accept that Supreme Court decisions, on gay marriage for example, are binding. Pressed by Chris Wallace, Carson insisted that Marbury v. Madison and more than 200 years of history have not settled the issue. “It is an open question. It needs to be discussed.” Actually, it’s not open...

Huckabee has ... hawked “nutritional supplements” as a cure to diabetes. He insisted on Sunday, “One of the elements of the plan was dietary supplements, but it is not the fundamental thing.” (Then why encourage people to buy them?) He declared, “I don’t have to defend everything that I’ve ever done.” So he’s both a constitutional and dietary charlatan. Either one should disqualify him.

Then there is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who cynically chooses to pander to the conspiracy-mongers who turning a military exercise primarily in Texas into a secret plan to impose martial law. Cruz has taken their nonsense as legitimate and made inquiries at the Pentagon. Rich Lowry hit the nail on the head on ABC, calling this “pandering to a vocal minority.”...

...How many times has Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) falsely suggested the National Security Agency is listening to the content of millions of phone calls? Before reversing himself, he also gave support to the anti-vaccine hooey. At what point do voters say, you know, that’s not the mindset or character of someone who we’d want as president?

Responsible conservatives should follow Lowry’s lead — name and shame — lest the GOP be seen as a haven for the unhinged. ...

Who is Jennifer Rubin?

Jennifer Rubin journalist - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Jennifer Rubin is an American neoconservative columnist and a blogger for The Washington Post. Previously she worked at Commentary, PJ Media, Human Events, and The Weekly Standard. She also published at Politico, The New York Post, New York Daily News, National Review, The Jerusalem Post, and a variety of other media publications.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For discussion ---

This quoted material begs the question: are Conservatives out there in the real world going to be willing to listen to self-criticism? Once the Jade 15 exercises are completed and people like Ted Cruz are going to look like complete and utter fools for having tried to make this into a nefarious gubbermint plot to enslave Texans and what-not, are Conservatives going to wake up and realize that a number of their candidates are often saying things that are considered absolutely insane by the overwhelming majority of people who are sane?

I accept criticism of Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, etc, because I know that no candidate is a perfect person. Are Conservatives willing to do the same, or are they going to just grumble that somehow, Jen Rubin is not really a Conservative?

I gotta say, from my perspective, the crop of GOP candidates that is forming for 2016 makes the 2012 GOP crop look tame, lily-livered and Liberal in comparison. They make Barry Goldwater look like Lenin. And their 2012 nominee lost decisively against an embattled Democratic president during economic rough times. I see the same conundrum forming for 2016 as formed for 2012: that GOP candidates are tacking so unbelievably hard to the Right in order to feed enough "red-meat" to a crazed ultra-Conservative base, "red-meat" that then turns into a poison-pill for the GOP when the General Election campaign starts up after both nominations are completed. It appears that Jeb Bush recognizes this conundrum, but even before officially getting out of the starting gate, he has put his foot in his mouth about the Iraq War that may very well jettison any hope of him even launching, which I suspect causes Scott Walker to whoop with glee.

So, what do you think of Jen Rubin's words?

Let's see who can actually debate like a real adult on this thread and put his emotions in his side pocket and actually debate the quoted material...

Oh, and nat4900 - thanks for trying this once already. This material DESERVES to be debated.
the thing is that their base, which is key for them winning elections, THRIVES on fear, ignorance & resultant hate. Look at their one tv channel- GOP TV AKA- Fox. All they do is dole out hate 24/7. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Pants shitters. That's all the Right is these days. Fearful, stupid, and without a clue. No solutions, no guts, no intelligence.

All you have to do to win their vote is play some doom music and tell them someone is out to get them.

Call me when the Dems are ready to rid itself of crackpotism. Hell, the entire leftwing is complete crackpotism.

How utterly laughable.
We can always count on the Tu Quoque Brigade™ to deflect from the issue at hand. God forbid you should do a little navel gazing.

Hit a nerve did I you leftwing shill and all around phony?

:lol:
You couldn't hit a nerve with twelve years of medical training and a sword.

I knew as soon as I read the OP, there would be some clowns who would try to claim Rubin is not from the Right.

Never fails.

Well, she's female and that disqualifies her in the minds of most conservatives....

ok, never heard of her.

but now what are the people suppose to do, orgasm? run and change parties to that other stinking, corrupted, nasty party, the Democrats.

No, you are supposed to clean house and kick the psychos, liars, hypocrites, and retards who have infected the party to the curb.

Most importantly, you are supposed to stop being a parroting rube for the hacks and whackos you have been.

When are the you going to do the same? Oh, never.... because this is who you are...

She is a neoconservative, might as well say more in line with the Democrats and that is the only type that the left can accept.
If you are closer to our ideology you are tolerated.

While real conservatives and libertarians who agree with our freedom from government is nothing but insane and nuts.

The lefts ideology is like borg drones - must destroy any ideology that does not conform to our collective control.
this is anecdotal evidence of the Right having only cognitive dissonance for their Cause and being willing to practice communism for any social and moral Cause while blaming the left for doing it for health and safety reasons.

The Feds need to stay out of the social issues.
sure; let's ditch the drug war.

Ditch it or overhaul it.
It sure isn't working now.
there is no excuse for good capitalists to lose money on Commerce with our Commerce Clause.

Never fails.

Well, hell, they love George W. Bush, but since he became known as one of the worst Presidents, they are now claiming that he is a Liberal.......:badgrin: you can't make this shit up.

Call me when the Dems are ready to rid itself of crackpotism. Hell, the entire leftwing is complete crackpotism.

How utterly laughable.

Yeah sure....we're not the ones cringing in fear over Obama's takeover in Texas (and I live in Texas)....we don't pay homage to Conspiracy theories as in this OP....yeah, you're utterly laughable.

No, you're the party that goes to sleep at night mumbling Bush, thinks all the world's ills will be fixed if we just spend and tax more, thinks Jews are the root of all evil and Islamic fundamentalists are misunderstood and the Christians are the real issue.

Completely delusional morons most of you..... as for Obama's takeover of Texas... I have no idea what you are babbling about.

How utterly laughable.

You have to be self centered/self absorbed and a crackpot to be a cult member of that party.

good gawd

I believe it's absolutely essential that crazies from left and right make their voices heard. Don't eliminate them, elevate them. The more loonies we have on the news, the more people will turn out to vote. Maybe one of these whackadoos will make into the White House.
Better new blood--even if it's in the form of a certifiable crazy--than the same old crooks. :thup:

How utterly laughable.

Yeah sure....we're not the ones cringing in fear over Obama's takeover in Texas (and I live in Texas)....we don't pay homage to Conspiracy theories as in this OP....yeah, you're utterly laughable.

No, you're the party that goes to sleep at night mumbling Bush, thinks all the world's ills will be fixed if we just spend and tax more, thinks Jews are the root of all evil and Islamic fundamentalists are misunderstood and the Christians are the real issue.

Completely delusional morons most of you..... as for Obama's takeover of Texas... I have no idea what you are babbling about.

oh they went to one website and took what ONE person was wondering over these Military exercises that is going to be done in Texas..... and took it and spread it around like it was all THE GOP. That's how low and desperate they are. its patethic

Obama Hurls Insults at Liberals on Trade
Democrat on Pelosi's Leadership: 'When the Team Is Not Doing Great, You Got to Make Some Changes'
Pulitzer Prize Journalist:The Osama binLaden raid was a work of fiction, Hussein Obama should resign
Official Who Opposed Concealed Carry Reform Arrested for Shooting Up His Ex-Wife’s Car
Scratch out Kerry and insert any D

We have a dynamic, robust Party with varied opinions; Democrats are more like the Borg Collective

Scratch out Kerry and Insert any name with a D next to it:

Wow. This is one of the most pathetic Tu Quoque and red herring cases I have ever seen!

I believe it's absolutely essential that crazies from left and right make their voices heard. Don't eliminate them, elevate them. The more loonies we have on the news, the more people will turn out to vote.

Actually, the opposite is true. The 2014 voter turnout was the lowest in 72 years. Only about a third of eligible voters came out.

America is sick of these assholes.

Forum List

Back