Ryan-Murray committee reaches budget deal

Of course the truth does. What the Big Lie folks don't get is any belief.
Which is, from what I've witnessed in my short time here, why most people around these parts people don't believe you, ever. :lol:

No one in his right mind worries about what the far right reactionaries think.

Ryan is for it, you are not, which tells you, Helena, who the mainstream GOP will support in the primaries. Not your candidates.

You've been doused on this issue before.

Shut up already and quit whining.

Of course the truth does. What the Big Lie folks don't get is any belief.
Which is, from what I've witnessed in my short time here, why most people around these parts people don't believe you, ever. :lol:

Ryan is for it, you are not, which tells you, Helena, who the mainstream GOP will support in the primaries. Not your candidates.

Oh no,

They seemed to pay a lot of attention when they shut down the government.

You are a relic. Why don't you just change your affiliation and be done with it.

How did it happen that Rush became the central subject here?

What he does is argue for idiotic far right policies and as the head of the party, republicans in office are afraid to contradict him so they begin honoring the hard-right position that has little hope of passing the Congress.
Even if you do believe that nutty conspiracy theory, how does it happen that he became the topic of this thread?

That Ryan and those who vote for sanity may be targeted for voting for sanity; steered there by the insane hard right of the Republican Party.

The Tea Partiers are treading on dangerous ground here. The public sees cooperation, not capitulation. They see reasoned negotiation, not winners & losers. I sense another cocoon forming, and I have to wonder if the GOP is once again going to see fewer electoral victories than they could because of the demands for purity by its most energized group.

The Tea Partiers are treading on dangerous ground here. The public sees cooperation, not capitulation. They see reasoned negotiation, not winners & losers. I sense another cocoon forming, and I have to wonder if the GOP is once again going to see fewer electoral victories than they could because of the demands for purity by its most energized group.

Every time there is cooperation like this, the big losers are the American taxpayers.

And if you think that getting more republicans elected will be any big improvement, I will ask you to remember what happened to spending the last time republicans controlled the whole show.

What he does is argue for idiotic far right policies and as the head of the party, republicans in office are afraid to contradict him so they begin honoring the hard-right position that has little hope of passing the Congress.
Even if you do believe that nutty conspiracy theory, how does it happen that he became the topic of this thread?

That Ryan and those who vote for sanity may be targeted for voting for sanity; steered there by the insane hard right of the Republican Party.
Have stock in Alcoa, do you? :lol:

I'm glad the Republicans caved. Now we can wipe the floor with them too

-Geaux

Talk about politically unsophisticated...yeah, let us know how that goes.

Time will tell. The pubs can't get out of their own way. They have been caving to Obama and his minions since day 1.

Boner could learn something from Tip O'Neill

-Geaux

The GOP isn't used to the Dems playing hardball. They're still running the John Kerry playbook. Axelrod instilled a bit of "asshole" into the DNC that was already there in the GOP.

Its nothing that will change much.

Have stock in Alcoa, do you? :lol:

No.? But I do know the TEA party has a history of targeting moderates. But if you want to keep up with this conspiracy shtick...whatever makes you feel better Nancy.

Every time there is cooperation like this, the big losers are the American taxpayers.

And if you think that getting more republicans elected will be any big improvement, I will ask you to remember what happened to spending the last time republicans controlled the whole show.

Seems to me the GOP has a pretty clear choice, in can go in one of two directions:

It can grab the country by the throat and try to jerk it several steps to the right all at once, at the clear risk of alienating many voters and losing elections it could otherwise win (the present strategy of the Tea Party wing of the party).

Or it can do the heavy lifting of winning seats, proving itself and its ideas to a wider breadth of the American populace, earning their trust, winning more seats and moving the country to the right via legislation.

Hey, I'm no political strategist -- this stuff is essentially professional wrestling to me -- but I do know that a willingness to do the heavy lifting with focus, patience and humility will most often yield the best long-term results.

Last edited:

Seems to me the GOP has a pretty clear choice, in can go in one of two directions:

It can grab the country by the throat and try to jerk it several steps to the left all at once, at the clear risk of alienating many voters and losing elections it could otherwise win (the present strategy of the Tea Party wing of the party).

Or it can do the heavy lifting of winning seats, proving itself and its ideas to a wider breadth of the American populace, earning their trust, winning more seats and moving the country to the right via legislation.

Hey, I'm no political strategist -- this stuff is essentially professional wrestling to me -- but I do know that a willingness to do the heavy lifting with focus, patience and humility will most often yield the best long-term results.

What the hell does that even mean??

You've been doused on this issue before.

Shut up already and quit whining.

:lol:

Oh no,

They seemed to pay a lot of attention when they shut down the government.

You are a relic. Why don't you just change your affiliation and be done with it.

Because the mainstream GOP is the party's majority, you are in the small minority, and we are not going to let the tail wag the dog.

Tis what tis.

Last edited:

It can grab the country by the throat and try to jerk it several steps to the left all at once, at the clear risk of alienating many voters and losing elections it could otherwise win (the present strategy of the Tea Party wing of the party).

What the hell does that even mean??

You really need me to explain it?

Forum List

Back