Sabotaging

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
It surely appears that peace is not on any Israeli agenda...Building or approving settlement building on Palestinian Lands is not only appalling it is disgraceful in the annuls of war and peace and surely against the Interests of the USA.

Israel gives preliminary approval for 800 new settler homes

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel has given preliminary approval for the construction of more than 800 new homes in Jewish settlements on occupied West Bank land where Palestinians seek statehood, an Israeli official said on Thursday.

The move could complicate U.S.-sponsored Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations, which resumed last month after an almost three-year freeze over the settlement dispute and whose second round is expected to take place next week.

Guy Inbar, spokesman for Israel's military-run Civil Administration in the West Bank, said initial plans to build 800 new settler homes were approved on Wednesday, though actual construction would require a green light from the government.

"This is a lengthy process," said Inbar, who did not immediately provide further details on the plans.

Peace Now, an Israeli anti-settlement watchdog, put the number of new homes discussed by the Civil Administration on Wednesday at 1,096 and said they were earmarked for 11 settlements - some of them located deep within the West Bank.

Israel insists it would annex major West Bank settlement blocs, which are mainly situated close to the Israeli border, under any peace accord with the Palestinians. Most world powers regard all the settlements as illegal and Palestinians say the enclaves could deny them a viable and contiguous state.

Palestinian officials did not immediately comment on the new settlement initiative, which surfaced as Muslims celebrated the festival of Eid al-Fitr.

Last edited:
Great. Considering the housing shortage Israel ought to build.

There is nothing, absolutely no law, to stop them building.

The people evicted from Gaza in the August 2005 disengagement are still not all fully and permanently rehoused so new building projects are essential.

They're building homes in towns which are already extant - which is a different matter entirely.

Not that it matters, because HAMAS still has all that hate speech in their 'Charter', and the PA is still talking about Haifa and Tel Aviv as being 'occupied'......

Before there can be any negotiations, the 'Palestinians' MUST accept that 'Israel' is every bit as legitimate a State as they claim they should have themselves. Otherwise there's no point in having a discussion.

The people evicted from Gaza in the August 2005 disengagement are still not all fully and permanently rehoused so new building projects are essential.

Do you have any regard for all of the Palestinians and Bedouins who are made homeless when their land is stolen from them.

Do you have any regard for all of the Palestinians and Bedouins who are made homeless when their land is stolen from them.

Do *you* have any regard for all of the people from Arab League nations who were made homeless AND deprived of citizenship when everything was stolen from them in the name of 'supporting the Palestinians'?

The building is done on vacant land in the WB. There are huge expanses of land which rather than go to waste it is built on and cultivated. Seems a good way to use the land rather than keep the Gazan evictees for more than 8 years in prefab housing while there is plenty of land available in the WB for development.

patrickcaturday, et al,

Well, I think that (as a domestic issue) the Bedouins (Arab-Israeli nomads of the desert region) should be treated the same as any other Israeli citizen (just my thought as an outside observer), and that special consideration should be given in handling that delicate matter. I don't see it (as an outside observer) as being at all related to the Arab-Palestinian conflict. As a internal domestic issue, it is up to the general population of the Israelis to look after and protect a subset of their own; and I am a bit confused as to why the general population does not stand-up for the rights and needs of their fellow citizens (there must be more to the issue than I understand). Clearly I do not understand the purpose and the benefit of the resettlement plan.

(COMMENT)

Until such time as the Hostile Arab Palestinian (citizens of the State of Palestine that support terrorism and armed struggle against the sovereignty of Israel), I can hold very little sympathy them.

They have not "acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of" [S/RES/242 language] Israel, and they have not demonstrated that they can "live at peace with their neighbours" [A/RES/194(III) language].

Additionally, it is the open published policy that the Hostile Arab Palestinian will reject the concept that they should refrain from the "use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State," and "as a means of solving international disputes, including territorial disputes and problems concerning frontiers of States [A/RES/2625(XXV) language].

Further, the Hostile Arab Palestinian will not "refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens [A/RES/60/288 language].​

These are very important concepts to understand and appreciate. Until such time as the Hostile Arab Palestinian can demonstrate that they can enter into a peaceful stage of their culture, every nation "make best possible use of the capacities of the United Nations in areas such as conflict prevention, negotiation, mediation, conciliation, judicial settlement, rule of law, peacekeeping and peace building, in order to contribute to the successful prevention and peaceful resolution of prolonged unresolved conflicts."

It is recognized that after more than a half century of conflict, the Israeli-Arab Palestinian conflict has become distasteful and tiresome. It is a destabilizing influence on regional security.

Most Respectfully,
R

patrickcaturday, et al,

Well, I think that (as a domestic issue) the Bedouins (Arab-Israeli nomads of the desert region) should be treated the same as any other Israeli citizen (just my thought as an outside observer), and that special consideration should be given in handling that delicate matter. I don't see it (as an outside observer) as being at all related to the Arab-Palestinian conflict. As a internal domestic issue, it is up to the general population of the Israelis to look after and protect a subset of their own; and I am a bit confused as to why the general population does not stand-up for the rights and needs of their fellow citizens (there must be more to the issue than I understand). Clearly I do not understand the purpose and the benefit of the resettlement plan.

(COMMENT)

Until such time as the Hostile Arab Palestinian (citizens of the State of Palestine that support terrorism and armed struggle against the sovereignty of Israel), I can hold very little sympathy them.

They have not "acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of" [S/RES/242 language] Israel, and they have not demonstrated that they can "live at peace with their neighbours" [A/RES/194(III) language].

Additionally, it is the open published policy that the Hostile Arab Palestinian will reject the concept that they should refrain from the "use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State," and "as a means of solving international disputes, including territorial disputes and problems concerning frontiers of States [A/RES/2625(XXV) language].

Further, the Hostile Arab Palestinian will not "refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens [A/RES/60/288 language].​

These are very important concepts to understand and appreciate. Until such time as the Hostile Arab Palestinian can demonstrate that they can enter into a peaceful stage of their culture, every nation "make best possible use of the capacities of the United Nations in areas such as conflict prevention, negotiation, mediation, conciliation, judicial settlement, rule of law, peacekeeping and peace building, in order to contribute to the successful prevention and peaceful resolution of prolonged unresolved conflicts."

It is recognized that after more than a half century of conflict, the Israeli-Arab Palestinian conflict has become distasteful and tiresome. It is a destabilizing influence on regional security.

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco what you are proposing is a simple concept. Accept Israel's right to exist and stop trying to destroy it and commit terrorism against it's citizens. However it seems unbelievably difficult for the neighboring Arab Muslim entities and states to understand. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
patrickcaturday, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco what you are proposing is a simple concept. Accept Israel's right to exist and stop trying to destroy it and commit terrorism against it's citizens. However it seems unbelievably difficult for the neighboring Arab Muslim entires and states to understand. :cuckoo:

On the contrary, they understand it but they won't accept it. Their loss. They could be cooperating with Israel, sharing all the wealth, knowledge and expertise Israel has to offer, but they prefer to glorify hate and terrorism in real life and in the media/internet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0]Mars Attacks "Why Can't We All Just Get Along?" - YouTube[/ame]

patrickcaturday, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco what you are proposing is a simple concept. Accept Israel's right to exist and stop trying to destroy it and commit terrorism against it's citizens. However it seems unbelievably difficult for the neighboring Arab Muslim entires and states to understand. :cuckoo:

On the contrary, they understand it but they won't accept it. Their loss. They could be cooperating with Israel, sharing all the wealth, knowledge and expertise Israel has to offer, but they prefer to glorify hate and terrorism in real life and in the media/internet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0]Mars Attacks "Why Can't We All Just Get Along?" - YouTube[/ame]
Ha ha. Jack Nicholson, one of the most talented ever.

Ha ha. Jack Nicholson, one of the most talented ever.

And a very fitting speech for this topic.

HUH??? What "Palestinian lands" are you referring to? Where is it that Palestinians hold titles or land deeds that Israel is building on? Holy mackeral, is it actually posible the Palestinians have stolen these lands from Israel as squatters?

It surely appears that peace is not on any Israeli agenda...Building or approving settlement building on Palestinian Lands is not only appalling it is disgraceful in the annuls of war and peace and surely against the Interests of the USA.

Israel gives preliminary approval for 800 new settler homes

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel has given preliminary approval for the construction of more than 800 new homes in Jewish settlements on occupied West Bank land where Palestinians seek statehood, an Israeli official said on Thursday.

The move could complicate U.S.-sponsored Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations, which resumed last month after an almost three-year freeze over the settlement dispute and whose second round is expected to take place next week.

Guy Inbar, spokesman for Israel's military-run Civil Administration in the West Bank, said initial plans to build 800 new settler homes were approved on Wednesday, though actual construction would require a green light from the government.

"This is a lengthy process," said Inbar, who did not immediately provide further details on the plans.

Peace Now, an Israeli anti-settlement watchdog, put the number of new homes discussed by the Civil Administration on Wednesday at 1,096 and said they were earmarked for 11 settlements - some of them located deep within the West Bank.

Israel insists it would annex major West Bank settlement blocs, which are mainly situated close to the Israeli border, under any peace accord with the Palestinians. Most world powers regard all the settlements as illegal and Palestinians say the enclaves could deny them a viable and contiguous state.

Palestinian officials did not immediately comment on the new settlement initiative, which surfaced as Muslims celebrated the festival of Eid al-Fitr.

patrickcaturday, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I find it uncomfortably incredible that you would make a statement so in error. Abbas has recently been given an observer State Status by the UN because he has done a great job of keeping the peace in areas of his control. The UN action was in recognition of this.

Tell me why the Palestinian state should have to bear the responsibility of actions it does and can not control in this occupation?

I'll tell you why...it is Israel's refusal to give Fatah the necessary military or political support to rein in Hamas, because the war footing gives her more land.

Peace is anathema for Israel.

Last edited:
pbel, et al,

Well, this certainly is a view.

I find it uncomfortably incredible that would make a statement so in error. Abbas has recently been given an observer State Status by the UN because he has done a great job of keeping the peace in areas of his control. The UN action was in recognition of this.
(COMMENT)

What was given the Palestinian Authority a political slight of hand. What most people don't realize is that there was already a Permanent Observer. The UN does this type of thing when they want to encourage the Palestinians in a certain direction.

1986 - 1999 Permanent Palestinian Mission to the UN said:
On 7 July 1998, the General Assembly adopts resolution 52/250, entitled “Participation of Palestine in the work of the United Nations,” voting overwhelmingly to upgrade Palestine ’s representation at the United Nations to a unique and unprecedented level. The resolution conferred upon Palestine additional rights and privileges of participation that had traditionally been exclusive to Member States.

SOURCE: http://www.un.int/wcm/content/site/palestine/pid/11596

UN GA Resolution 52/250. Participation of Palestine in the work of the United Nations said:
Desirous of contributing to the achievement of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people, thus attaining a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East,

1. Decides to confer upon Palestine, in its capacity as observer, and as contained in the annex to the present resolution, additional rights and privileges of participation in the sessions and work of the General Assembly and the international conferences convened under the auspices of the Assembly or other organs of the United Nations, as well as in United Nations conferences;

2. Requests the Secretary-General to inform the General Assembly, within the current session, about the implementation of the modalities annexed to the present resolution.​

SOURCE: A/RES/52/250 13 July 1998

Tell me why the Palestinian state should have to bear the responsibility of actions it does and can not control in this occupation?
(COMMENT)

The hostility exhibited by the Palestinian sets the conditions for the continuation of the Occupation.

The Palestinians, by their own words, tell us what they are and what they believe. Now it is up to them to change the paradigm.

I'll tell you why...it is Israel's refusal to give Fatah the necessary military or political support to rein in Hamas, because the war footing gives her more land.
(COMMENT)

Let me understand you!!! You want someone to arm, equip and support FATAH to tackle HAMAS!

(COMMENT)

I'm not exactly sure what that means.

On both sides, there will be elements and factions that oppose any compromise.

Most Respectfully,
R

pbel, et al,

I find it uncomfortably incredible that would make a statement so in error. Abbas has recently been given an observer State Status by the UN because he has done a great job of keeping the peace in areas of his control. The UN action was in recognition of this.
(COMMENT)

What was given the Palestinian Authority a political slight of hand. What most people don't realize is that there was already a Permanent Observer. The UN does this type of thing when they want to encourage the Palestinians in a certain direction.

1986 - 1999 Permanent Palestinian Mission to the UN said:
On 7 July 1998, the General Assembly adopts resolution 52/250, entitled “Participation of Palestine in the work of the United Nations,” voting overwhelmingly to upgrade Palestine ’s representation at the United Nations to a unique and unprecedented level. The resolution conferred upon Palestine additional rights and privileges of participation that had traditionally been exclusive to Member States.

SOURCE: http://www.un.int/wcm/content/site/palestine/pid/11596

(COMMENT)

The hostility exhibited by the Palestinian sets the conditions for the continuation of the Occupation.

The Palestinians, by their own words, tell us what they are and what they believe. Now it is up to them to change the paradigm.

(COMMENT)

Let me understand you!!! You want someone to arm, equip and support FATAH to tackle HAMAS!

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Fatah and Hamas had a War and are still enemies...How can you call them in the vein of elements of a whole when they are enemies in a war?

Peace is against Israeli Interests until they confiscate all the Palestinian land they perceive as a vital defensive interest. But the War because of her creeping annexation has backfired because Israel's outer enemies beyond Palestine are now greater than the 67 or 73 wars.

The longer this conflict lingers, the wider the conflict becomes. Iraq and Afghanistan has shown that.

Last edited:
pbel, et al,

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Fatah and Hamas had a War and are still enemies...How can you call them in the vein of elements of a whole when they are enemies in a war?

Peace is against Israeli Interests until they confiscate all the Palestinian land they perceive as a vital defensive interest. But the War because of her creeping annexation has backfired because Israel's outer enemies beyond Palestine are now greater than the 67 or 73 wars.

The longer this conflict lingers, the wider the conflict becomes. Iraq and Afghanistan has shown that.
By the way posting and quoting long deceased resolutions is a mask for hiding the facts...In the Oslo Accords, Arafat had a vote and removed language that Israel should be destroyed...Unfortunately a right wing Israeli Shot Prime Minister Rabin in the back and killed the peace process.

Last edited:
pbel, et al,

All political-military strategies involve some risk.

(COMMENT)

As an outside observer, both HAMAS and FATAH, each call themselves Palestinians. And both preach that the struggle is united. FATAH says it is "indivisible" while HAMAS says it is "high treason" to leave the struggle with Zionism.

Palestine National Charter said:
Article 1. Palestine is the homeland of the Arab Palestinian people; it is an indivisible part of the greater Arab homeland, and the Palestinian people are an integral part of the Arab nation.

Article 2: Palestine, with the boundaries it had during the British Mandate, is an indivisible territorial unit.

SOURCE: FATAH - Palestine National Charter of 1968

Hamas Covenant 1988 said:
Article 32: Leaving the circle of struggle with Zionism is high treason, and cursed be he who does that. "for whoso shall turn his back unto them on that day, unless he turneth aside to fight, or retreateth to another party of the faithful, shall draw on himself the indignation of Allah, and his abode shall be hell; an ill journey shall it be thither." (The Spoils - verse 16). There is no way out except by concentrating all powers and energies to face this Nazi, vicious Tatar invasion. The alternative is loss of one's country, the dispersion of citizens, the spread of vice on earth and the destruction of religious values. Let every person know that he is responsible before Allah, for "the doer of the slightest good deed is rewarded in like, and the does of the slightest evil deed is also rewarded in like."

The Islamic Resistance Movement consider itself to be the spearhead of the circle of struggle with world Zionism and a step on the road. The Movement adds its efforts to the efforts of all those who are active in the Palestinian arena. Arab and Islamic Peoples should augment by further steps on their part; Islamic groupings all over the Arab world should also do the same, since all of these are the best-equipped for the future role in the fight with the warmongering Jews.

SOURCE: Hamas Covenant 1988

Clearly, most observers of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would be happy to see the Palestinians engage in an internal struggle of their own, and diverting their attention from the conflict with Israel. It might help the Palestinian to see themselves as other see them.

However, from a pure diplomatic point of view, and in the interest of regional security and peace, such a struggle between factions within the Palestinian culture is considered counterproductive.

Most Respectfully,
R

pbel, et al,

(COMMENT)

As an outside observer, both HAMAS and FATAH, each call themselves Palestinians. And both preach that the struggle is united. FATAH says it is "indivisible" while HAMAS says it is "high treason" to leave the struggle with Zionism.

Article 1. Palestine is the homeland of the Arab Palestinian people; it is an indivisible part of the greater Arab homeland, and the Palestinian people are an integral part of the Arab nation.

Article 2: Palestine, with the boundaries it had during the British Mandate, is an indivisible territorial unit.

Article 32: Leaving the circle of struggle with Zionism is high treason, and cursed be he who does that. "for whoso shall turn his back unto them on that day, unless he turneth aside to fight, or retreateth to another party of the faithful, shall draw on himself the indignation of Allah, and his abode shall be hell; an ill journey shall it be thither." (The Spoils - verse 16). There is no way out except by concentrating all powers and energies to face this Nazi, vicious Tatar invasion. The alternative is loss of one's country, the dispersion of citizens, the spread of vice on earth and the destruction of religious values. Let every person know that he is responsible before Allah, for "the doer of the slightest good deed is rewarded in like, and the does of the slightest evil deed is also rewarded in like."

The Islamic Resistance Movement consider itself to be the spearhead of the circle of struggle with world Zionism and a step on the road. The Movement adds its efforts to the efforts of all those who are active in the Palestinian arena. Arab and Islamic Peoples should augment by further steps on their part; Islamic groupings all over the Arab world should also do the same, since all of these are the best-equipped for the future role in the fight with the warmongering Jews.

Clearly, most observers of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would be happy to see the Palestinians engage in an internal struggle of their own, and diverting their attention from the conflict with Israel. It might help the Palestinian to see themselves as other see them.

However, from a pure diplomatic point of view, and in the interest of regional security and peace, such a struggle between factions within the Palestinian culture is considered counterproductive.

Most Respectfully,
R
An Arab Spring among the Palestinians? Now you're breaking Peeballs' heart. LOL

Although its certainly a possibility.

pbel, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Again you post dead documents...The PA and Abbas have accepted the 67 borders recognizing the Israeli State...your answer skirts this fact and the peace gesture by the Palestinians is lost in in a litany of words like
the trees in a forrest.

Don't you think the UN recognition of those borders and the PA acceptance changes
anything that preceded it?

pbel, et al,

So, you are saying that the Palestinians, their political parties and their people, no longer support the HAMAS Covenant and the Palestine National Charter. I would beg to differ.

SENIOR HAMAS OFFICIAL: THE RESISTANCE IS ENTITLED TO ATTACK ISRAEL'S EMBASSIES said:
"The Palestinian resistance requires the Palestinian people to remain united under the resistance banner, and it [the resistance] has the right to smite with an iron fist any hand that seeks to rip apart the people's unity and [cause it to] abandon its rights.

SOURCE: Senior HAMAS Official

In terms of the Palestine National Charter, it remains unchanged and viable, despite what was promised in the Oslo agreement.

Fatah’s Sixth General Conference (2009) leaves its PLO Charter unchanged since 1968 said:
Any solution that does not involve total liberation of the country is rejected. This aim cannot be achieved politically; it can only be accomplished militarily (Articles 9 & 21)

SOUrCE: A/HRC/16/NGO/134 8 March 2011

Again you post dead documents...The PA and Abbas have accepted the 67 borders recognizing the Israeli State...your answer skirts this fact and the peace gesture by the Palestinians is lost in in a litany of words like
the trees in a forrest.

Don't you think the UN recognition of those borders and the PA acceptance changes
anything that preceded it?
(COMMENT)

There is no consistent voice on Palestinian policy except that which has been written, and which has not been unwritten or erased. The political personalities may change from time to time, but the message of the Covenant and the Charter still remains unchanged.

If the were "dead documents" and policies of a by-gone era, then change would not be an obstacle and the disposition would not be an issue. But they are not - as yet - dead. And as long as people in leadership positions refuse to change them, and still quote from them, they are a piece of the overall issue.

(PA acceptance changes anything that preceded it?)

There is no one voice that speaks for the Palestinian. Not yet! It remains to be seen what comes next. Who really speaks for the Palestinian.

Acceptance of the Oslo Accords (1993) was 39 Suicide Attacks ago, 17 Bombing ago, and several thousand rocket and mortar launches ago. After acceptance, did the behaviors change?

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back