Sad day - Put my dog down.

It's a hard thing to do and almost everyone goes through it at some point. You can get some perspective on your life by how many dogs you buried. I have about half a dozen dog tags nailed to fence posts in a section of my property.
I have the ashes of 2 dogs here, Dominique died a week before moving back to my home state, and Miss Music died here of early stages of doggie dementia. Also buried 4 cats in our lifetime, Miss Blackie, Miss Grey, Miss Penelope, and Mr. Touch all of whom passed after the age of 22. My present cat is about 3 years old, and my pitbull just turned 1 year old recently. He's so adorable. We fight fleas every day , and he goes and rolls in something after his treatment like clockwork, rinse and repeat. lol

It shows how much you loved him.

That will soon turn to soothe you.

And know that you will see him again in a place where there will be no sickness.
No. There is no soothing. Just grief. Yes, he will see his furkids again...this one, that one, all of them. But it isn't soothing. I won't lie to him and tell him it gets better in time. No it doesn't. It's been quite a few years since I lost ALL of them. 3 dogs, one cat. Boom, boom, boom, boom. Gracie died first. Cat starved herself in her own grief and nothing could save her even though we tried intraveneous which I considered cruel. So..we let her go since that was what she wanted. Then Moki got anal cancer. He died a month after we became homeless. I tried everything with him, too. Last one was Karma. My fur child. My best friend. Where I went, she went. And we stayed homeless for months because nobody would let me have her. So we lived in our van. Then we went to Paradise. She was dead within 4 months, prior to the fire. I lost them all in a space of a year. Am I still sad and grief stricken? Every. Fucking. Day.

But for Azog...another dog would be good, especially for the kids. But wait a bit. Your dog MIGHT come back....in another dog. Wait for him to be reborn. I know. Weird. But personal experience...sometimes they DO come back.

He was in my darn dreams all night. Felt so real but it wasn’t. Tough morning. Thank you everyone.

He was in my darn dreams all night. Felt so real but it wasn’t. Tough morning. Thank you everyone.
It was real. He came to let you know he was ok. Trust me on this. Once in a while, you will feel a lick. Ever so slight, but you will brush your leg...thinking a fly, or a toy, or a whisp of air. Nope. It's him. Karma and Gracie jump on my bed at night sometimes. I KNOW it's them. One curls up against my back, the other laying on my feet. I can FEEL the pressure.

You will see signs. The dead do come back as energy. Intelligent energy. One lady here had her sister commit suicide. They had a symbol they shared between them...and she sees that symbol ALL THE TIME. Sometimes its in a coffee cup with the swirls making the symbol. Sometimes its a cloud. She is letting her sister know she is OK and is watching over her. The same with dogs.
Chooch died....and he appeared as a love bird in a tree in front of me and Charlie (my other dog). We both stared at it, then POOF. It just...disintegrated in front of our eyes. Charlie barked and did a little dance. I cried.

When Charlie died, I hid behind the laundry room in bushes to sob and not be caught by tenants or MrG. I heard buzzing and peeked out and there were THOUSANDS of dragonflies buzzing around over my head on top of the bushes. Not in a field, Not around an apt. OVER MY HEAD. I cried some more.
Gracie didn't come back except to jump on my bed. The cat didn't come back except in the form of another cat, which I have now. She came to me. Stray. Feral. Looked at me and I Knew it was Pretties.
Karma. Ah. Karma came back the next day with little blue river dragonflies (blue dashers they are called). My van was full of them. My windows were open and they just buzzed on in. About 2 days later as I sat in my car contemplating on whether to just say fuck it and go too.....a HUGE buck sauntered down the road, stopped, bowed his massive head at me, then kept clopping/walking. I got out of my car, ran to the road (aboiut 30 feet away) and looked for it within seconds of seeing him. Gone. No place for him to scoot into to hide he was so big. Poof. Karma was soothing me the best she could. And I didn't go to join her.

So your dream was not just a dream. There are so many unknowns in this world, including the spirit world. Your dog came last night. He might again. Don't look for him, or call him. He will just know when you need him most.

Forum List

Back