San Bern shooters used legally purchased guns, but...

:roll:
Of course it does.
Point out a glaring example of how the law is a failure, and you want to "extend" it.
By extend I meant make it so the law also bans easily modified weapons (those that can be made into true assault weapons).
Engineers are smarter than lawmakers; when a ban is based on cosmetics. the engineers will always find away around it.
How many engineers modify weapons?
They DESIGN the weapons.
Then we will just have to keep banning guns that can be modified to become true assault weapons.

they banned all of them in France...fully automatic rifles.......how did at work out over there?

... 'assault weapons' are banned in CA.

How were these guns legal?
How would banning 'assault weapons', as suggested today by the White House, when they are already illegal stop this incident?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...fornia-attack/
has anyone seen the magazines
all the pictures i have seen
show the rifles pistols and ammunition
but no magazines
why is that
also are those long rifles CA legal
I haven't seen any pics of anything -- just going by the news reports,

i saw two ar 15s modified and two pistols some ammo

i continue to wonder about the illegality of rifles in the state

has anyone seen the magazines

all the pictures i have seen

show the rifles pistols and ammunition

but no magazines

why is that

also are those long rifles CA legal

They were "CA compliant" when they were purchased, but they were modified.
Ah.
So the guns, originally not 'assault weapons', were purchased legally, but then illegally modified into 'assault weapons'
Pretty sure this won't make the news.
Where did they get the parts to modify them?
:lol:
Do you have any idea how they modified them into illegal 'assault weapons'?
No, that's why I asked you where they got the parts to modify them.

dont matter it is illegal to "modify" them in that state

also large capacity mags are illegal

Last edited:
The shooters didn't have actual assault rifles. They had semi-automatic rifles. If the government passes some legislation to take semi-automatic, clip-fed rifles from the public, then they'll have to kill me to get them. I've lived a good and long life and am willing to fight and die for my right to bear the arms that I legally purchased.

The shooters didn't have actual assault rifles. They had semi-automatic rifles. If the government passes some legislation to take semi-automatic, clip-fed rifles from the public, then they'll have to kill me to get them. I've lived a good and long life and am willing to fight and die for my right to bear the arms that I legally purchased.
So be it...

How would banning 'assault weapons', as suggested today by the White House, when they are already illegal stop this incident?

Those weapons weren't legal. They were full-auto.....banned as far as I know.

You can't even have fully auto in Arizona which has probably the most generous laws in the union.
This statement is not factual. AZ is NFA weapon friendly. In fact I stopped by the Small Arms Review show in Phoenix yesterday and there were dozens of machine guns for sale. Some cannons too!

You can't even have fully auto in Arizona which has probably the most generous laws in the union.
This statement is not factual. AZ is NFA weapon friendly. In fact I stopped by the Small Arms Review show in Phoenix yesterday and there were dozens of machine guns for sale. Some cannons too!
I don't believe that. Did you ask if the guns were full-auto. Did you ask if the cannon met any federal standards, or ask why they're supposedly legal?

I doubt it.

A cannon that is a muzzle loader isn't considered much of a threat to the federal government because of the size and the slow speed in loading. Many owners use them for firing during events and flag raising. Only the military is allowed to own breach-loading cannons, or howitzers from what I've read.

Last edited:

I don't believe that. Did you ask if the guns were full-auto. Did you ask if the cannon met any federal standards, or ask why they're supposedly legal?

I doubt it.

A cannon that is a muzzle loader isn't considered much of a threat to the federal government because of the size and the slow speed in loading. Many owners use them for firing during events and flag raising. Only the military is allowed to own breach-loading cannons, or howitzers from what I've read.
we sure have fallon a long way from what the framers intended

You, sir, are wrong!!!

How about this little beauty, for sale right now, in CA?

Yeah, you can buy anything from the trunk of a car or van of a thug/drug dealer. I do happen to know California gun law and you're posting complete bullshit. You can got to prison for simply having an over ten round clip loaded in your possession without even owning the weapon. So, screw you and STFU.

You, sir, are wrong!!!
Machine guns are legal in all but 13 States as I recall.All one needs is a federal license to own one.

You, sir, are wrong!!!
Machine guns are legal in all but 13 States as I recall.All one needs is a federal license to own one.

And California is one of the thirteen. This thread is about what went on in California, the shooters resided in Califirnia, and they were manufacturing bombs in California.

You, sir, are wrong!!!

And California is one of the thirteen. This thread is about what went on in California, the shooters resided in Califirnia, and they were manufacturing bombs in California.
I guess you can not READ, the reply you claimed is wrong was about ARIZONA.

I doubt it.

You would be wrong. I used to legally own a live 37mm anti tank cannon. In California of all places. There are only 4 states that prohibit regular people from owning machine guns. When I am back on my regular computer I am happy to go over all the NFA laws with you.

I doubt it.

You would be wrong. I used to legally own a live 37mm anti tank cannon. In California of all places. There are only 4 states that prohibit regular people from owning machine guns. When I am back on my regular computer I am happy to go over all the NFA laws with you.
Get back with me when anyone is killed by a breach-loaded cannon or belt-fed machine-gun.

They were "CA compliant" when they were purchased, but they were modified.
Ah.
So the guns, originally not 'assault weapons', were purchased legally, but then illegally modified into 'assault weapons'
Pretty sure this won't make the news.
Where did they get the parts to modify them?
:lol:
Do you have any idea how they modified them into illegal 'assault weapons'?
No, that's why I asked you where they got the parts to modify them.

The modifications they did involve removing parts, not adding new parts.

Ummm .....no.
In order to modify the mag release you have to add parts.

LWRC R.E.P.R 308,LWRC International,LWRC 16

REPR 16.1" Specifications
Caliber 7.62 NATO
Barrel Length 16"
Barrel Construction Cold Rotary Hammer Forged
Weight (unloaded) 9.5 lbs
Length (overall) 37.5-40.8"
Rifling 1/10" RH
Stock 6 Position Collapsible B5 SOPMOD
Pistol Grip MagPul MOE+
Sights Folding BUIS
Magazine: 20 round PMAG 20LR*
Trigger: Geissele SSA-E
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider: 7.62 NATO 5/8 X 24 TPI

Not sure I need that to hunt ducks with but it looks good for hunting people eh?

Wait...so you think you hunt ducks with a rifle?
And that would make a fine deer rifle.

I doubt it.

Get back with me when anyone is killed by a breach-loaded cannon or belt-fed machine-gun.

Sadly an M18 Hellcat that was being used for a video production suffered a hang fire and instead of waiting for a few minutes the 22 year old who was helping the owner kicked the round out which then promptly detonated. Killed the 22 year old instantly and the owner died a short time later.

Look up Oregon tank explosion.

REPR 16.1" Specifications
Caliber 7.62 NATO
Barrel Length 16"
Barrel Construction Cold Rotary Hammer Forged
Weight (unloaded) 9.5 lbs
Length (overall) 37.5-40.8"
Rifling 1/10" RH
Stock 6 Position Collapsible B5 SOPMOD
Pistol Grip MagPul MOE+
Sights Folding BUIS
Magazine: 20 round PMAG 20LR*
Trigger: Geissele SSA-E
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider: 7.62 NATO 5/8 X 24 TPI

Not sure I need that to hunt ducks with but it looks good for hunting people eh?

Wait...so you think you hunt ducks with a rifle?
And that would make a fine deer rifle.
I was being cute. That is for hunting people.

Forum List

Back