San Bern shooters used legally purchased guns, but...

Are you trying to say their mods didn't make them illegal?
In California you can't legally have any clips in excess of ten rounds maximum. So, they were clearly in violation. One news report said they had 4,500 rounds between the three shooters plus pipe bombs which are also illegal in California.
So, a bunch of those guns on the wall of this CA gun shop are illegal to sell there? Do tell?
You are shockingly ignorant. Clearly you don't know what is and isn't an assault rifle. Here's a hint... it has nothing to do with how it looks asthetically.
Tell us all about it, and how the guns they had were banned but still purchased legally? Go...
Oh my god you're stupid. It becomes illegal after making it fully automatic, putting a bayonet lug on it, putting a flash suppressor on it, putting an illegal 30 mag in it, etc.
Hmmm, well for starters, their guns weren't full-auto, so therefore not banned.

So, a bunch of those guns on the wall of this CA gun shop are illegal to sell there? Do tell?
You are shockingly ignorant. Clearly you don't know what is and isn't an assault rifle. Here's a hint... it has nothing to do with how it looks asthetically.
Tell us all about it, and how the guns they had were banned but still purchased legally? Go...
Oh my god you're stupid. It becomes illegal after making it fully automatic, putting a bayonet lug on it, putting a flash suppressor on it, putting an illegal 30 mag in it, etc.
What mods did they make and why would that matter a damn if it's easy to do?

You sell me a hot car, that has a governor installed which only allows me to do 100 MPR, and then I drive across the street and for $500 they remove it, so now I can go 200 MPH. What part of reality says cars that can go faster than 100 MPH are banned is true? Oh right, it's total BS, like the OP that these little black devices of death are banned.

The modifications they did involve removing parts, not adding new parts.
Yes, RGS answered my question.
If they are so easily modified though why are they legal to begin with? Makes no sense.
Blame it on the inherent stupidity of 'assault weapons' bans.
Sounds more like it needs to be extended.
:roll:
Of course it does.
Point out a glaring example of how the law is a failure, and you want to "extend" it.
By extend I meant make it so the law also bans easily modified weapons (those that can be made into true assault weapons).
Engineers are smarter than lawmakers; when a ban is based on cosmetics. the engineers will always find away around it.

If they are so easily modified though why are they legal to begin with? Makes no sense.
Of course it does.
Point out a glaring example of how the law is a failure, and you want to "extend" it.
By extend I meant make it so the law also bans easily modified weapons (those that can be made into true assault weapons).
Engineers are smarter than lawmakers; when a ban is based on cosmetics. the engineers will always find away around it.
So, the OP is BS then, there is no ban, not in the real world, and let's try living there for a change okay kids...

I don't use Google.

I'd rather Bing.

Btw, all the lies coming out of this administration leads me not to trust anything unless it's under oath....and not even then sometimes.

:lol:

That's a pretty handy excuse there, isn't it?
I note you have yet to link a source. Weren't you DEMANDING sources in the last little go around and rejecting those you did not like? Must be nice to just ignore that when it is your turn.

Take your pick:

2 Guns in San Bernardino Massacre Bought in San Diego: ATF
Rifles Used in San Bernardino Shooting Illegal Under State Law
Were the San Bernardino Shooters' Assault Rifles Modified to Thwart California Gun Laws?

As I said before, you're welcome to use your Google, you'll find hundreds more.
Slowly for us barbarians, explain why when you post "use google" that is ok, but when one of us does it you INSIST on a link?

You do see that I posted a number of links, right?
Only AFTER claiming one could just google it. Remind me what you told other posters in that other thread when they told you to google it or look on the internet? No let me, you DEMANDED they post a link. Then when one did you threatened to ban them.

If their modifications made the rifles into a weapon type that was banned, that is then an illegal weapon. Yes, modifications were made to the rifles. Just as it is illegal to modify a shot gun by sawing it off, to a barrel length shorter than 18 inches.
What mods did they make and why would that matter a damn if it's easy to do?

You sell me a hot car, that has a governor installed which only allows me to do 100 MPR, and then I drive across the street and for $500 they remove it, so now I can go 200 MPH. What part of reality says cars that can go faster than 100 MPH are banned is true? Oh right, it's total BS, like the OP that these little black devices of death are banned.

If their modifications made the rifles into a weapon type that was banned, that is then an illegal weapon. Yes, modifications were made to the rifles. Just as it is illegal to modify a shot gun by sawing it off, to a barrel length shorter than 18 inches.
You;re arguing with the painfully ignorant and/or the pathologically dishonest.
Either way, you're wasting your time.

Daily News calls Wayne Lapierre A Terrorist
CVWZq1JVAAAtRRX.jpg

Of course it does.
How many engineers modify weapons?

Of course it does.
They DESIGN the weapons.

Of course it does.
They DESIGN the weapons.
Then we will just have to keep banning guns that can be modified to become true assault weapons.

Those weapons weren't legal. They were full-auto.....banned as far as I know.
NFA weapons are indeed illgeal in CA.
I did not hear that they were full-auto, however.
From listening to witnesses....they heard rapid gunfire....which usually means full-auto.

Plenty of information about the weapons used has been released. None of the 4 guns used was "full auto". Use your Google.
I don't use Google.

I'd rather Bing.

Btw, all the lies coming out of this administration leads me not to trust anything unless it's under oath....and not even then sometimes.

That's a pretty handy excuse there, isn't it?
Yep....poor excuse is better than no excuse.

Of course it does.
They DESIGN the weapons.
Then we will just have to keep banning guns that can be modified to become true assault weapons.
I hear a musket can be converted to belt-fed, crew-servicable full-auto nuclear tipped ammo

They DESIGN the weapons.
I hear a musket can be converted to belt-fed, crew-servicable full-auto nuclear tipped ammo
Easily? Doubtful.

Of course it does.
They DESIGN the weapons.
For no sound reason whatsoever.

They were "CA compliant" when they were purchased, but they were modified.
Ah.
So the guns, originally not 'assault weapons', were purchased legally, but then illegally modified into 'assault weapons'
Pretty sure this won't make the news.
Where did they get the parts to modify them?
Do you have any idea how they modified them into illegal 'assault weapons'?
No, that's why I asked you where they got the parts to modify them.
The weapons they bought had a fixed magazine,
They removed the mechanism that fixes the magazine, creating a rifle that now has a detachable magazine.
That turned the rifles into an 'assault weapon'.
I hear they were wearing military fatigues too.

That turned out to be bs too.

San Bern shooters used legally purchased guns, but...
... 'assault weapons' are banned in CA.

How were these guns legal?
How would banning 'assault weapons', as suggested today by the White House, when they are already illegal stop this incident?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...fornia-attack/
Those weapons weren't legal. They were full-auto.....banned as far as I know.
NFA weapons are indeed illgeal in CA.
I did not hear that they were full-auto, however.
From listening to witnesses....they heard rapid gunfire....which usually means full-auto.

not necessarily...if you pull the trigger fast enough it will sound like full auto to non gun people.....

How dare they illegally modify those rifles...didn't they realize that was agin at the law?

Ah.
So the guns, originally not 'assault weapons', were purchased legally, but then illegally modified into 'assault weapons'
Pretty sure this won't make the news.
Where did they get the parts to modify them?
Do you have any idea how they modified them into illegal 'assault weapons'?
No, that's why I asked you where they got the parts to modify them.

The modifications they did involve removing parts, not adding new parts.

They should be legal anyway...did making them illegal keep these terrorists from getting them?

how about in Europe.....any military style rifle is completely illegal and banned for civilians...they don't have gun stores to buy them in even.....and yet.....the terrorists and criminals over there got fully automatic rifles easily......

so how did making them illegal keep them out of the hands of terrorists in France?

and any rifle the military and police have should also be available to ordinary citizens....

Forum List

Back