🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sanders: Universal Healthcare and Free College Aren’t Radical Ideas, They Are ‘Human Rights’

You think that it's right that I made more money last year than you'll make in your entire life? And, I paid less percentage of my income in federal tax than you did too!
I think you are a liar. Simple as that. And even if it were true I wouldn't give a shit. It's your money. Period, end of discussion.

That's what I am talking about. A lot of schools took that out and then tried to turn it into a for profit school.

There are a lot of kids that want to go into the trades but they don't know how. A lot of stuff that the for profit colleges offer, kids used to have access to in high school. Screw 'em. Put them back in the high schools if possible. The for profit schools can exist but the job could be better done and less expensive all the way around with the schools having their own vo-tech.
Our local community college collaborates with local businesses and high schools to get vo-tech education the fit current business needs. I think that is a great program.

Sanders would make that tuition free.
We have 3-4 million tech jobs going begging right now. It would help if the New BS GOP was interested in helping the economy.

Really? Where?

Even with 9% jobless, 3.4 million US jobs go begging
www.philly.com/.../inq-phillydeals/3-million-US-jobs-go-begging.html
Sep 15, 2015 · ... 3.4 million US jobs go begging. ... Job Openings and Labor Turnover shows there were 3.4 million open positions at US ... tech investment firm ...

It's a venture capital firm, Franco.

There is no STEM shortage. None. It's a myth to drive down wages for American workers. No H1B visa win for you.
The Tech Worker Shortage Doesn't Really Exist - Businessweek

BTW your article was kicked out at this time:

Joseph N. DiStefano
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 3:21 PM

Our local community college collaborates with local businesses and high schools to get vo-tech education the fit current business needs. I think that is a great program.

Sanders would make that tuition free.
We have 3-4 million tech jobs going begging right now. It would help if the New BS GOP was interested in helping the economy.
Really? Where?
Even with 9% jobless, 3.4 million US jobs go begging
www.philly.com/.../inq-phillydeals/3-million-US-jobs-go-begging.html
Sep 15, 2015 · ... 3.4 million US jobs go begging. ... Job Openings and Labor Turnover shows there were 3.4 million open positions at US ... tech investment firm ...

There is no shortage, Franco. There is no STEM shortage. The only difference between you and your "hater-dupes" is that you have a gold tooth smile.

Did you miss this?
The real issue, say Salzman and others, is the industry’s desire for lower-wage, more-exploitable guest workers, not a lack of available American staff. “It seems pretty clear that the industry just wants lower-cost labor,” Dean Baker, the co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, wrote in an e-mail. A 2011 review by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that the H-1B visa program, which is what industry groups are lobbying to expand, had “fragmented and restricted” oversight that weakened its ostensible labor standards. “Many in the tech industry are using it for cheaper, indentured labor,” says Rochester Institute of Technology public policy associate professor Ron Hira, an EPI research associate and co-author of the book Outsourcing America

Here have another link.
What Scientist Shortage?

Last edited:
When did we obtain a right to have others work for our education or healthcare?

Years ago we used to have vo-tech in high schools. The option was there. It still exists in some states. Then we had these for profit colleges pop up charging out the yin-yang for what amounts to an unnecessary degree. Daycare worker? Line cook? These people leave with these hefty loans and crash and burn because there are no jobs or the jobs they get pay minimum wage. Now the schools are feeling the heat somewhat. But not enough.

The wealthy have always had access to education. The talk is on higher education public schools. The private universities still function. It makes no sense not to examine the issue.

They still have the vo-tech in some high schools. It's a real good deal for everyone too. If you don't think the trades are a good vocation, just call a plumber, electrician. heating and air conditioning repairman, or take your auto to a mechanic.

That's what I am talking about. A lot of schools took that out and then tried to turn it into a for profit school.

There are a lot of kids that want to go into the trades but they don't know how. A lot of stuff that the for profit colleges offer, kids used to have access to in high school. Screw 'em. Put them back in the high schools if possible. The for profit schools can exist but the job could be better done and less expensive all the way around with the schools having their own vo-tech.

The solution is simple, and obvious to me. Just issue vouchers. Issue every child a school voucher. Then if vo-tech is the way to go, or trade-skill is the way to go, then they can take that voucher to the whatever school they want. Their parents can make up whatever difference.

You act like people don't know how to do this... what are you smoking?

When I worked at Columbus Cadillac in down town Columbus Ohio, we had a guy work the car wash, who used his money to get trained in welding. He's now a master welder for a big name company. He's doing just fine.

Come on people.... Work... earn money... pay for education. You don't need a Ph.D in self improvement to do this.

This couple came here from Laos, got training in CNC machining, while working crappy jobs in fast food joints. Now they make $100K together.

This isn't super hard. You just have to do it. It takes time, effort, and attitude. You have an entitlement belief system, and you'll never make it anywhere. People who think they should be given stuff because "I'm an American, and I deserve everything because Sanders said I was entitled to it......" and you are going to end up a train wreck.

The voucher program is a rip off. I'm over every little jack off coming along to rip off the public education system---which is, I remind you, for the public.
The mantra is that you can send your kids to a private school like the rich people.

Then they give you a voucher that wouldn't buy lunch in a real private school.

Here's the problem....

You are looking at a system that has eliminated the market for low-end private schools.

This is common in any market with government involvement.

For example, the cost of private health insurance in the UK, is extremely high. Why? Because there is no market for low-end insurance. The poor and middle class, sit in line at the public health clinics for free. Why buy insurance?

So only the rich buy health insurance, and of course the rich want the highest possible care, which is a high price. So only high priced insurance exists.

For example, in New York in the 70s, only high end luxury apartments were for rent. Same happened in Israel. Why? Because subsidized low-cost apartments killed the market. Why build low cost apartments, when the government would undercut your price for a better quality apartment? So instead, only luxury apartments were built and offered for rent.

When government offers the low end at a subsidized price, no one is going to pay for a low end.

James Tooley on Private Schools for the Poor and the Beautiful Tree | EconTalk | Library of Economics and Liberty

So this guy James Tooley, professor of education at Harvard, was walking around in India, in the poorest slums of India, and discovered a private pay-for-service, Capitalist based school for the poor. Entirely private, no government money involved.

Then he found another, and another and entire networks of private, poor-service pay-for-service private schools.

When there is a market, then someone will serve that market. But there has to be a market. In India, there is a market.

Same with Chile. Chile has a private pay-for-service school system. And while there are of course high-end expensive elite schools, there are also low-end cheap schools that serve the lowest income people of Chile.

So here is my response to you...... I think this is a win for you and a win for everyone else.

Allow Vouchers. Every Student get's a voucher. Allow unregulated education. Anyone can open a school.

Allow the public to choose where, and who, gets their money.

If you are right, and there is no one able to pay for a private school with the voucher, then they end up at the public schools as they would anyway, without the voucher.

What have you lost? Nothing. You are back in the same schools you'd be stuck in, under the current system.

However, if there is a private school that you want to send your kids to, and you might be able to send your kids there by adding some of your own money to the voucher, why not? Called "choice". Right? No big deal.

And then possibly in the future when there is a market for low-cost education, there will be people to fill that need. But you can't have the government eliminate the market, and then be shocked no one serves that market. Does that make sense?

Sorry--knowledge is not a human right.
You do not have rights to knowledge.

Although, I can see the usefulness of free higher education to the economy and society, I can not support the argument that knowledge, and other forms of information are rights for humans to have.

Ignorance is a curse. It is beneficial to mankind by eradicating as much ignorance as we can. However, education, knowledge, information are not rights we have.

There are better and sounder ways to make the argument, Mr Sanders. You are trending down an easily to defeat path with this 'rights' argument.

There is no shortage, Franco. There is no STEM shortage. The only difference between you and your "hater-dupes" is that you have a gold tooth smile.

Did you miss this?
The real issue, say Salzman and others, is the industry’s desire for lower-wage, more-exploitable guest workers, not a lack of available American staff. “It seems pretty clear that the industry just wants lower-cost labor,” Dean Baker, the co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, wrote in an e-mail. A 2011 review by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that the H-1B visa program, which is what industry groups are lobbying to expand, had “fragmented and restricted” oversight that weakened its ostensible labor standards. “Many in the tech industry are using it for cheaper, indentured labor,” says Rochester Institute of Technology public policy associate professor Ron Hira, an EPI research associate and co-author of the book Outsourcing America

Here have another link.
What Scientist Shortage?

Obviously I have an insider view of H-1B visa, and a limited view. I worked at a company, ironically one that was working with the government of Ohio... which hired H-1B visa workers.

Quite frankly it was a win-win for everyone. The type of work, and quality of work that these engineers were doing, was pretty close to the pay level that any American doing the same job at the same skill level would get.

That is to say, now all "software engineers" are the same. Some software engineers are highly skilled, and others are more entry level. These H-1B engineers were good at what they did, but they were at the entry level.

The idea that we were paying $40,000 to H-1Bs that would have been paid $100,000 to an America, is just flat out incorrect. I can't speak for everyone, just my own experience.

Further, these same H-1B people were very open that they would be paid far less in the countries they came from.

So everyone was benefiting. We got the low-level software engineering that we needed done, done for a good price. They got a higher pay for their work, than they could domestically. We win, they win. Everyone wins.

Could we have hired Americans? Not at that pay level. Kids with software engineering degrees, don't want to do the menial tasks these guys were doing. Nor do they want to work for level of pay below what their engineering skill could get. Nor are we going to pay an engineer $100,000.

And honestly our high end American Engineers like having these people around. It allows highly-skilled high-paid engineers to be released from doing menial tasks, and focus more on the creative and building tasks.

So it's a win for our own Engineers, as well as everyone else.

Again, am I saying this is true for everyone? No. I have no idea either way. I have not yet met an H-1B that felt abused and used.... doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'm just presenting an alternative view.

has the Progressive/Democrat/commie party had a NEW IDEA in 30 years?

my gawd, they rehash the same talking points over and over. I think YOU ARE ENTITLED to this. but hey screw it how we have to pay it. just believe

fxxk hope and change. their new motto should be: just believe there is a fairy Godmother

Not true. The middle class and poor pay much more in sales tax, and I don't know any wealthy person that pays State income tax. The richest guy, Bill Gates, is a resident of Nevada.

Good god but you're stupid.

Sales tax is levied as a percent of the price. The only way the PO would pay more than the evil rich, is if they bought more, you fucking retard.

Are these people really this stupid? Maybe he needs to step out from the confines of mommy's basement a bit more.

You stupid idiot... it's like $1.4 trillion... not $100 trillion. Geeze you're a dope.

No no, they fill their swimming pools with gold coins, he knows it...

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

the people in the Democrat base scares me. I mean they put in some freaking NOBODY like Barrak Obama for President.

They are easily brainwashed.

You think that it's right that I made more money last year than you'll make in your entire life? And, I paid less percentage of my income in federal tax than you did too!
That may be, but how much did you or others contribute to the Republican party for that tax bonanza?

I can't talk about others, but I haven't contributed a penny to Republicans. The threat of backing the other side is enough to push our objective. Also, having a large drove of ignorant middle class folks that foolishly believe that Republicans, teabaggers, and Libertarians have their best interest doesn't hurt.

Not true. The middle class and poor pay much more in sales tax, and I don't know any wealthy person that pays State income tax. The richest guy, Bill Gates, is a resident of Nevada.

Good god but you're stupid.

Sales tax is levied as a percent of the price. The only way the PO would pay more than the evil rich, is if they bought more, you fucking retard.

What is a 'PO?'

I don't think children can work their way through grade school AND make enough to pay for their medical bills,

if their parents are poor.

Wait, Obammycare fixed all that, according to you Communists....

ACA is a band aid. The only way to fix the most expensive healthcare is a single payer system that dictates price much like Walmart to their suppliers.

Just think; If Reagan hadn't screwed with the HMO act, we'd not have to deal with this.

Forum List

Back