Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
Screenshot%2B2015-09-11%2Bat%2B11.28.09%2BAM.png

Cute.....want to compare FREE HEALTH CARE by Switzerland versus us???

Deflection. Typical regressive.

[

Can't say for sure anyway else, but it can and has happened here. And the feds can make a case if they wanted to. Adam Lanzas mom is probubly pretty lucky she ain't around to find out, oh, and seeing that she did not properly secure the guns, she would have been the one who should have been held liable monitarily, not the gun companies.

I doubt it. she had no warning he was going to commit capital murder. He had not been adjudicated mentally incompetent nor did he have a criminal record nor was he a fugitive or under indictment

Nope, but his facination with mass shootings and his reclusive behavior would maybe make a person nervous about leaving guns laying about.

Inevitably, gun proponents and the NRA will claim that the latest ruling allowing families of the Sandy Hook massacre of children, is a ridiculous ruling.....They will follow up with various scenarios that were someone to be killed by a knife or a rope, that knives and rope manufacturers could ALSO be sued....but when making such comparisons they show both their prejudices and downright stupidity.

Guns are manufactured virtually SOLELY for the purpose of killing....whereas knives or ropes have much different purposes and the flooding of some high-crime areas with weapons whose main purpose is killing of maiming is totally unacceptable.

This ruling is a small but necessary first step toward restoring sanity. The Sandy Hook massacre could not have been as lethal with knives or ropes. Let us join the rest of the sane, and progressive world community where those weapons (mostly made for military purposes) do NOT make their way into deranged and evil hands.
The anti-Constitutional stance of the left on clear display for all to see.

Anyone with a double digit IQ or the ability to think for themselves knows what this is about.

"The anti-Constitutional stance of the left on clear display for all to see."

Not true at all.

The only people who talk about banning are the gun nutters.

They are instructed to do that as a smoke screen to hide the real issues - which are being discussed in this thread.

You're freaking crazy, you can't sue the manufacturer of a legal product that works as designed. That's the issue here.

I do have to say, nowhere does anything say where he got the .22 he shot his mom with, but I have not found anything that says Mrs. Lanza went to any major effort to secure them beyond putting them in a case.

[
Nope, but his facination with mass shootings and his reclusive behavior would maybe make a person nervous about leaving guns laying about.

what evidence is there that she kept guns laying around

hint-GUN SAFES protect your weapons when you are away

YOU protect your weapons when you are present

fact-IF I AM WILLING to kill someone to get their weapons, I am probably willing to do something SHORT OF KILLING to get them to open a gun safe

[

fact-IF I AM WILLING to kill someone to get their weapons, I am probably willing to do something SHORT OF KILLING to get them to open a gun safe

Other then how you feel about it, how do you know they weren't on a rack on the wall? And still, how did he get the .22 he shot her in the head with 6 times ?

What would the plaintiff's case be? How are firearms manufacturers in any way responsible for Sandy Hook?

Simple......Such weapons of mass murder should NOT be manufactured......Aren't you within the same ilk that gets all pissy about N. Korea wanting to sell nuclear know-how to Iranians.

More deflection, goooooooood job!

I do have to say, nowhere does anything say where he got the .22 he shot his mom with, but I have not found anything that says Mrs. Lanza went to any major effort to secure them beyond putting them in a case.

I did the same research when you posed the question, but like you, couldn't find that information.

What I did find in the process is that Adam did go to a licensed dealer to purchase a long gun since he was a year too young to purchase a handgun. They didn't refuse him, but they did tell him it would take 14 days before his application for the purchase was approved.

It might very well be the case that he was legally allowed to purchase guns.

Inevitably, gun proponents and the NRA will claim that the latest ruling allowing families of the Sandy Hook massacre of children, is a ridiculous ruling.....They will follow up with various scenarios that were someone to be killed by a knife or a rope, that knives and rope manufacturers could ALSO be sued....but when making such comparisons they show both their prejudices and downright stupidity.

Guns are manufactured virtually SOLELY for the purpose of killing....whereas knives or ropes have much different purposes and the flooding of some high-crime areas with weapons whose main purpose is killing of maiming is totally unacceptable.

This ruling is a small but necessary first step toward restoring sanity. The Sandy Hook massacre could not have been as lethal with knives or ropes. Let us join the rest of the sane, and progressive world community where those weapons (mostly made for military purposes) do NOT make their way into deranged and evil hands.

Just like a knife and rope a gun can not kill someone on it own. Guns are also used for hunting ( like the ones I own ) and their purpose is not to kill another human.

To put the gun manufacture at fault for the heinous crime of a sick individual is wrong.

I did the same research when you posed the question, but like you, couldn't find that information.

What I did find in the process is that Adam did go to a licensed dealer to purchase a long gun since he was a year too young to purchase a handgun. They didn't refuse him, but they did tell him it would take 14 days before his application for the purchase was approved.

It might very well be the case that he was legally allowed to purchase guns.

Yup, that would make me wrong to.

[

Other then how you feel about it, how do you know they weren't on a rack on the wall? And still, how did he get the .22 he shot her in the head with 6 times ?
don't know but I know something having been a federal prosecutor for 24 years

some one willing to commit multiple death penalty eligible crimes and die doing it was not going to be stopped by a gun law

Or not being able to get a gun for that matter. One thing I read said Lanza was intrested in mass shootings an such. No guns ? Maybe he makes a bomb. Who knows.

Forum List

Back