Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

Again labeling anything that isn't Corporatist "Marxist" or "Communist" does you no favors.

"Investing is parasitic" is a Marxist meme. Marx said it himself. It is a driver of communism. It is not a driver of corporatism. It is an accurate description.

Investing in and of itself is not parasitic, I implore you to find in my posts where I even implied that.

I'm arguing against the METHOD of investment.

Access...yes...Oppritunity...yes...it's a matter of who pays.

Poverty should be no obstacle to a good education. Quite the contrary. Those in a state of poverty in this extremely wealthy nation should be encouraged to get a good education. That includes funding.
Correcgt. It shouldn't. It shouldn't be a crutch...or an excuse. Our history is replete with folks that worked hard on thier own to change thier circumstances without help from Gubmint.
You see? Liberty is like that.

Really? Name one.

At it's very base, government provides security and a solid judicial environment that allows for trusted markets.

So you'd have to find an American that went to a country like Somalia..and made his fortune there.

Poverty should be no obstacle to a good education. Quite the contrary. Those in a state of poverty in this extremely wealthy nation should be encouraged to get a good education. That includes funding.

It isn't an obstacle. All they have to do is study hard and any kid can get a scholarship. Of course, you want the taxpayers to pay for mediocre students to go to college.

Sorry, but I see no reason why I should have to pay for that.

perhaps you should have thought about getting an education of your own?

or are you envious because you couldn't make the grade?

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

The value of a college education decreases because of several factors. Contrary to popular opinion the success of a college grad is not automatic. Several things have to be taken into consideration:

1) More qualified applicants expands the workforce pool companies can draw from thus lowering wages which defeats the purpose

2) 100% government subsidized education isn't a solution, simply an extra expense we can't afford

3) Not everyone can handle the educational requirements needed to get a degree

4) Preparation for college begins in grade school, so is public education good enough to handle college prep?

Yes, Abu Ghraib was awful. It was one of the most hideous prison in one of the most repressive regimes on earth under Hussein. The symbolism of what we did there was terrible. And you are equating that with Mitt Romney.

That's fucked.

And it's class warfare.

No, Class Warfare is when someone who was born wealthy goes into a company like GST or AmPad and puts a bunch of working stiff out of good paying jobs so that his company can make a profit.

An election is where working stiffs have a say in the matter.

Now the GOP could do the breathtakingly rational thing and try to reconnect with working class folks. The rich are always going to be rich, but it's going to get really ugly in this country if we keep losing the middle class.

It isn't an obstacle. All they have to do is study hard and any kid can get a scholarship. Of course, you want the taxpayers to pay for mediocre students to go to college.

Sure it is.

And I feel the same way about military adventurism.

So..are you for a line item tax return? I believe you said you were against that.

President Obama has touted "College for All". Opportunity and outcome are two completely different goals. I agree with Santorum. We need plumbers and -gasp- ditch diggers too. There is no shame in that. What would be shameful is if those fast food workers were strapped with outrageous student debt.

The false promises mad by the academic elitists disgusts me. We already have millions of underemployed college grads who have been bamboozled drowning in debt.
ALL make for a decent society as they persue thier dreams.

College degree isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

it's just a chance to pretend that your shit doesn't stink.
Fascinating statistics on this site....42 Fun and Interesting Statistics for College Students
For example...1.75 million college people graduate with degrees each year...
2.35 million enroll each year....1.125 million drop out each year..
What the hell is Obama thinking about?
With a tight job market and an even tighter market for white collar professionals, college grads stand little chance of finding that 'corporate' job right out of the starting gate.
Not when there are so many experienced and degreed people out of work.
Companies have the pick of the litter. Business is not going to offer high salaries to people with no experience. It is less expensive to hire experience than it is to train.

Obama IS ahn elitist snob. He's been handed everything in his life.

He has never worked a DAY in his life.

I see nothing wrong with what Santorum supposedly stated.

Obama was raised by a single mother and worked his way up to be president

Now candidates like George Bush and Mitt Romney ARE elitist snobs who went to prep schools and had political connections
That is a racist comment from a self loathing white liberal such as yourself.

Yes, Abu Ghraib was awful. It was one of the most hideous prison in one of the most repressive regimes on earth under Hussein. The symbolism of what we did there was terrible. And you are equating that with Mitt Romney.

That's fucked.

And it's class warfare.

No, Class Warfare is when someone who was born wealthy goes into a company like GST or AmPad and puts a bunch of working stiff out of good paying jobs so that his company can make a profit.

Now the GOP could do the breathtakingly rational thing and try to reconnect with working class folks. The rich are always going to be rich, but it's going to get really ugly in this country if we keep losing the middle class.

Thank you for that hard left-wing rant.

I hear Mother Jones is hiring.

Again labeling anything that isn't Corporatist "Marxist" or "Communist" does you no favors.

"Investing is parasitic" is a Marxist meme. Marx said it himself. It is a driver of communism. It is not a driver of corporatism. It is an accurate description.

So letting the people who actually DO the work have more of a share is "Marxist"?

Interesting. I guess most sensible people are Marxists, then.

Sure it is.

And I feel the same way about military adventurism.

So..are you for a line item tax return? I believe you said you were against that.

Nope. In fact, I think I'm the first one to propose it in this forum, and all the liberal turds run away whenever I suggest it. You know damn well that no one under 50 is going to support sending any tax money to pay for Social Security, Medicare or any of the thousands of government programs for dispensing swag to deadbeats.

I agree that not everyone is cut out for a four year college degree. OTOH, have you priced a two year tech School lately?

Besides... tell me where Obama said "four year College".... I know he was also talking about tech schools.

You want to know what the REAL problem is? There was a time when Companies would train their employees from scratch.... Now, they don't want to do that. They'd rather have a kid go 50-100K in debt... Then offer them a job. Desperation makes for good slaves... er... Employees.
"I know"?.....You're full of shit.
You're just hopeful that Obama meant what you think "you know".

That's fucked.

And it's class warfare.

Thank you for that hard left-wing rant.

I hear Mother Jones is hiring.

You can call it left wing or right wing all day.

I call it good common sense.

Even you admit your fellow bloodsuckers are overpaid.

It's like you guys learned nothing from 2008. :cuckoo:

Nominating guys who can't tell you how many mansions they own is not connecting with average people worried about losing the bungalow they have.

So letting the people who actually DO the work have more of a share is "Marxist"?

Interesting. I guess most sensible people are Marxists, then.

When the mechanism for it is having government take it from the people who earned, yes, that is Marxism.

Marxists are imbeciles and thugs.

Now candidates like George Bush and Mitt Romney ARE elitist snobs who went to prep schools and had political connections

He was raised by his grandmother who was a bank president, and he went to a private college prep school. The image of Obama as some disadvantaged kid couldn't possibly be more hysterical.
Associate Justice Clarence Thomas is an example of a person who was raised in a disadvantaged environment.
He took it one step further. He refused the liberal gifting of Affirmative Action and racial set asides and slugged it out on his own merits.

Really? Name one.

At it's very base, government provides security and a solid judicial environment that allows for trusted markets.

So you'd have to find an American that went to a country like Somalia..and made his fortune there.

So the fact that government kept people from robbing you means the government is entitled to rob you?

Somalia has a government. It's more along the lines of the kind of government liberals are trying to implement here: A class of robbers and thieves who take whatever they want.

He was raised by his grandmother who was a bank president, and he went to a private college prep school. The image of Obama as some disadvantaged kid couldn't possibly be more hysterical.
Associate Justice Clarence Thomas is an example of a person who was raised in a disadvantaged environment.
He took it one step further. He refused the liberal gifting of Affirmative Action and racial set asides and slugged it out on his own merits.
Herman Cain is another.

That's fucked.

And it's class warfare.

This bears repeating.

No, Class Warfare is when someone who was born wealthy goes into a company like GST or AmPad and puts a bunch of working stiff out of good paying jobs so that his company can make a profit

To keep running the company into bankruptcy just so these working stiffs could have a good paying job is not only a form of welfare, it is so counter productive that it will kill the company. So what if EVERYONE loses their jobs and the company folds. Liberals want all those evil companies dead and everyone unemployed because the company went under.

If a company does not make a profit, it is closed. Everyone is let go, the assets are sold off and it's over. That's okay. The goal is that companies should be deprived of profits. Even if it kills them.

Sometimes there is nothing to be done, all the financial surgery in the world won't save tht failure. It goes off to corporate death. Sometimes cutting off deadwood increases efficiency and productivity. The company grows. It hires three times the number of people it had to let go while it healed from the damage.

Mitt Romney has a lot to be proud of in turning companies around. He has a lot to be proud of in knowing what cuts to make and where. Just like any surgeon who amputates a diseased leg. This is a reason to vote for him, not to vote for obaabaa.

Really? Name one.

So the fact that government kept people from robbing you means the government is entitled to rob you?

Somalia has a government. It's more along the lines of the kind of government liberals are trying to implement here: A class of robbers and thieves who take whatever they want.
Some fail to understand the premiseof this Republic...Life, Liberty,And the persuit of happiness (property), and the right of every individual to persue it on thier own without interference.

But then those with a herd mentailty as the Statists don't belive in the individual.

I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

Aint that the truth? What gets me is that
Bachman rose and fell
Cain rose and fell
Perry rose and fell...hard
Gingrich rose and fell

Now Santorum is rising and somehow he thinks that it is because of his campaigning? Uhhh...no. It's a lack of "non-Romney" choices that the hard right wants.

Forum List

Back