Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

omg...NOT ALL kids are CUT out for going to college..

you and the Obama are both idiots

So question, why is the general sentiment here seem to be that those that ARE cut out for it are elitist liberals?

Also, was the last line really necessary, he may have an opposing viewpoint but last I checked that doesn't make one an idiot.

that wasn't a opposing viewpoint...it was a idiotic statement so I pointed it out..

Nothing wrong with that.

Joe never admits that those that RISK their $$$ investing sometimes lose their $$.
Emphasis ON THEIR $$$$.

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

Investing can be parasitic, yes. What do you think Wall St. does? They make profit from profit, not profit from goods or services.

Really? How so?

You know how Wall St. investment works, right? They wait for trending profits, invest and withdraw as much money from it as possible before dumping it for the next one.

When was the last time investment banking provided a service beyond increasing wealth of the wealthy?

I love the anti-intellectualism of this thread. You're right of course, higher education isn't for everyone, and there is no shame in not pursuing it. But why would pursuing it be so shameful to you?

Personally, I'd like to be a handsome movie star and have a bevy of starlets at my beck and call.

I have no problem with people pursuing it, but at the end of the day, who pays for all of this?

When I went to college in 1980, Tuition at the University of IL at Chicago was about $1200 a year. Today it's about $11,000 a year.

I got through it by being in teh National Guard and working two minimum wage jobs.

Today, we have the OWS folks who think the government should just pay it and then their student loans should be forgiven.

Joe never admits that those that RISK their $$$ investing sometimes lose their $$.
Emphasis ON THEIR $$$$.

Nope. I simply don't care.

This country worked a lot better when we didn't have this level of greed and stupidity, and people recognized a middle class was essential.

I have no problem with people risking their money. I have a HUGE problem when they use that money to screw people over because they can.

I mean, by your logic, should a rich person be allowed to simply buy the internal organs of a poor person? Or take them by force? I mean, they're rich, right? That makes them much more important to the society.

I love the anti-intellectualism of this thread. You're right of course, higher education isn't for everyone, and there is no shame in not pursuing it. But why would pursuing it be so shameful to you?

Personally, I'd like to be a handsome movie star and have a bevy of starlets at my beck and call.

I have no problem with people pursuing it, but at the end of the day, who pays for all of this?

When I went to college in 1980, Tuition at the University of IL at Chicago was about $1200 a year. Today it's about $11,000 a year.

I got through it by being in teh National Guard and working two minimum wage jobs.

Today, we have the OWS folks who think the government should just pay it and then their student loans should be forgiven.

A few facts for you:

Universities in California used to be free until somewhat recently. California has had the largest surplus until recently.

I'm left standing here figuring out how education could possibly have been the cause of it, when it is clear that education wasn't.

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason, using violence against business owners who do not succumb to his vision - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

My favorite thus far - Joe thinks that turning around Bain is the equivalent of Abu Ghraib!

Please point out where I ever compared Bain to Abu Ghraib...

thanks.

Sorry, man, what the Wall Street scumwads have been doing to this country is a crime.

We should treat it as such.

Investing can be parasitic, yes. What do you think Wall St. does? They make profit from profit, not profit from goods or services.

Really? How so?

You know how Wall St. investment works, right? They wait for trending profits, invest and withdraw as much money from it as possible before dumping it for the next one.

When was the last time investment banking provided a service beyond increasing wealth of the wealthy?

Yes, I know how Wall Street works. I've been in the capital markets most of my career and deal with Wall Street almost every day. So I know the good and the bad. And your understanding is an inaccurate caricature of what they do.

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason, using violence against business owners who do not succumb to his vision - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

My favorite thus far - Joe thinks that turning around Bain is the equivalent of Abu Ghraib!

thanks.

Sorry, man, what the Wall Street scumwads have been doing to this country is a crime.

You mean you didn't compare Romney's turnaround of Bain & Co to Abu Ghraib? If I do a quick search, are you saying I won't find anything? I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Who sets executive salaries?
Shareholders.
Buy some shares and set all the salaries you want.
My sister was an executive for ATT for many years.
When you figured out how many hours she worked, as you do know that executives are SALARY, she was making less $$$ than the top tier union workers.
You hate management Joe. Admit it. Union shop folks were spoiled for so many years, having no risk in anything, working 40 hours a week, nights and weekends off, paid vacations, paid benefit package, FULL RETIREMENT.
Try risking everything you own like I do every day and go to work for yourself if you do not like working for the man. I have no retirement, no benefit package, no overtime, work most nights and weekends.
For 33 years.
I have heard the whiny moaning and groaning from my union relatives also.
That is what is horse shit.
They also refused to do anything after high school to train themselves FOR WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

I despise most management. I truly wonder on a system that puts such obviousy stupid people in charge, and that pretty much describes every company I've worked for since I left the Army in 1992.

And frankly, watching them fuck it up has left me with little or no sympathy for them.

But you see, this is kind of an American thing. No Japanese Executive would accept a 12 figure salary for running his company into the ground and requiring a government bailout. But this is exactly what your Weird Mormon Robot did at Bain and you clowns want to make him president.

thanks.

You mean you didn't compare Romney's turnaround of Bain & Co to Abu Ghraib? If I do a quick search, are you saying I won't find anything? I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

He didn't "turn around" Bain. And I don't recall using the term Abu Grahib in any context recently. But if you can find it and put it IN CONTEXT, I'd be happy to look at it.

thanks.

He didn't "turn around" Bain. And I don't recall using the term Abu Grahib in any context recently. But if you can find it and put it IN CONTEXT, I'd be happy to look at it.

He did turn around Bain. Sorry, you're perception is massively biased by your hatred.

And here is your quote.

Most Americans are pretty tired of "Successful" businessmen who make eight figures while they lose their house and job...

Again, let's pretend that Romney was as pure as the driven snow on this.

Big fuckin' whup.

People lost their jobs. He made millions. It's a terrible optic. It's Abu Grahib level awful.

Perception is reality. This is the trap the Democrats hope Republicans walk into with Romney. Republicans think business is wonderful, so they think the wage slaves all think that, too. They don't.

Really? How so?

Yes, I know how Wall Street works. I've been in the capital markets most of my career and deal with Wall Street almost every day. So I know the good and the bad. And your understanding is an inaccurate caricature of what they do.

Oh? What service to they provide to society that is worth as much as they get paid?

He did turn around Bain. Sorry, you're perception is massively biased by your hatred.

And here is your quote.

Most Americans are pretty tired of "Successful" businessmen who make eight figures while they lose their house and job...

Again, let's pretend that Romney was as pure as the driven snow on this.

Big fuckin' whup.

People lost their jobs. He made millions. It's a terrible optic. It's Abu Grahib level awful.

Perception is reality. This is the trap the Democrats hope Republicans walk into with Romney. Republicans think business is wonderful, so they think the wage slaves all think that, too. They don't.

Oh, so not what you presented it as at all... when put in the context of "IT LOOKS BAD".

SO you are admitting you still don't really understand the point I was making, then?

He didn't "turn around Bain", He founded Bain, and Bain went into companies like AmPad and looted them, destroying jobs and whole communities.

Which I'm sorry, just looks bad.

Human victims trump shiny PowerPoint graphs.

You know, I know this is going to be really hard for you to understand.

Most voters are NOT guys who made a killing in this recession and are proud of it.

Most people were on the victim end of the disaster.

And you really think that trying to run the fox for president of the Henhouse is a good idea when the Chickens are voting.

Oh? What service to they provide to society that is worth as much as they get paid?

Shhhh... you can't ask them that. Never ask a parasite why he's not a vital organ.

Obama IS ahn elitist snob. He's been handed everything in his life.

He has never worked a DAY in his life.

I see nothing wrong with what Santorum supposedly stated.

Obama was raised by a single mother and worked his way up to be president

Now candidates like George Bush and Mitt Romney ARE elitist snobs who went to prep schools and had political connections

Obama was raised by his mother's parents and attended an elite school for the wealthy and connected in Hawaii. You make it sound like he grew up in the ghetto to a single mom. As far as "working"? That's never been a big part of Barack's make-up. He's been GIVEN things that other people work at.

Oh, so not what you presented it as at all... when put in the context of "IT LOOKS BAD".

SO you are admitting you still don't really understand the point I was making, then?

I know exactly what you were saying.

You were analogizing the optics of a business turnaround to an event which was used to recruit terrorists in the Middle East to go to Iraq and kill Americans.

That is really warped.

He didn't "turn around Bain", He founded Bain, and Bain went into companies like AmPad and looted them, destroying jobs and whole communities.

Which I'm sorry, just looks bad

Dood, I know you wander around in a fog of hate towards Romney since you admitted it, but if you're going to slander someone, at least get your facts straight.

Romney started Bain Capital. He did not start Bain & Co. Bain & Co. was a consulting firm which originally hired Romney. Romney founded Bain Capital, a spin-off investment firm from Bain & Co. Bain & Co - the consulting company - found itself in financial trouble. They hired Romney from Bain Capital - the investment firm - to save the firm. He saved the firm.

And because of it, you think the optics are the equivalent of Abu Ghraib.

Class warfare =/= being a Republican.

Last edited:
Obama's right. Unless there is some sort of defect that prevents it..all US kids should have access to college.

I believe what Obama said was that all kids should have the OPPORTUNITY to attend college; but even if he did say that all kids should attend college, would that really be such a bad thing to strive for? Good grief, this couintry is in deep trouble.

And what Santorum is saying is that college isn't for everyone. That doesn't make him a nutcase. That makes him a realist. Barack Obama has the classic "intellectual's" bias that anyone who hasn't gone to college is an idiot who's point of view shouldn't count as heavily as theirs. Funny how it's the "idiot" that the intellectual usually calls to fix their plumbing, electrical wiring or car engine when they stop working because they don't have a clue what to do. It's just one more example of why THIS President is so sorely out of touch with the country he lives in. He doesn't understand blue collar people because he's never been a blue collar person or been in contact with them. He was raised in privileged circumstances and attended an exclusive private school. Oh, he purports to speak for the lower classes and minorities but he has nothing in common with them. He's a golf playing prep school nerd who used Affirmative Action to overcome his early "stoner" college work to get into some of the best colleges in the country and then parlay that into a lifetime of cushy jobs. Is it any wonder that he thinks EVERYONE should go to college? Sure beats working for a living...right Barack?

Wait...I'm "anti-intellectual" because I point out that the President looks down on those who didn't go to college? I'm not against college, Photonic. I went myself and enjoyed every second of it but I'm also the son of firefighter who grew up on a dairy farm milking cows every morning at 4 AM, so I both understand blue collar folks and more importantly RESPECT blue collar folks. We had a next door neighbor who was a retired Psych. professor from Princeton who was considered brilliant in his field. Nice guy but dumb as a rock when it came to practical matters. Barack Obama reminds me of him...IN A BIG WAY!

Forum List

Back