Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Example #2,546,422 of JoeB hating capitalism.

Really, the Democrat Party is over thataway. You should be over there. I mean, if they don't think you're too far to the left.

I love how the first response of anyone attacking corporate fascism is that they are communist.

I happen to think Capitalism is the only system that can work properly, but I recognize that corporatism is just fucking stupid also.

Exactly.

The problem with corporatism is that it is ultimately self-defeating. Eventually, you can probably eliminate the middle class, but then you don't have any customers for your wares. We've exacerbated this problem by running up credit cards and then using our inflated home values to cover the cards, but what we really needed all along was to demand fair wages and hold companies that don't play fair accountable.

Instead, we went along with the "Free Trade" stupidity, which is just as much about crushing the middle class as it is about actually increasing profits.

I hold that in the same way communism didn't work, corporatism cannot work either.

Oh boy

Fake outrage "Obama gonna make everyones kids go to Kollege! You're not the boss of ME!"

Waa..pleez.

Oh boy

Fake outrage "Obama gonna make everyones kids go to Kollege! You're not the boss of ME!"

Waa..pleez.

Haha, that's kind of what I thought when I first opened the thread. I can understand the argument against it.

In an ideal society everyone would be highly educated, and able to make informed opinions.

America is far from ideal, and the job market isn't capable of handling that many educated people.

I suppose that begs the question, is corporatism of America killing education, or driving it?

That's because the Corporate Bloodsuckers are driving down working folks wages, not because college folks are really making that much more...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Really, the Democrat Party is over thataway. You should be over there. I mean, if they don't think you're too far to the left.

quite the contrary, I see capitalism as being a necessary evil.

God calls greed a sin.

But please go with the substance of my statement.

My dad, a WWII vet never went to college. He was a smart man, he knew what was what. Had his flaws. But back in the good old days, he was in the union, he made a good enough wage to support five kids and buy himself a nice fishing place up in Wisconsin. That's what having an honest to goodness middle class means.

Could I do that now? Nope. Neither could most people. Because we don't have a middle class anymore.

And this is why the GOP will lose in November. Because people like you just don't understand why this is a bad thing.

Because the price of that nice fishing place went sky high because of demand and the high wages that allowed that demand to send the cost of that fishing place sky high.
That is what has happened to the middle class.
You have to acknowledge that wages that rise and rise and rise always at some point in time outpace the demand for those skills.
And that is what happened with union wages. The fact that this generation is punished because the last was over paid for their labor is ignored.
And no offense to your Dad who obviously had his priorities in order and earned every cent he made. Same with my Dad.
But the prices rose BECAUSE OF THOSE HIGH WAGES.
How else could they?

Ask any HS teacher - left/right/ or center what they think of "College for All". Every teacher I know has struggled with the notion that they are complicit in the "Big Lie". We are preparing half of our students for nothing.

Or ask any college prof who has had to deal with the ones who shouldn't be there to begin with.

I will never for get the mom and daughter who came in so the daughter could apply to the Nursing program. Mom kept saying, 'ok WE need to take this and WE need to take that and WE need...blah blah blah' while the girl sat and rolled her eyes. I told the mom, it looked more like SHE should be the one enrolling in college as clearly SHE was the only one interested. She didn't like that. I didn't care. But eye roller never darkend our doors. And that was good for her as well as for us.

That's because the Corporate Bloodsuckers are driving down working folks wages, not because college folks are really making that much more...

If one does not like his wage then walk and find another job.
If I own a corporation I seek the BEST AND MOST QUALIFIED for the job.
Wages are driven down by competition. The more unqualified workers we have to do menial work the lower the wages go.
The more qualified workers we have filling the technical jobs that are now available the higher the middle class incomes go up.
Just that simple.
Something about supply and demand.

Does 100% of the population need to attend college?

I believe what Obama said was that all kids should have the OPPORTUNITY to attend college; but even if he did say that all kids should attend college, would that really be such a bad thing to strive for? Good grief, this couintry is in deep trouble.

And what Santorum is saying is that college isn't for everyone. That doesn't make him a nutcase. That makes him a realist. Barack Obama has the classic "intellectual's" bias that anyone who hasn't gone to college is an idiot who's point of view shouldn't count as heavily as theirs. Funny how it's the "idiot" that the intellectual usually calls to fix their plumbing, electrical wiring or car engine when they stop working because they don't have a clue what to do. It's just one more example of why THIS President is so sorely out of touch with the country he lives in. He doesn't understand blue collar people because he's never been a blue collar person or been in contact with them. He was raised in privileged circumstances and attended an exclusive private school. Oh, he purports to speak for the lower classes and minorities but he has nothing in common with them. He's a golf playing prep school nerd who used Affirmative Action to overcome his early "stoner" college work to get into some of the best colleges in the country and then parlay that into a lifetime of cushy jobs. Is it any wonder that he thinks EVERYONE should go to college? Sure beats working for a living...right Barack?

I believe what Obama said was that all kids should have the OPPORTUNITY to attend college; but even if he did say that all kids should attend college, would that really be such a bad thing to strive for? Good grief, this couintry is in deep trouble.

And what Santorum is saying is that college isn't for everyone. That doesn't make him a nutcase. That makes him a realist. Barack Obama has the classic "intellectual's" bias that anyone who hasn't gone to college is an idiot who's point of view shouldn't count as heavily as theirs. Funny how it's the "idiot" that the intellectual usually calls to fix their plumbing, electrical wiring or car engine when they stop working because they don't have a clue what to do. It's just one more example of why THIS President is so sorely out of touch with the country he lives in. He doesn't understand blue collar people because he's never been a blue collar person or been in contact with them. He was raised in privileged circumstances and attended an exclusive private school. Oh, he purports to speak for the lower classes and minorities but he has nothing in common with them. He's a golf playing prep school nerd who used Affirmative Action to overcome his early "stoner" college work to get into some of the best colleges in the country and then parlay that into a lifetime of cushy jobs. Is it any wonder that he thinks EVERYONE should go to college? Sure beats working for a living...right Barack?

I love the anti-intellectualism of this thread. You're right of course, higher education isn't for everyone, and there is no shame in not pursuing it. But why would pursuing it be so shameful to you?

Because the price of that nice fishing place went sky high because of demand and the high wages that allowed that demand to send the cost of that fishing place sky high.
You have to acknowledge that wages that rise and rise and rise always at some point in time outpace the demand for those skills.
And that is what happened with union wages. The fact that this generation is punished because the last was over paid for their labor is ignored.
And no offense to your Dad who obviously had his priorities in order and earned every cent he made. Same with my Dad.
How else could they?

Horseshit. Wages for working folks have only gone up about 1% since 1980 when adjusted for inflation, compared to executive salaries, which have increased 600%. The Foxes are in charge of the Henhouse and we are surprised to find chicken bones everywhere...

Oh boy

Waa..pleez.

:eusa_boohoo:

Ask any HS teacher - left/right/ or center what they think of "College for All". Every teacher I know has struggled with the notion that they are complicit in the "Big Lie". We are preparing half of our students for nothing.

Or ask any college prof who has had to deal with the ones who shouldn't be there to begin with.

I will never for get the mom and daughter who came in so the daughter could apply to the Nursing program. Mom kept saying, 'ok WE need to take this and WE need to take that and WE need...blah blah blah' while the girl sat and rolled her eyes. I told the mom, it looked more like SHE should be the one enrolling in college as clearly SHE was the only one interested. She didn't like that. I didn't care. But eye roller never darkend our doors. And that was good for her as well as for us.

I hear ya. I know of a few teachers who have been reprimanded for statements like "College isn't for everyone" or "Don't waste your parents' money if you hate school". It damages their self-esteem or something.

I had a student ask me to "help him" with his college essay. I told him to bring me the topic and his rough draft and I'd work with him after school. That was a month ago. Deadlines are
approaching. Half my students would tell you they are going to college next year. Not one has taken the SATs. They just parrot this fantasy they have been fed.

Educated kids are elitists and Colleges just indoctrinate them to liberal ideology

omg...NOT ALL kids are CUT out for going to college..

you and the Obama are both idiots

So question, why is the general sentiment here seem to be that those that ARE cut out for it are elitist liberals?

Also, was the last line really necessary, he may have an opposing viewpoint but last I checked that doesn't make one an idiot.

Good to see the Hufferpost got their panties all in a bunch AGAIN..

some of the petty stuff that is brought over here from them...

How else could they?

Horseshit. Wages for working folks have only gone up about 1% since 1980 when adjusted for inflation, compared to executive salaries, which have increased 600%. The Foxes are in charge of the Henhouse and we are surprised to find chicken bones everywhere...

Who sets executive salaries?
Shareholders.
Buy some shares and set all the salaries you want.
My sister was an executive for ATT for many years.
When you figured out how many hours she worked, as you do know that executives are SALARY, she was making less $$$ than the top tier union workers.
You hate management Joe. Admit it. Union shop folks were spoiled for so many years, having no risk in anything, working 40 hours a week, nights and weekends off, paid vacations, paid benefit package, FULL RETIREMENT.
Try risking everything you own like I do every day and go to work for yourself if you do not like working for the man. I have no retirement, no benefit package, no overtime, work most nights and weekends.
For 33 years.
I have heard the whiny moaning and groaning from my union relatives also.
That is what is horse shit.
They also refused to do anything after high school to train themselves FOR WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS.

Educated kids are elitists and Colleges just indoctrinate them to liberal ideology

omg...NOT ALL kids are CUT out for going to college..

you and the Obama are both idiots

So question, why is the general sentiment here seem to be that those that ARE cut out for it are elitist liberals?

Also, was the last line really necessary, he may have an opposing viewpoint but last I checked that doesn't make one an idiot.

that wasn't a opposing viewpoint...it was a idiotic statement so I pointed it out..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love how the first response of anyone attacking corporate fascism is that they are communist.

I happen to think Capitalism is the only system that can work properly, but I recognize that corporatism is just fucking stupid also.

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason, using violence against business owners who do not succumb to his vision - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

My favorite thus far - Joe thinks that turning around Bain is the equivalent of Abu Ghraib!

Last edited:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

quite the contrary, I see capitalism as being a necessary evil.

God calls greed a sin.

But please go with the substance of my statement.

My dad, a WWII vet never went to college. He was a smart man, he knew what was what. Had his flaws. But back in the good old days, he was in the union, he made a good enough wage to support five kids and buy himself a nice fishing place up in Wisconsin. That's what having an honest to goodness middle class means.

Could I do that now? Nope. Neither could most people. Because we don't have a middle class anymore.

And this is why the GOP will lose in November. Because people like you just don't understand why this is a bad thing.

Capitalism is "evil."

lol

Awesome!

Über-über-über-RINO!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

Investing can be parasitic, yes. What do you think Wall St. does? They make profit from profit, not profit from goods or services.

Except that JoeB's philosophy - economic nationalism, protectionism, blaming the Financial Meltdown on capitalism, demonizing investors, saying investing is parasitic, equating offshoring to treason - is closer to fascism than maximizing corporate profits is there dude.

Investing can be parasitic, yes. What do you think Wall St. does? They make profit from profit, not profit from goods or services.

Really? How so?

Forum List

Back