Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

That's just pure horseshit. What you had is a federal government that looked the other way when union thugs beat up anyone who crossed a picket line.

And that would be a bad thing, why?

ROFL! So you're admitting that you support thugs who use violence against innocent people?

He said earlier that he had no problem with unemployed people beating the crap out of capitalists.

:thup:

Outstanding.

And that would be a bad thing, why?

ROFL! So you're admitting that you support thugs who use violence against innocent people?

He said earlier that he had no problem with unemployed people beating the crap out of capitalists.

Outstanding.

That would be pretty awesome, actually.

Actually what I think I suggested was putting these bloodsuckers in a room full of people whose lives they ruined and a gross of baseball bats...

And let them try to talk their way out of that one.

Actions should have consequences.

I love the anti-intellectualism of this thread. You're right of course, higher education isn't for everyone, and there is no shame in not pursuing it. But why would pursuing it be so shameful to you?

Wait...I'm "anti-intellectual" because I point out that the President looks down on those who didn't go to college? I'm not against college, Photonic. I went myself and enjoyed every second of it but I'm also the son of firefighter who grew up on a dairy farm milking cows every morning at 4 AM, so I both understand blue collar folks and more importantly RESPECT blue collar folks. We had a next door neighbor who was a retired Psych. professor from Princeton who was considered brilliant in his field. Nice guy but dumb as a rock when it came to practical matters. Barack Obama reminds me of him...IN A BIG WAY!

No, I'm not saying you personally are anti-intellectual, but it seems to be a re-occurring theme in the past few days to rant about how education is destroying our youth.

Education will never ruin anyone...but the way that the left has taken over the education system to push their values on young people has gotten ridiculous over the past forty years. By the time a young American goes through twelve years of public school and another four plus years in college these days, they are so brainwashed to believe in progressive nonsense that it takes them years out in the real world to come to the realization that they were sold a bill of goods. I'm all for education...I'm just against propagandizing.

Outstanding.

Actually what I think I suggested was putting these bloodsuckers in a room full of people whose lives they ruined and a gross of baseball bats...

communist-poster.jpg

And this is why the GOP will lose in November. Because people like you just don't understand why this is a bad thing.

You are as fucking ridiculous a far-left ideologue as rdean or any of these other assholes. You are predicatable and cartoonish in your far-left extremism and endlessly repetitive partisanship. It's really ok to be 'out of character' and act like a normal person for five fucking minutes, douchebag.

Ain't a "right/left" thing, guy. .

Yes it is, douchebag. But YOU lack the balls to be upfront about what you are. You seem to think that putting on a little 'show' is cute and all that but what it really does is highlight your lack of character. Sooner or later you're going to have to try being a real human, because you don't have forever, asshole.

Educated kids are elitists and Colleges just indoctrinate them to liberal ideology

Quite true in my case - I didn't know there was any such thing as a "liberal" till I went to college (1957)

Yet a majority of the educated in america are republican, so obviously that can't be true.

Anecdotal I know but:
from Is it true that most college graduates are democrats? [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board

"This CNN page might help a little. (CNN.com Election 2004)
VOTE BY EDUCATION BUSH KERRY NADER
No High School (4%) 49% +10 50% 0%
H.S. Graduate (22%) 52% +3 47% 0%
Some College (32%) 54% +3 46% 0%
College Graduate (26%) 52% +1 46% 1%
Postgrad Study (16%) 44% +0 55% 1%
No College Degree (58%) 53% n/a 47% 0%
College Graduate (42%) 49% n/a 49% 1%

This is only one election however"

Outstanding.

Wouldn't you make a nice, faceless member of the Red Guard? A situation perfectly suited to shallow, unthinking cowards like you.

If you're crossing a picket line, you are not "innocent".

Are you breaking the law?

If I walk up to you in a bar and say insulting things about your mother's virtue, I'm probably not breaking the law, but I'd better be prepared to inflict or recieve an ass-kicking.

You cross a picket line and try to steal food off someone else's table, be prepared for the same.

The problem is, unions stopped doing that sort of thing, and they've been in decline ever since.
The very fact that union people consider the crossing the picket line as "taking food" from someone is precisely what crushed the unions in the first place. The belief that the jobs belong to the worker. False. The jobs belong to the employer.
The other issue is that union people always want it both ways.
They claim the business owes them a job but when it comes down to negotiation time the workers say they work for the union and not the business.
Thirdly, union management has always claimed their workers were the best. As we have learned, they are no better ,no worse than anyone else.
If union members were uniquely talented, they would have no problems getting work anywhere where they were needed. Such is not the case. Again, no worse, no better than non-union counterparts.

I can't imagine that proclaiming kids shouldn't aspire to go to college would be a winning political strategy.

Nobody proclaimed that...

Well, then its probably not a good idea for slamming the President for suggesting such.

There sure is a lot of butthurt in this thread BTW...
No one suggested all young people should not aspire to go to college.
You made that up. You made it up because you have nothing else to add.

OMG - Can you believe these right wing radicals at Harvard? A bunch of Santorum freaks I imagine. :eek:

Four Years of College Isn't for Everyone, Harvard Study Says - Bloomberg
Exactly. College isn't for everyone. Trade schools exist for a reason...
Yeah......it teaches those kids (with parents of lesser-mean$) to settle.​
You are an arrogant elitist prick..
You just shit on everyone who works with their hands. FUCK YOU!
Oh and you can stow the "fuck you too"...
Transparency is a model trait of all liberal weenies.

Wait...I'm "anti-intellectual" because I point out that the President looks down on those who didn't go to college? I'm not against college, Photonic. I went myself and enjoyed every second of it but I'm also the son of firefighter who grew up on a dairy farm milking cows every morning at 4 AM, so I both understand blue collar folks and more importantly RESPECT blue collar folks. We had a next door neighbor who was a retired Psych. professor from Princeton who was considered brilliant in his field. Nice guy but dumb as a rock when it came to practical matters. Barack Obama reminds me of him...IN A BIG WAY!

No, I'm not saying you personally are anti-intellectual, but it seems to be a re-occurring theme in the past few days to rant about how education is destroying our youth.

Education will never ruin anyone...but the way that the left has taken over the education system to push their values on young people has gotten ridiculous over the past forty years. By the time a young American goes through twelve years of public school and another four plus years in college these days, they are so brainwashed to believe in progressive nonsense that it takes them years out in the real world to come to the realization that they were sold a bill of goods. I'm all for education...I'm just against propagandizing.

OWS protests this past Summer are a prime example. They found out that the real world keeps score. They found out too that they have been sold a Statist bill of goods that doesn't quite jive with reality.

Outstanding.

communist-poster.jpg

No, you see, guy, I'd like to PREVENT that sort of thing from happening.

But the thing is, like the Romanovs, your sort is kind of clueless to the level of suffering.

Until the angry mob shows up at the door.

And then it's really too late to save you from yourselves.

30 years ago, a Democrat as far to the left as Obama NEVER could have gotten elected.

4 years ago, he won by 10 million votes and got more votes than any candidate in US History.

But you'll nominate another clueless character who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, and wonder why people will do it again.

Wouldn't you make a nice, faceless member of the Red Guard? A situation perfectly suited to shallow, unthinking cowards like you.

Hey, man, revenge is human nature.

The first step is to make sure people aren't feeling vengeful.

I think you'd understand that better than anyone, nipping at my heals because I insulted your silly little cult...

Nobody proclaimed that...

Well, then its probably not a good idea for slamming the President for suggesting such.

There sure is a lot of butthurt in this thread BTW...
No one suggested all young people should not aspire to go to college.
You made that up. You made it up because you have nothing else to add.

The EEOC is now discouraging people from going to high school.

Employers are facing more uncertainty in the wake of a letter from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission warning them that requiring a high school diploma from a job applicant might violate the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The development also has some wondering whether the agency’s advice will result in an educational backlash by creating less of an incentive for some high school students to graduate.

The “informal discussion letter” from the EEOC said an employer’s requirement of a high school diploma, long a standard criterion for screening potential employees, must be “job-related for the position in question and consistent with business necessity.” The letter was posted on the commission’s website on Dec. 2.

Employers could run afoul of the ADA if their requirement of a high school diploma “‘screens out’ an individual who is unable to graduate because of a learning disability that meets the ADA’s definition of ‘disability,’” the EEOC explained....

EEOC: High school diploma requirement might violate Americans with Disabilities Act - Washington Times

Quite true in my case - I didn't know there was any such thing as a "liberal" till I went to college (1957)

Yet a majority of the educated in america are republican, so obviously that can't be true.

Anecdotal I know but:
from Is it true that most college graduates are democrats? [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board

"This CNN page might help a little. (CNN.com Election 2004)
No High School (4%) 49% +10 50% 0%
H.S. Graduate (22%) 52% +3 47% 0%
Some College (32%) 54% +3 46% 0%
College Graduate (26%) 52% +1 46% 1%
Postgrad Study (16%) 44% +0 55% 1%
No College Degree (58%) 53% n/a 47% 0%
College Graduate (42%) 49% n/a 49% 1%

This is only one election however"

Obama wants us to pay for kids to go to college so that even if they don't graduate they can still be indoctrinated.

Forum List

Back