Sarah Palin: Americans Will Get 'Mugged By Reality' When Employer Mandates Hit

I am only speaking for myself, but the 80 million is an estimate. We may look back in a couple of years and find the actual number to be 40 million. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period! If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period!

P.S. If your side of the debate lacks substance, you might want to try looking for grammatical errors.

Yup, if it turns out to "only" be 5 or 10 or 30 million, the apologists will play it down as nothing.

A lie is a lie, they can spin all they want.

So....you buy it then? You think the claims that millions of people will lose their employer sponsored health insurance plans are true?

What evidence have you used to make this determination?

I am only speaking for myself, but the 80 million is an estimate. We may look back in a couple of years and find the actual number to be 40 million. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period! If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period!

P.S. If your side of the debate lacks substance, you might want to try looking for grammatical errors.

Are you committing to the 40 million number? Or, is that just an estimate? Is it possible, as you currently understand the facts at hand, that the number could be more like....... 1 million? Maybe zero?

P.S. If you wish to communicate your thoughts so that others understand them, learn how to use our language.

You are so right about the use of language. Perhaps you should write a letter and explain that concept to the Obama administration. If you like your plan, you can keep it, period! If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period! Apparently either Obama lied or he had a problem with using the language.

I don't understand why a thread was made out of this. She is just parroting what everyone else on the right says. It doesn't mean she actually knows what she is talking about. I mean I get she makes the Fox News audience feel intelligent by listening to her trying to form coherent sentences, but she ultimately does the teabaggers a disservice by speaking for them. It is one of the many reasons why no one else takes the movement seriously.

I don't understand why a thread was made out of this. She is just parroting what everyone else on the right says. It doesn't mean she actually knows what she is talking about. I mean I get she makes the Fox News audience feel intelligent by listening to her trying to form coherent sentences, but she ultimately does the teabaggers a disservice by speaking for them. It is one of the many reasons why no one else takes the movement seriously.

Sure beats rationally and civilly addressing her point, huh?

Are you committing to the 40 million number? Or, is that just an estimate? Is it possible, as you currently understand the facts at hand, that the number could be more like....... 1 million? Maybe zero?

P.S. If you wish to communicate your thoughts so that others understand them, learn how to use our language.

You are so right about the use of language. Perhaps you should write a letter and explain that concept to the Obama administration. If you like your plan, you can keep it, period! If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period! Apparently either Obama lied or he had a problem with using the language.

Any comment on the other part of my post?

Last edited:

Yup, if it turns out to "only" be 5 or 10 or 30 million, the apologists will play it down as nothing.

A lie is a lie, they can spin all they want.

Sorry, "I did not have sex with that woman" is a lie.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan" isn't, if the guy sincerely believed that the Insurance companies weren't going to double cross him at the first oppurtunity.

And here's the problem. A lot of the ACA was contingent upon the insurance companies playing honest and the states doing what they were supposed to do in setting up the exchanges and expanding MediCaid.

I suppose that if he had said, "You can keep your plan unless self-serving politicians and insurance companies gum up the works", that would have been more accurate and prescient, but then you guys would accuse him of being a divider.

Either it was a lie or Obama is incompetent for not knowing the basic effects of the law.

Ay comment on the other part of my post?

Do you mean "Any" instead of "Ay".

Nice to see that you made the correction without my help.

Have you addressed her point? I don't think so.

Nice to see that you made the correction without my help.

Typo, dummy.

Any comment on the estimate?

[

Either it was a lie or Obama is incompetent for not knowing the basic effects of the law.

Or he simply went on the experience of Massachusetts (what did they call that program again, Mormony-Care, or something like that?) of how it would play out, and could make that statement with a certain level of confidence.

Or countries like Germany which have a similiar system that have worked fine for years.

Is anyone on this thread even addressing what she is talking about?

Is anyone on this thread even addressing what she is talking about?

I did.

She's right and people can't deny she is wrong. She warned about the Death Panels but this is even more troubling because when the 'employer mandate' is enforced at the first of the year. This is when the shit will hit the fan and working Americans are going to be hit with reality.

Oh jesus you moron, you never fail to be the wind-up toy for my boredom.

She didn't know what she was talking about either. The Death Panels have been the insurance companies....all along.

They deny, cancel and rescind policies and claims on a whim if they think the bill is going to be too big. They've been doing it for years.

Get a catastrophic illness, moron and then see how your insurer treats you. They want you to die and die quickly. They are corporations who need to show their shareholders A PROFIT. You start to lose money for them and you will see the claims denied and/or delayed to the detriment of your health and finances.

FUCKING GROW UP.

The Ten Worst Insurance Companies
1. Allstate
2. Unum
3. AIG
4. State Farm
5. Conseco
6. WellPoint
7. Farmers
8. UnitedHealth
9. Torchmark
10. Liberty Mutual

https://www.justice.org/docs/TenWorstInsuranceCompanies.pdf*

Last edited:
Typo, dummy.

Any comment on the estimate?

There is an entire thread dedicated to the estimate in the health care forum. I am not going to rehash all of that here.

Link. Especially to YOUR posts in that thread. I am seeking YOUR thoughts on the veracity of the claim that your idol parroted.

I believe that it is likely that millions of plans will be canceled. I am not inclined to believe that if you like your Health care plan, you can keep it, period. That being the claim of your idol.

Palin: Americans Will Get 'Mugged By Reality' When Employer Mandates Hit

Sounds as if reality mugged Sarah. Dizzy lady.

There is an entire thread dedicated to the estimate in the health care forum. I am not going to rehash all of that here.

Link. Especially to YOUR posts in that thread. I am seeking YOUR thoughts on the veracity of the claim that your idol parroted.

I believe that it is likely that millions of plans will be canceled. I am not inclined to believe that if you like your Health care plan, you can keep it, period. That being the claim of your idol.

And what do you base that belief on?

She's right and people can't deny she is wrong. She warned about the Death Panels but this is even more troubling because when the 'employer mandate' is enforced at the first of the year. This is when the shit will hit the fan and working Americans are going to be hit with reality.

2010-Sarah-Palin-8-400.jpg

Palin: Americans Will Get 'Mugged By Reality' When Employer Mandate Hits

On Tuesday, Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Americans, including liberals who relied on Obama's false promises on healthcare, will be "mugged by reality" when the employer mandate hits next year and nearly 80 million more Americans will lose their insurance plans. She said the country has seen "nuthin' yet" when it comes to the damage Obamacare will do.

Palin slammed the media for ignoring Obama's intention to move America to a socialized health care system and urged Americans to elect and support candidates who will fight for patient-centered, free-market reforms.

Palin said the Obama administration's claim that “30 million MORE people will be covered by Obamacare" is as credible a promise as Obama's “if you like your health care plan you can keep your health care plan" line.

"Obamacare is presently hitting people who buy insurance on the individual market because they may not receive health coverage through their employers. It’s hurting millions! But you ain’t seen nuthin' yet," she wrote. "Just wait until the Obamacare employer mandate kicks in next year. As I told Fox News Sunday, despite what the White House and media report, tens of millions more Americans are set to lose their employer provided insurance plans. The ramifications of this WILL fundamentally transform America."

"Companies that provide health insurance plans that aren’t compliant with new burdensome Obamacare mandates will obviously decide it’s cheaper to dump employees into the government-run Obamacare exchanges and pay the penalty than try to provide an expensive Obamacare-approved plan," Palin wrote. "No one in America will be left unscathed by Obamacare. Please trust me on this."

Read more of what this national treasure had to say in the link above~

Halfway intelligent republicans, including McCain, were mugged with reality the first time they heard Palin speak.

Yea when McCain first introduced her and she made her big speech at the convention she boosted his poll numbers past Obama's and the liberals and media went into a panic. Since they couldn't find any dirt on her after 100 reporters/operatives were sent to Alaska, they decided to make up shit about her and her family while twisting the facts of her actual record as governor that garnished her a 90% approval rating by the citizens of Alaska. The truth is that she has actual executive experience in dealings with budgets, fiscal reforms, energy, conservation and healthcare. Obama had exactly zero experience at being a executive and now we are paying the price because you liberals elected him over style rather than substance.

She boosted McCains numbers? This is telling about the republican base. The Palins and the Santorums that sleeps with fetuses are the normal. Still, McCain was irked that she hadn't been vetted or he wouldn't have touched her with a ten foot pole unlike what you've been told. Being a democrat though I welcome her. She's good entertainment and good advertising for what range the average republican's IQ is in.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back