Sarah Palin being considered for Secretary of Veterans Affairs

That this topic has 350 posts is a tribute to just how many of you have too much time on your hands and nothing of interest beyond this...

Get real. VA Secretary. That is hardly AG or SoState...

Right. It's way more important than either if you are a disabled veteran.

[
What precisely did we "filthy fucks" do aside from frame a cohesive argument and expose those with inadequate vocabularies such as yourself? Did we embarrass Sarah Palin? Did you complain that Barack Obama was not fully vetted by the press? Did we expose her to a heated situation requiring quick, effective executive decisions? Did we not adequately prepare her to answer pertinent questions?

Your kidding, you're going to try the "who me" lie?

Look, you're stupid, you have to know this. This is why you're a democrat, you lack the intellect to examine the facts of a situation and draw a reasoned conclusion.

Because you are a democrat, I will assume that you have virtually no knowledge of recent history. Some think that the Nazis and Goebbels were the most vile demagogues of our time, but that isn't true. Oh to be sure, they were scum. But the worst of the worst were the Khmer Rouge under Pol Pot. They declared war on knowledge. In pursuing this war, the Communist agents would do things like accuse college professors of molesting students based on nothing other than the desire to slander them - just as you democrats have done to Palin. The Khmer Rouge would hire thugs to rape the wives and children of doctors and dentists, similar to how you democrats went on national TV and suggested that Palin's 14 year old daughter Willow be raped by Alex Rodriguez. Pol Pot would have his agents stalk professionals night and day, spy on them in their homes to intimidate them, just like you democrats did by putting Creepy Stalker Joe McGinnis next door to Palin.

It was this vicious and prolonged war that you animals waged on this woman that made me understand, you ARE the Khmer Rouge, there is NO difference between you Soros fucks and those who followed Pol Pot.
You really are as fucking stupid is your posts make you appear. It's not an illusion like objects appearing smaller than they are in a mirror. No one said Palin's 14 year old daughter should be raped by anyone. You're talking about a failed David Letterman joke where he was talking about her older daughter Bristol, who he thought attended a baseball game with her mom. He apologized when informed it was Palin's younger daughter, and not Bristol, who was at the game.
Na, not really. Progressives always want the worst to happen to those they disagree with. It's in their DNA.fact

And the causes for the economic collapse began before the even stepped into office. The 110th Congress had nothing to do with great recession.

That is a moronic claim, despite the kernel of truth to it. To be sure, our doom was set when we comoditized residential mortgage backed securities, coupled with mandates to grant loans to unqualified buyers based on racial quotas (before you lie, I will remind you that Janet Reno was the first AG to ever file civil suit and did so to force greater CRA compliance.) CRMBS took the direct risk out of making bad loans, giving rise to insane ARM's and the "liars loan" programs. Hey, want a a million dollar home, but have no income? No problem, tell em' Bill Clinton sent you.

I'll be happy to discuss the foundation causes of the housing collapse with you. You can grab Toro if you like, I will happily admit he is the one person on the board with greater knowledge of the situation than I. But then, you won't find much support for your false dialogue...
I'm amazed there are retards who still blame the CRA for the economic collapse.

<smh>

Another subject you are fully out of your depth on.

I blame MBS, specifically CRMBS. That you are a hack with little to no grasp of the actual subject is why you jumped on CRA as the cause, rather than a factor. CRA is causative only in an incidental way. Clinton and Reno took to suing lending institutions that failed to meet the racial quotas set by the administration. That did not cause the housing bubble. What it did was sent the banksters scrambling for a way to make money on it. I make a distinction between MBS and CRMBS as anyone with a grasp of finance must. Mortgage backed securities have been around since the 60's. But these were based on COMMERCIAL property. The fact is the MBS was based on well secured paper. What changes was the bundling of RESIDENTIAL property into MBS packages, particularly intertrancheon securities. This masked the risk and allowed banks to make utterly absurd loans.

Liberals hold onto their grudges and hate tighter than any other group on the planet.

Examples:
1. Liberals have NEVER gotten over 'Florida'.
Losing that election drove them bat-shit crazyand created a hatred for George Bush that will never be be sated.

2. Sarah Palin was the hand-picked VP for Presidential candidate John McCain. A governor for one of if not the largest states in the country, she controlled her own budget, her own military troops, etc - she was more qualified to tun for PRESIDENT than 1/2 a term Senator and Community organizer Barak Obama when he 1st ran.

This fact made Palin a threat to Obama and made liberals rabidly attack her. Interestingly enough it has been closer to a decade since she ran on McCain's ticket, and the liberals' hatred for the woman has not ebbed.

Their hatred and ability to hold a grudge knows NO bounds or limits of time.

It's truly amazing.

[
And the causes for the economic collapse began before the even stepped into office. The 110th Congress had nothing to do with great recession.

That is a moronic claim, despite the kernel of truth to it. To be sure, our doom was set when we comoditized residential mortgage backed securities, coupled with mandates to grant loans to unqualified buyers based on racial quotas (before you lie, I will remind you that Janet Reno was the first AG to ever file civil suit and did so to force greater CRA compliance.) CRMBS took the direct risk out of making bad loans, giving rise to insane ARM's and the "liars loan" programs. Hey, want a a million dollar home, but have no income? No problem, tell em' Bill Clinton sent you.

I'll be happy to discuss the foundation causes of the housing collapse with you. You can grab Toro if you like, I will happily admit he is the one person on the board with greater knowledge of the situation than I. But then, you won't find much support for your false dialogue...
Yet another dumbass whiner who blames the CRA.

You have ZERO clue what the CRA did. The CRA said that in the institutions neighborhood, if a person who might not have enough for a traditional mortgage, they reduce the terms by lowering the rate or downpayment. But the people stlll had to show they could pay back the loan. The CRA did not force banks to loan money to those who could not pay it back.

The real problem had nothing to do with the CRA but rather mortgage sellers making sales to people they knew could not pay it back because they sold those mortgages to investment companies who rolled them up in mortgage based securities & then paid money for a triple A rating.

All made possible through the deregulation pushed by Republicans.

I saw it earlier on MSNBC. How do veterans feel about that possibility? So far, this is the only link I've found:

The Immoral Minority: Reports say that Sarah Palin is under consideration to join Trump's cabinet as the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs. Update!
I think she would have the vet's best interests at heart even though I have reservations about her executive skills.

What I find most amusing about this thread are all the anti-military, non-veteran LWLs who are commenting against Palin.
So your orange buddy trashing Vets & Generals was OK with you. Good to know.

Why does the left question Palin's ability to run Veteran's Affairs? Do they think she is not appreciative of the sacrifices that Veterans made? Do they think she is unable to handle the bureaucracy that comes with the job or do lefties just freaking hate her? It should be noted that the left wanted a woman who never had a real job that wasn't arranged by her crooked politician husband to run the whole freaking Country.
Palin screwed over someone for every position she ever had. When elected Governor, she gave important State posts to her high school friends.

Alaska gets over 85% of it's income from the Federal Government. Wow, a really tough State to run.

She never moved to the State Capitol in the Governor's mansion. Instead she stayed local & charged the State for expenses for doing so. She hid government e-mails by using her Yahoo account OMG OMG OMG.

She QUIT her commitment to be Governor so she could make money by having her own TV show.

And she is ignorant, uninformed & not that bright.

That's ok :itsok: I understand how painful it is to righties when the economy improves with a Democrat in the White House.
Considering the fact that Democrats intentionally ruined the economy 10 years ago and we should be doing better.....I really don't see what you have to brag about after 8 years of poor growth and stagnant wages which doesn’t indicate a good ecomony. Not one time during Obama's administration did we go over 3%. Most of the time it was just above negative growth or at best 1.5% growth. That is why interest rates have been bottomed out......to keep from causing another recession.
You know you're insane, right? Democrats didn't control any part of government ten years ago. :cuckoo:

The Democrats were in control of the House and Senate beginning in January 2007--that was 10 years ago short a little less than two months. They retained that power until 2011 when the House returned to a GOP majority and 2015 when the Senate returned to a GOP majority.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but the Democrats have NOT done a good job with the economy either in the last two years of the GWB Administration or for the past eight years.

And none of that has absolutely anything to do with whether Sarah Palin would make a good administrator of veteran affairs as she had absolutely nothing at all to do with the U.S. economy during any of that period.

Yes they did. They didn't create the problem--it had been developing since the Carter Administration--but President Bush sent Congress warnings 21--count them--21 times that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in serious trouble and that a housing bubble crisis was imminent. And the Democrats, most prominently Chris Dodd and Barney Frank, went before the cameras each time to say that those institutions were just fine and there was no problem. And the GOP did not have the committee chairmanships or votes to do anything.

Had Congress acted in early to mid 2007 to correct the problems, we might never have had the collapse of 2008 or it would have been much less severe.

I think even Sarah Palin would have seen that. Which makes her a better choice for the V.A. and able to recognize and correct problems than any of the Democrats who refused to act.
Oh bull crap. The Republicans had plenty of time between 1995 & through 2006. My God.
Republicans held committee chairs in both Houses from 2003 through 2006.

George W Bush wanted to put Freddie & Frannie under White House control & even the Republicans said no.

Housing started collapsing in 2006. The Bush recession started in 4th quarter of 2007.

But hey,. be as good little party lap dog & blame the Democrats for not stopping the Republicans.

Considering the fact that Democrats intentionally ruined the economy 10 years ago and we should be doing better.....I really don't see what you have to brag about after 8 years of poor growth and stagnant wages which doesn’t indicate a good ecomony. Not one time during Obama's administration did we go over 3%. Most of the time it was just above negative growth or at best 1.5% growth. That is why interest rates have been bottomed out......to keep from causing another recession.
You know you're insane, right? Democrats didn't control any part of government ten years ago. :cuckoo:

The Democrats were in control of the House and Senate beginning in January 2007--that was 10 years ago short a little less than two months. They retained that power until 2011 when the House returned to a GOP majority and 2015 when the Senate returned to a GOP majority.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but the Democrats have NOT done a good job with the economy either in the last two years of the GWB Administration or for the past eight years.

And none of that has absolutely anything to do with whether Sarah Palin would make a good administrator of veteran affairs as she had absolutely nothing at all to do with the U.S. economy during any of that period.

Yes they did. They didn't create the problem--it had been developing since the Carter Administration--but President Bush sent Congress warnings 21--count them--21 times that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in serious trouble and that a housing bubble crisis was imminent. And the Democrats, most prominently Chris Dodd and Barney Frank, went before the cameras each time to say that those institutions were just fine and there was no problem. And the GOP did not have the committee chairmanships or votes to do anything.

Had Congress acted in early to mid 2007 to correct the problems, we might never have had the collapse of 2008 or it would have been much less severe.

I think even Sarah Palin would have seen that. Which makes her a better choice for the V.A. and able to recognize and correct problems than any of the Democrats who refused to act.
Oh bull crap. The Republicans had plenty of time between 1995 & through 2006. My God.

George W Bush wanted to put Freddie & Frannie under White House control & even the Republicans said no.

Housing started collapsing in 2006. The Bush recession started in 4th quarter of 2007.

But hey,. be as good little party lap dog & blame the Democrats for not stopping the Republicans.

And another point went sailing right over another uber partisan head.

[

Yet another dumbass whiner who blames the CRA.

You have ZERO clue what the CRA did. The CRA said that in the institutions neighborhood, if a person who might not have enough for a traditional mortgage, they reduce the terms by lowering the rate or downpayment. But the people stlll had to show they could pay back the loan. The CRA did not force banks to loan money to those who could not pay it back.

The real problem had nothing to do with the CRA but rather mortgage sellers making sales to people they knew could not pay it back because they sold those mortgages to investment companies who rolled them up in mortgage based securities & then paid money for a triple A rating.

All made possible through the deregulation pushed by Republicans.

YAWN

Did Janet Reno sue Countrywide in 1998? Was it because Countrywide failed to meet racial goals in lending? Did this force the entire industry to lower requirements for obtaining residential mortgages?

You are a hack, but lies are not a substitute for knowledge, regardless of what the hate sites train you to say.

no worries ... the world will be laughing at right wingers for hundreds of years ..

Yeah, ok... I guess you missed the point where Democrats have the lowest numbers since the twenties?

- Minority control of Senate
- Minority control of the house
- Minority control of governorship's including state houses
- Lost the presidency
- Will not be able to appoint judicial activists to the courts for possibly a decade or better

Yeah.... run with that.
The best thing about that....next 2-4 years is all on you guys.

Exactly. In some way, all we have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. They'll destroy the GOP from the inside, along with completely and totally dividing the nation. It's gonna be an absolute trainwreck....brace yourselves....

Talk's cheap ---- have a seat. Let the adults straighten out this mess you guys have made.
Mess??

Is that the message bouncing around the echo chamber? 4.9% unemployment? 72 consecutive months of job growth? Record high stock market? That's what rightwingnuts think is a "mess?"

Figures don't lie, but liars figure ....

Yeah, I'm talking about the big fucking mess made of this country by liberals so intent on increasing their power base, and inculcating their demands on the people.

If you like, I'll be more than happy to discuss the "numbers" ....

Trump needs to get a contract from Sarah, in order to keep her from quitting after she realizes that she will be given a basement office in the Pentagon, with no chance of getting richer.

Figures don't lie, but liars figure ....

Yeah, I'm talking about the big fucking mess made of this country by liberals so intent on increasing their power base, and inculcating their demands on the people.

If you like, I'll be more than happy to discuss the "numbers" ....

Leftists are stupid.

In the case of RealDave, astoundingly stupid. The housing bubble did not burst because of loans to minorities and no one ever said it was the reason. What CRA did was act as a catalyst for the banksters to get creative with their fraud. It was yuppies taking million dollar loans on 40K salaries that defaulted in large numbers. CRA simply created the incentive to comoditize residential mortgages. Collatoralized debt obligations were the vehicle to package these toxic assets and sell them on the market. Greed by the banksters created and burst the bubble, the CRA was just the spark that lit the fuse.

Agent Orange naming Palin would be an insult to vets. What else should we expect from a person who trashed POWs. Wll POWs be alowd at the VA under Trump? Will they have to use the back door?

Donald Trump said POWs were not heroes. Trump, a man who never served had the balls to trash John McCain & you whiny fucks love him.

You don't know what you're talking about. bedwetter
:lmao:

Nice try but we are talking about the man for whom you voted. Why did you support such a person that trashed POWs?

A man who never served & never cared about the military who trashed our Generals when he claimed he knew more about ISIS than they did. He might as well screamed " Our military is stupid".

You petend patriots make me sick.

Simple truth: Being a POW doesn't make a person a hero and some Generals (like other politicians) are very very stupid. Stating simple truth is not "trashing" anybody. Another simple truth is that anyone who would appoint John Kerry to any government position is going to earn the scorn of veterans and active military. Also someone needs to make Hillary aware that children throwing flowers is not actual sniper fire.

Another POW basher & calling the military stupid all to defend their orange buddy. John Kerry served, he volunteered for dangerous duty in Vietnam. Kerry is a prime example of how asshats like you trash veterans. And Clinton landed under the threat of sniper fire.

John McCain flew dangerous missions over enemy territory under enemy fire & you & your orange fuckhead buddy claim that he is not a hero. WOW.

I'm a veteran ...

John Kerry, on the other hand, doesn't deserve the title of veteran. He is, and was, a self serving egotist focused only on enhancing his own career while willingly, and intentionally, sacrificing his men in order to forward his career goals.

He is an embarrassment to the veteran community.

Trump needs to get a contract from Sarah, in order to keep her from quitting after she realizes that she will be given a basement office in the Pentagon, with no chance of getting richer.

You need to get material from somewhere other than ThinkProgress.

Boring and stupid is no way to win over the audience..
Nor is displaying naked contempt for it, but I don't see democrats figuring that out any time soon.

how many of those are part time? how many are illegals? How many are minimum wage?
How many under Bush were part time? How many under Bush were illegal How many under Bush were minimum wage.

You assholes have an excuse for everything. Obama started with an ecomony losing 800,000 jobs a month & shrinking at a rate of 6.2%.

Your buddy Bush started with a balanced budget on the path to paying down the debt & left with an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month & shrinking at a rate of 6.2%.

Eat that, asswipe.

when did I ever say that Bush was a great president? eat that asswipe.

the facts are that Bush screwed up and Obama made his screw ups worse.
Unemployment:

Bush ..... 4.2% to 7.8% (+86%)
Obama .. 7.8% to 4.9% (-37%)

Dow:

Bush ..... 10.6K to 8.3K (-22%)
Obama .... 8.3K to 19.2K (+132%)

Lying Redfish calls that worse under Obama.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I already explained how they no longer count people who have given up looking for work in the unemployment numbers.

Liar = you
Your "explanation" is a lie since they didn't count those people when Clinton was president or when Bush was president. Nothing changed in that regard during Obama's presidency.

I am still waiting for you to tell us which specific obozo policies CAUSED the market rally.
The same policies rightwingnuts offer as the reason for the rise in the stock market since the election.

U.S. changes how it measures long-term unemployment - USATODAY.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/unemployment-rate-wrong_n_3619152.html

Note the date on the articles - compare that date to the change in the unemployment rate on the charts you posted.

Quite a coincidence, huh?

The housing collapse started thanks to regulations the Dems forced down Congress's throat that allowed people (blacks) with poor credit to buy a home with no money down and no income to speak of. So groups like ACORN got people into homes they couldn't afford and they never made one payment.....they trashed the place and walked away from the mortgage leaving it to the bank. 100,000 of those and the housing market crashes.

Don't give me any shit about it, because I know people that did that.....one of them walked away owing me $42,000.00.

Last edited:
So your orange buddy trashing Vets & Generals was OK with you. Good to know.
Who are you claiming is my "orange buddy"? Do you often take wild leaps into the dark or are you just on some form of "medication"? Too much of Grandma's rheumatiz medicine?

granny-clampett-rheumatism-medicine-aka-moonshine.jpg

Forum List

Back