Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

OK, since Oreo won't answer the question, maybe someone else will. Why do you think she resigned?

1)Do you think she resigned to take care of her family? Be a stay at home mom?

2) Or do you think she did it to take a different career path, ala talk show, book tour. etc.?

3) Or, do you think she did it because she has another political aspiration up her sleeve?

Since I identify with her so much (heh) the ONLY possible reason is my worst fear - family. I sure hope that's not the reason because we really need her.

The Clintons were attacked, but their families were left out. not so with palin.

Honestly elvis, Sarah IS THE ONE that brought her kids in to it, on the road with her....she brought her out of wedlock expectant daughter in to the limelight, she brought her down syndrome child in to it, pulled her husband in to it and the rest of her family via her run....they were put out there as ''part of her run'', what made her, as a person....

George Bush and Laura, said from the beginning, the daughters are off limits....so did clintons.... they did not use their kids as part of their ''whole story'' as she did....

regardless, i am NOT saying family bashing... or wife or husband bashing, of a politician is all fair game....I think it is just horrible, and i hate it!

care
and the clintons took their daughter with them too
failed point

Palin didnt use her kids to campaign, they went with her just like for ANY politician
to claim otherwise is a blatent lie

And Chelsea was bashed somewhat...alot on her looks and how ugly she was and be honest, if Chelsea got pregnant out of wedlock, the press and the Right would have been all over her, same with either of the Bush twins if they were pregnant out of wedlock and with the mother of the boy father arrested for drug dealing of Meth....come on!!!

I am not a liar Dive, and YOU know it!

Last edited:
Honestly elvis, Sarah IS THE ONE that brought her kids in to it, on the road with her....she brought her out of wedlock expectant daughter in to the limelight, she brought her down syndrome child in to it, pulled her husband in to it and the rest of her family via her run....they were put out there as ''part of her run'', what made her, as a person....

George Bush and Laura, said from the beginning, the daughters are off limits....so did clintons.... they did not use their kids as part of their ''whole story'' as she did....

regardless, i am NOT saying family bashing... or wife or husband bashing, of a politician is all fair game....I think it is just horrible, and i hate it!

care
failed point

Palin didnt use her kids to campaign, they went with her just like for ANY politician

And Chelsea was bashed somewhat...alot on her looks and how ugly she was and be honest, if Chelsea got pregnant out of wedlock, the press and the Right would have been all over her, same with either of the Bush twins if they were pregnant out of wedlock and with the mother of the boy father arrested for drug dealing of Meth....come on!!!

The press is the scum of the earth. I don't remember people in the press going after chelsea. I remember republicans in general outside of television going after her.

We'll find out why she resigned at some point but she so didn't have an explanation for all of this in her comments today. Nobody knew what the hell she was talking about except that she was taking one for the team.

What the hell? She could have finished her term ignoring the press after announcing that she wouldn't seek a second term.

Question is, why is she quitting now?

OK, since Oreo won't answer the question, maybe someone else will. Why do you think she resigned?

2) Or do you think she did it to take a different career path, ala talk show, book tour. etc.?

3) Or, do you think she did it because she has another political aspiration up her sleeve?

I think there is no chance in France that her resignation is ANYTHING but a sign that she is going to run for President.

You know.......I always kinda thought that when the going got rough, Pain in the ass Palin would fold.

This? It's just proof.

How did I figure that out? Simple.........she's a pampered Prom Queen who has always been catered to, and, because nobody would stand up to her, she thought that she had absolute power. I mean.....she's had it all through high school.

When she got in the national media? She didn't have anything to control it with, as instead of being a big fish in a little pond, she's now swimming in the ocean with sharks. She didn't have the brains, the knowledge, nor the wisdom to handle things, as she thought she knew them all.

I hope she just fades off of the national stage already.........I'm tired of the bitch from Alaska.

And she hasn't had to put up with anything like our hero President Obama has had to stand up to, being the media darling such as she is.:razz:

Yeah it's so hard to cope with a media that actively suppresses hurtful stories about you and your past.

What's a poor messiah to do?

If the economy is going that badly and the dems think Palin will beat Obama, wouldn't they be inclined to nominate Hillary over Obama?

she's not going to be a stay at home, but i think wanting to spend more time w/ her faimly is part of it.
she's going to be a millionaire one way or the other-maybe she'll keep hand in politics.

no loss if she doesn't, imo.

she's not going to be a stay at home, but i think wanting to spend more time w/ her faimly is part of it.
she's going to be a millionaire one way or the other-maybe she'll keep hand in politics.

Well, if it's to spend more time with her family, which I admire, then that's great. If it's to run for President, then I doubt she'll get to spend much time with her family for a long time, eh?

The Clintons were attacked, but their families were left out. not so with palin.

care

i don't see why the fact she brought her kids into it makes them fair game. Even the mafia leaves family out.

Maybe you can answer something about this:

What constitutes an "attack"?

Well, if it's too spend more time with her family, which I admire, then that's great. If it's to run for President, then I doubt she'll get to spend much time with her family for a long time, eh?

Why would she quit to run for President when she only has two years left as Gov, and 4 years until the next Pres election?

Is her learning curve THAT steep?

care
failed point

what you are repeating is a lie

Well, if it's too spend more time with her family, which I admire, then that's great. If it's to run for President, then I doubt she'll get to spend much time with her family for a long time, eh?

Why would she quit to run for President when she only has two years left as Gov, and 4 years until the next Pres election?

Is her learning curve THAT steep?

In some ways, I think the honest answer is yes.

Plus, of course, serving as Governor will require a significant expenditure of time WITHIN the State. She might need to get herself more fully acquainted with the rest of the Nation and the World.

Since this would be a kind of dereliction of her duties as Alaska's Chief Executive, I believe it is more honorable to just resign, instead.

they are scared shitless and they should be. 73% of Americans identify with her. Guess what, she will be campaigning for conservtive candidates 2010 and she will run for president in 2012 and win hands down.

No more of this Harvard bullshit educated lawyer that's running this country into the ground, people are waking up to this.

Collin Powell, an Obama supporter, has changed his mind. He has done a 180. He does not beleive in big government. CNN today.

She is the new Ronald Reagan, you libs and moderate anything better get used to it. She will kick ass and take names later.

The draw she attracks for anything that she attends supercedes your darling Obama.

Even if Pres. Obama's popularity goes into freefall by 2012, the great GOP hope ain't gonna be Sarah....

...although I wish the GOP leadership would think that. They're too smart, though.

If the economy is going that badly and the dems think Palin will beat Obama, wouldn't they be inclined to nominate Hillary over Obama?

has this been done? where a sitting president does not get the nomination for 2nd term?

i truly never paid attention to politics or sadly, even voted regularly, until 2000 (and was much happier i might add that ignorance was bliss) and skipped American History in high school....took World History instead....:(

care

has this been done? where a sitting president does not get the nomination for 2nd term?

i truly never paid attention to politics or sadly, even voted regularly, until 2000 (and was much happier i might add that ignorance was bliss) and skipped American History in high school....took World History instead....:(

care

As far as I know, it hasn't. The closest in recent history was when Teddy Kennedy gave Carter a run in 1980. The nomination of the incumbent is almost a formality.

elvis' dream.

Not going to happen.

Obama is going to do well and so is the economy.

Well, if it's to spend more time with her family, which I admire, then that's great. If it's to run for President, then I doubt she'll get to spend much time with her family for a long time, eh?

not at all. but she can "run" on her own schedule and pick up bucks giving speeches and still spend time w/her family if she wants.

Forum List

Back