'Satan first to demand equal rights'

Tennessee church sign: ‘Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights’
FacebookTwitterMore

Sign in front of the Knoxville Baptist Tabernacle Church (Facebook)

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

A Tennessee pastor said this week that his church was “not trying to offend anyone” when it put up a sign linking “equal rights” to Satan.

Members of the community expressed outrage ..... The sign read, “Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights.”

“Who was your target audience? .....Knoxville resident Rick Staples, asked, according to WBIR. “And when you say you’re asking for your equal rights, who’s asking for their equal rights and who are you comparing to Satan? That was very strong language.”

Andy Henry said that the church was trying to make a statement about gay rights.

“It’s clearly a sign that was meant to offend a particular community – the LGBT community. Because of (the church’s) lack of foresight, they ended up offending everybody who had ever fought for equality or civil rights in general,” Henry observed.

But Pastor Tony Greene insisted that everyone misunderstood the message.

“Our sign referencing Satan demanding his equal rights to ascend into the heavens and be God was simply ‘I’ and all about that individual,” Greene told WATE. “It was not a statement against any one group in particular, you know what about the rights of the unborn babies, the rights of children, the rights of everyone?”

He added: “My heart breaks in the dividedness of our country.”

On Monday, the sign was changed to read, “Glad you reading, did not intend to offend, we all need Christ.”

Disgusting and transparent but the good news is the community objected to comparing women and gays to satan.

Actually no. The first to demand equal rights, quite literally too, was Lilith. First wife of Adam according to Jewish folklore. Not wanting to be completely subserviant to Adam's sexual needs she demanded to be treated as his equal (God having created her from the dust of the earth just as He did Adam, as opposed to FROM Adam.) Adam whined and bitched, and an angel of the Lord came to demand she do as Adam says. She refused, was cursed and expelled from the Garden becomming a demon. Then God made Eve from Adam's own body to be subserviant to him.

I was taught a slightly different yet very similar version.

That it was as you said, Lilith refused to be anything less than an equal to Adam (especially during sex), and when she concluded that he would not treat her as such, she went away from him and screamed out the most sacred name of God/ YHWH, and experienced an Apotheosis of sorts. She became a demon and escaped Eden using her newfound powers... through her own free Will.

When Adam learned of this, he begged God/ YHWH to return Lilith to him. God sent three Angels after her, and they found Lilith on Earth hovering over the Red Sea all badass like. They gave her a chance to return to Eden, and when she refused, they cursed her.

Since Lilith was a lost cause for Adam, God created Eve from Adam, and she became the subservient wife that Adam had always wanted.

Epic story either way you look at it.

FacebookTwitterMore

A Tennessee pastor said this week that his church was “not trying to offend anyone” when it put up a sign linking “equal rights” to Satan.

Members of the community expressed outrage ..... The sign read, “Remember, Satan was the first to demand equal rights.”

“Who was your target audience? .....Knoxville resident Rick Staples, asked, according to WBIR. “And when you say you’re asking for your equal rights, who’s asking for their equal rights and who are you comparing to Satan? That was very strong language.”

Andy Henry said that the church was trying to make a statement about gay rights.

“It’s clearly a sign that was meant to offend a particular community – the LGBT community. Because of (the church’s) lack of foresight, they ended up offending everybody who had ever fought for equality or civil rights in general,” Henry observed.

“Our sign referencing Satan demanding his equal rights to ascend into the heavens and be God was simply ‘I’ and all about that individual,” Greene told WATE. “It was not a statement against any one group in particular, you know what about the rights of the unborn babies, the rights of children, the rights of everyone?”

On Monday, the sign was changed to read, “Glad you reading, did not intend to offend, we all need Christ.”

Disgusting and transparent but the good news is the community objected to comparing women and gays to satan.

Actually no. The first to demand equal rights, quite literally too, was Lilith. First wife of Adam according to Jewish folklore. Not wanting to be completely subserviant to Adam's sexual needs she demanded to be treated as his equal (God having created her from the dust of the earth just as He did Adam, as opposed to FROM Adam.) Adam whined and bitched, and an angel of the Lord came to demand she do as Adam says. She refused, was cursed and expelled from the Garden becomming a demon. Then God made Eve from Adam's own body to be subserviant to him.

That it was as you said, Lilith refused to be anything less than an equal to Adam (especially during sex), and when she concluded that he would not treat her as such, she went away from him and screamed out the most sacred name of God/ YHWH, and experienced an Apotheosis of sorts. She became a demon and escaped Eden using her newfound powers... through her own free Will.

When Adam learned of this, he begged God/ YHWH to return Lilith to him. God sent three Angels after her, and they found Lilith on Earth hovering over the Red Sea all badass like. They gave her a chance to return to Eden, and when she refused, they cursed her.

Since Lilith was a lost cause for Adam, God created Eve from Adam, and she became the subservient wife that Adam had always wanted.

You're right. Mine was the short 'folklore for dummies' version. :)

Lilith

More complete version here.

Doesn't really matter if it was Lilith or Satan who wanted equal rights first, they were both denied them by God ergo God has never been responsible for "giving" us our rights.

God would never allow freedom of speech, he wouldn't endorse freedom of/from religion either. He would confiscate all guns because they violate the don't kill commandment and he he would be opposed to privacy too.

Equal rights the way you loons conceive of it doesn't exist in nature, nor under God.

The definition of "equal rights" isn't "You must give anything that queers, criminals and ne'er do wells anything they ask for".

You're welcome.
Is it a crime to merely be a homosexual? Why are you lumping criminals and those pesky ne'er do wells in with folks who are not criminal?

Why is it always so difficult for Conservatives to favor equal rights? The Conservatives claim to love America and our constitution. But they never seem willing to demonstrate either a love for fellow Americans or a knowl;edge of that constitution they claim to revere so much.

FacebookTwitterMore

If people don't believe in equal rights, they don't deserve to live in a free country. They can get the f~ck out any time.

Equal rights the way you loons conceive of it doesn't exist in nature, nor under God.

The definition of "equal rights" isn't "You must give anything that queers, criminals and ne'er do wells anything they ask for".

You're welcome.

And I'm sure that when they ask for a coat, Christians give them their tunic also, because there is no hypocrisy among y'all, right :p

You're welcome.

And I'm sure that when they ask for a coat, Christians give them their tunic also, because there is no hypocrisy among y'all, right :p

I have no problem with giving them a coat.
But don't force me to attend their sacrilegious unification ceremonies that they pretend are *weddings*. A wedding is a sacrament, and it's my right to refuse to participate in ceremonies I think are an affront to God.

You're welcome.

But don't force me to attend their sacrilegious unification ceremonies that they pretend are *weddings*. A wedding is a sacrament, and it's my right to refuse to participate in ceremonies I think are an affront to God.

Sounds like an opportunity to be the salt and light in the temporal world, but if straining gnats is more important....

You're welcome.

Sounds like an opportunity to be the salt and light in the temporal world, but if straining gnats is more important....

Some people have a problem separating church and state.

I'm not one of them. The state has no right to dictate what is *religious* and what isn't, not does the state have the authority to force people to commit sacrilege in order to operate in the business world.

THAT'S what separation of church and state means.

You're welcome.

Holy matrimony is a sacrament. A wedding is a contract.

You're welcome.

I'm not one of them. The state has no right to dictate what is *religious* and what isn't, not does the state have the authority to force people to commit sacrilege in order to operate in the business world.

Ironic coming from someone who cannot separate holy matrimony from a state wedding contract.

FacebookTwitterMore

Are you attempting to make a point with the above? It seems that the tales and fables surrounding the the christian version of gawds indicates a chronic pattern of contentious relations between those gawds and their "creation". The tales read like a clinical case of a parent who is wholly unable and unprepared for the responsibilities of parenthood.

What we're left with is the gawds being the creator of all ultimately makes them responsible for all. The particular, partisan version of the christian gawds includes a nasty and capricious nature which will kill people via myriad ways because "their" creation is a disappointment to them.

You're welcome.

So, I take it you have never attended the remarriage of a divorced person?

You're welcome.

Ironic coming from someone who cannot separate holy matrimony from a state wedding contract.

It's is very ironic, given that church-solemnized marriage was mostly reserved for the aristocracy prior to the 18th Century.

Crackpot Doom Scandal Traditional Marriage

It's is very ironic, given that church-solemnized marriage was mostly reserved for the aristocracy prior to the 18th Century.

And let's not forget that those church endorsed marriages for the aristocracy were all too often merely contracts of convenience that exchanged considerable wealth and power while having absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with love.

Lilith-
People have a form of Lilith from mythology not The Torah or oral traditions of the sages. This is because they confused Liliam and Lilly in future accts which was demonic to Solomon, but not the same figure in the Genesis. Lilith was the Night Spector.
We know Adam and Eve aren't literal first inhabitants, they are symbols in a story representing something.
You won't see that message if you don't have the key, that being understanding where the message comes from and it's purpose. You all see the messahes coming from the past to warn the future forgeting Heaven is the perfected kingdom to come thus Future which is warning the past. You don't notice these things because you think of time in a linear sence when the message is from the non linear capability advanced future. You were given clues when the OT said in Isaiah, the begining is at the end. Now read Genesis representing warnings to man from those who know where we mess up.

Zohar has something similar to the story of Lilith:
The lesser light is the hosts which reflect G-d’s light and the moon itself is the eternal Davidic Kingdom which in the Talmud is represented by the moon and as a woman=Israel.
Notice the Zohar uses the same bases of the Lilith story .
God then said "Go thy way forth in the footsteps of the flock." Thereupon she diminished herself so as to be head of the lower ranks. From that time she has had no light of her own, but derives her light from the sun. At first they were on an equality, but afterwards she diminished herself among all those grades of hers, although she is still head of them; for a woman enjoys no honour save in conjunction with her husband.
(Notice this remembering sea=Rome):
The Holy One, blessed be He, removed her from them and made her go below. When He created Adam
(meaning man)and gave him a partner, as soon as she saw Eve (adam-mans second bride)clinging to his side and was reminded by his form of the supernal beauty, she flew up from thence and tried as before to attach herself to the "little faces". The supernal guardians of the gates, however, did not permit her. The Holy One, blessed be He, chid her and cast her into the depths of the sea (Rome), where she abode until the time that Adam and his wife sinned. Then the Holy One, blessed be He, brought her out from the depth of the sea (Rome) and gave her power over all those children.

More interesting emulations:
in reference to the stars=Hosts-
‘Lower earth, which derives light from them’ (the Hosts/stars=messengers)
which send it from the upper level (perfected earth called heaven)
Where does the scripture come from? Heaven (world to come aka future kingdom)Therefore the word is there to warn us of our path in order to bring Heaven down to earth (future perfection kingdom closer in time)
The tree of Life is considered the deeper aspect of the Torah thus leaving us the tree of life to eat from means leaving the word to help guide us.
The forbidden tree that Eve (the second bride of man =The Church) partakes from is the one in the center of the Garden (which is described as ancient Iran according to Genesis 2:10-14)This is where the rivers converge, rivers are spiritual congregations/faiths in biblical meaning, thus the forbidden tree in the center is the converging of faiths all steming from Zoroasterianism which started in that region.
The deity of Mithra (mythology from ancient Iran), the sickly man on the cross, born of a virgin died then rose 3 days from a tomb predating Jesus is the forbidden image taken from that tree. Thus that image that walked the garden in Ezekiel 28 regarding the fallen false prophet. This converging and compiling mythologies and cultures is warned because it mixes both knowledge that is good and doctrines that are evil. When they eat of this and have the knowledge they will become like us means they will become like the hosts (kohanim/priests) who is the context of the "US" spoken of. They will become like G-d means they will take this forbidden compilation and make themselves a false temple and false hierarchy of hosts (cardinals and Bishops) and the Pope makes himself as a G-d just as the bible in Genesis did warn. Rome was famous for stealing people's deities by conquering them, telling them their deity no longer favored them, then set up a temple for that deity in their own territory claiming to be the new authority including setting up new books and new false doctrines. This is what they did with the deity Juno and what they did in destroying the Jerusalem Temple with stealing YHWH, claiming he was now in disfavor with the Jews they fooled people into believing they were now the authority and temple.They thus made themselves the new (impostor) Hosts and Pope set up as the new (impostor) father in heaven.
You see Adam means man and represents man in the deeper sense. EVE is not Adam's (man's) first wife (Israel or Jerusalem Temple-Lilith), thus she is the next bride (representing the church)thus the serpent (false prophet) convinced Eve to eat from his tree that she would not die (Jesus himself said such words)and Eve (church) convinced Adam (Man) to also stray and what fruit did they partake of, an APPLE? But Apples aren't indigenous and the fruit is not mentioned in the bible??Surely mankind has subconsciously revealed this forbidden fruit as 'A PAUL' who wrote 1/2-3/4 the NT and thus his forbidden fruit is revealed.

The word for naked in Genesis is liken to our term baring all. They were covering up their deception, hiding from being revealed.

But marriage was still considered a sacrament and even before the advent of Christianity, was recognized as a solemn and binding contract between male and female. It's the fact that the state got involved in the FIRST place that we're in such a bind now. The state should not define or dictate what a marriage is, it's a RELIGIOUS ceremony.

Satan didn't want equal rights. He wanted preeminence. So he was much like progressives in that matter, he pretends to be for equal rights when he wants to rule.

No one the progressive hand book rules for radicals is dedicated to him.

Personally, I prefer Christ who makes us joint heirs and partakers of the Divine nature.

Last edited:
All human beings deserve basic human rights...period.
... some other rights are debatable.

The sign is correct. =>

WRONG. Nobody DESERVES anything. Never have and never will. You EARN, or you TAKE what you want and need in life. Do not expect ANYTHING to be just GIVEN to you because you DESERVE it. DESERVING IT is the mentality of the low lifes, the welfare freaks and the worthless at the bottom rung of life.

Forum List

Back