Satanic Temple holds inaugural convention in Scottsdale

They embrace critical thinking. Maybe tipsy and michelle just take a lesson from them instead of wallowing in ignorance and lies.
To be fair most people - including people of faith - think they embrace critical thinking but what they really embrace is criticizing what they don't believe. Thank you, John Dewey.

To be fair most people - including people of faith - think they embrace critical thinking but what they really embrace is criticizing what they don't believe. Thank you, John Dewey.
They dont seem to really criticize the religion itself. Just the people. Hypocrisy and such.
I remember they made a very valid point. One that i have brought up multiple times.. How the religious get special rights because of the first, while they get rejected all the time.
Example : Christians getting out of vaccine mandates (in some state or locality. Cant remember where) because of the ingredients. That pissed me off because people like me couldnt get out of it. But if i profess i love jesus, I am good. lol

They dont seem to really criticize the religion itself. Just the people. Hypocrisy and such.
I remember they made a very valid point. One that i have brought up multiple times.. How the religious get special rights because of the first, while they get rejected all the time.
Example : Christians getting out of vaccine mandates (in some state or locality. Cant remember where) because of the ingredients. That pissed me off because people like me couldnt get out of it. But if i profess i love jesus, I am good. lol
Show me someone who hasn't been a hypocrite at least once in their life.

Still not a good reason for rival religions to attack each other.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Tipsycatlover I'll call them devil worshippers. They have joined a. Church that proclaims to worship it. The devil is tempting it makes sense to throw in actions to look good. But the king of liars mixes in Truths with lies to be confusing. These people's motives are to be disruptive and the atheists on the thread already don't like God or religion so their bias is to taunt and make fun of it. But I pray against it. I don't condone it. I don't condone devil worshippers or group dedicated to Satan, the devil, Lucifer or dedicated to a belief of embracing evil ideology. I dont buy what they are selling that they are good people doing good acts under the guise of Satan. Bullshit lies.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
They dont believe in satan.

Good lord man.

The Nine Satanic Statements​

by Anton Szandor LaVey
The Nine Satanic Statements originally appeared in The Satanic Bible, © 1969

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
  2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
  3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
  4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
  5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
  6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
  7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
  8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
  9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

JustAGuy1 the Satan con website has a frequently asked questions about rituals and they give suggestions like hold a blackmass , etc. It's on the Satan con website but I'm not home and can't post it. These people are worshipping the devil and evil and pretending it's all in fun to razz christians or other religious people. But they are in fact accepting all that comes along with that decision. You don't have to be a devil worshipper just to fight social justice. So choosing to do it willingly is really sad.

I'm always amused at the value placed on liberty by a nation whose economic base was enabled by chattel slavery.

It smells like......irony.
Whereas I'm always amazed at people who are ignorant of the fact that slavery was by far and away the single biggest point of contention at the time of founding.

Do you seriously believe that a large part of our country wasn't against slavery when the constitution was being drafted? It's not like this should be news to you, right?

Still not a good reason for rival religions to attack each other.
You sound like you think they need a good reason...
Whereas I'm always amazed at people who are ignorant of the fact that slavery was by far and away the single biggest point of contention at the time of founding.
And yet it was enabled and stayed for nearly one hundred years.

Oh, liberty!

Forum List

Back