School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races

If a white person did this the press would be all over that person in a second. We give the blacks too much and they demand too much: and they get it.

They are going to have their very own white kid meeting.

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

...Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves
The fact remains this was a assembly for Black kids to discuss what they felt in an environment that was tailored to get the best feedback without them feeling uncomfortable. They need to give the principal a medal for coming up with this idea.

I would tend to agree but now what will be the next step? How do we keep moving forward and address everyone's concerns and opinions?

You are correct, I don't read many of your posts.
You dont read much of anything it seems.

That is your worthless opinion.
You just showed everyone you dont read. Its a fact not opinion.

So, if a person doesn't read every post on the board, you don't read. Pretty stupid opinion, for a smart guy like you.
No one asked you to read every post. We do ask you research and form your own opinion. The fact you didnt find the link explaining what the principal was doing is proof you have an aversion to truth and reading.

Evidently you didn't read my post #106, stating my opinion. Shows you don't read.

If a white person did this the press would be all over that person in a second. We give the blacks too much and they demand too much: and they get it.

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

...Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves
The fact remains this was a assembly for Black kids to discuss what they felt in an environment that was tailored to get the best feedback without them feeling uncomfortable. They need to give the principal a medal for coming up with this idea.

I would tend to agree but now what will be the next step? How do we keep moving forward and address everyone's concerns and opinions?

..Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

You dont read much of anything it seems.

That is your worthless opinion.
You just showed everyone you dont read. Its a fact not opinion.

So, if a person doesn't read every post on the board, you don't read. Pretty stupid opinion, for a smart guy like you.
No one asked you to read every post. We do ask you research and form your own opinion. The fact you didnt find the link explaining what the principal was doing is proof you have an aversion to truth and reading.

Evidently you didn't read my post #106, stating my opinion. Shows you don't read.
I did read your post. Didnt you read my reply to it?

..Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
Not a bad idea if it is followed through, the Principal seems like a smart man.

Maybe if race leaders were open to dialogue a lot more would be solved, at this point the race leaders are more intent on dividing than uniting. IMHO

"blacks need to address the problems themselves"

then

"blacks wont let us address their problems for them waaaa"

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Racist! You guys cry racism then are the biggest racists. Idiot.
Like other idots I have had this discussion with, no....claiming the existence of racism is not racist. There are plenty of dictionaries that would back me on this.
Racist to agree that one group excludes another, ie the assembly, is the right thing to do. Racist!

then

Source the first quote

Then reword the second to state "whites need to be a part of the solution"

Then you can claim to be honest

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Racist! You guys cry racism then are the biggest racists. Idiot.
Like other idots I have had this discussion with, no....claiming the existence of racism is not racist. There are plenty of dictionaries that would back me on this.
Racist to agree that one group excludes another, ie the assembly, is the right thing to do. Racist!
Except thats not the definition of racism as you claimed. Dictionaries are free nowadays.

Maybe if race leaders were open to dialogue a lot more would be solved, at this point the race leaders are more intent on dividing than uniting. IMHO
Who are these mythical race leaders? Rush, Sharpton? I dont let people lead me. I form my own opinions as many other Black people do. If Black kids need a forum to discuss the issues they have to deal with then whites having a problem with it need to suck it up. When Blacks want to consult with whites about it we will do so.

then

Source the first quote

Why souce it? You arent denying it *shrug*

Whites dont need to be a part of the solution...if I said that I would be being DISHONEST

Who are these mythical race leaders? Rush, Sharpton? I dont let people lead me. I form my own opinions as many other Black people do. If Black kids need a forum to discuss the issues they have to deal with then whites having a problem with it need to suck it up. When Blacks want to consult with whites about it we will do so.

You are in charge, got it. No need to discuss anything with you than, saves a lot of time. I'll put you up there with shoot speeders and his group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

then

Source the first quote

Whites dont need to be a part of the solution...if I said that I would be being DISHONEST
What does the phrase "black lives matter" imply?
Apparently they must seem Not to matter to someone.
Would that 'someone' happen to be whites?
Why wouldn't whites be part of that solution?

You are in charge, got it. No need to discuss anything with you than, saves a lot of time. I'll put you up there with shoot speeders and his group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course we are in charge. What makes you think I would allow someone else to dictate when I discuss anything with them? If you feel that you need to put me with SS then thats ok with me. I understand that finding out that you are not the go to guy is a shock to your system and you need a way to rationalize it. You have my permission.

then

Source the first quote

What do you think?

Maybe

Could be

Because..

then

Source the first quote

What do you think?

Maybe

Could be

Because..
Absolutely fucking brilliant
:cuckoo:
THAT is why there is never a real discussion about racism

then

Source the first quote

Most people would know what that means.
Thats pretty much the implication
Its apparent its at least some whites.
Because you already have plenty of proof and yet you still deny it or make excuses for it.

You're assuming it is simply after public reaction.

No, I am not. Reaction was 'after the fact' as the article made clear. Perhaps more problematic is found on the OPRFHS site itself. The 'news' is dated the 3rd, though 'reaction' is made clear in last paragraph.

As a secondary educator I don't have a problem with 'targeted' assemblies per se, though school administrations generally do, as it creates problems for anyone excluded.

This is the first time I've seen 'affinity grouping' being a rationale in a publicly funded school setting or any school. I did try to find out if some new methodologies were introduced in the past few years, but find the applications were in business and one in college setting.

I'm not buying that you're a secondary educator. At all. Unless, I was standing next to the guy from the get go then I cannot state either way. Neither can you.

That's the article from the site:

Principal Rouse hosts Black Lives Matter discussion

Here is the strategic plan:
http://www.oprfhs.org/documents/2StrategicPlan_BOE_012314_FINAL.pdf

This was the focus last year at a widely publicized event:
http://www.summitforcourageousconversation.com/pdfs/SummitProgram.pdf

Affinity groups at Waterloo Schools
Student Affinity Groups

Here is one for Cambodian-American students:
http://www.arps.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=1129253

then

Source the first quote

Because you already have plenty of proof and yet you still deny it.
You contradictory pos.
Deny what proof?
I'm stating that whites need to be at the table but I'm being told by you idgits that we're not needed.

What?
You just want a circle jerk bitch session so you can whine about how whitey is keeping you down?
Fine.
Just don't do it on my tax dollars funded public school

then

Source the first quote

Because you already have plenty of proof and yet you still deny it.
You contradictory pos.
Deny what proof?
I'm stating that whites need to be at the table but I'm being told by you idgits that we're not needed.

What?
You just want a circle jerk bitch session so you can whine about how whitey is keeping you down?
Fine.
Just don't do it on my tax dollars funded public school
Where is the contradiction and why are you emotional?
Denial that racism is a large part of Black dysfunction in the US.
I dont really care that you think whites need to be at the table. You are not needed. What makes you think you are?
Whitey cant keep me down. What a dumb concept.

Forum List

Back