School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races

If a white person did this the press would be all over that person in a second. We give the blacks too much and they demand too much: and they get it.

They are going to have their very own white kid meeting.

If a white person did this the press would be all over that person in a second. We give the blacks too much and they demand too much: and they get it.
You dont give Blacks anything. You are not in a position to do that.

Why not an all black meeting, an all white meeting and then a joint meeting to help understand each other?

I just want to know how many people are going to bend over backwards to take shit out of context when the Asian kids have their super secret meeting.
Why not an all black meeting, an all white meeting and then a joint meeting to help understand each other?

Clearly, you did not read the link in the text and that which I pulled out for others to read.

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

What was the problem?

I just want to know how many people are going to bend over backwards to take shit out of context when the Asian kids have their super secret meeting.

Clearly, you did not read the link in the text and that which I pulled out for others to read.

You are correct, I don't read many of your posts.

You dont read much of anything it seems.

I'm ok with that. You could have read the article and the link provided within the text.

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

...Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

When I was in High School no blacks were even allowed to live in Moore, Ok....I bet the OP author would still like that to be the case....
When I moved to Rogers, Ar...in 1986, no blacks were allowed to live in Benton county....
When I moved to McDonald county, Mo., in 2001, no blacks were allowed to live here...

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

...Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

You're assuming it is simply after public reaction.

That is your worthless opinion.

The fact remains this was a assembly for Black kids to discuss what they felt in an environment that was tailored to get the best feedback without them feeling uncomfortable. They need to give the principal a medal for coming up with this idea.

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Racist! You guys cry racism then are the biggest racists. Idiot.

You just showed everyone you dont read. Its a fact not opinion.

Worthless being the key word.

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Racist! You guys cry racism then are the biggest racists. Idiot.
Like other idots I have had this discussion with, no....claiming the existence of racism is not racist. There are plenty of dictionaries that would back me on this.

So, if a person doesn't read every post on the board, you don't read. Pretty stupid opinion, for a smart guy like you.

So, if a person doesn't read every post on the board, you don't read. Pretty stupid opinion, for a smart guy like you.
No one asked you to read every post. We do ask you research and form your own opinion. The fact you didnt find the link explaining what the principal was doing is proof you have an aversion to truth and reading.

You're assuming it is simply after public reaction.

No, I am not. Reaction was 'after the fact' as the article made clear. Perhaps more problematic is found on the OPRFHS site itself. The 'news' is dated the 3rd, though 'reaction' is made clear in last paragraph.

As a secondary educator I don't have a problem with 'targeted' assemblies per se, though school administrations generally do, as it creates problems for anyone excluded.

This is the first time I've seen 'affinity grouping' being a rationale in a publicly funded school setting or any school. I did try to find out if some new methodologies were introduced in the past few years, but find the applications were in business and one in college setting.

Forum List

Back