School Official Demands “Home School License”

You have not been to Shelby County, Tx, or parts of plyg country on the Utah-Arizona border.

Yes, does anybody know if Lenoir or Caldwell County are militia centers?

No...NC is not Idaho or Montana.
Of course the far northern reaches of Caldwell border the NC Blue Ridge. In those remote areas one may see a few hill billies. Some bear and deer poachers. People who live entirely off the barter system and others who have never ventured farther than a few miles from their home. And others who upon seeing a stranger on their land fire first.....BOOM!! Stop or I'll shoot!"

Wow. We had some folks like that in Alaska, way down range.

One thing for sure, we know they weren't defending their pot fields.

No...NC is not Idaho or Montana.
Of course the far northern reaches of Caldwell border the NC Blue Ridge. In those remote areas one may see a few hill billies. Some bear and deer poachers. People who live entirely off the barter system and others who have never ventured farther than a few miles from their home. And others who upon seeing a stranger on their land fire first.....BOOM!! Stop or I'll shoot!"

GW, do the folks up in the Matnuska etc valleys grow pot. I know they tried wild pot out behind the barracks at Wainwright and couldn't do it.

I think it is logical that a parent certifies his/her ability to teach their kids at home. You can call it a license or a permit or a certification.

Fuck that. Any parent can teach their child to read and to add, subtract, multiply and divide. They couldn't possibly do a worse job than the public schools. Parents shouldn't need permission from the government to do the job nature created for them.

I think it is logical that a parent certifies his/her ability to teach their kids at home. You can call it a license or a permit or a certification.

Fuck that. Any parent can teach their child to read and to add, subtract, multiply and divide. They couldn't possibly do a worse job than the public schools. Parents shouldn't need permission from the government to do the job nature created for them.
It took many years and many legal battles to get to the point where parents were no longer forced to send their kids to the government schools.

Can any parent teach geometry, algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus? Because that's the math I took in high school.

The actual law in North Carolina, which possibly someone in this thread actually cares about:

Home School Requirements, Reminders and Recommendations

North Carolina law defines a home school as a non-public school in which the student receives academic instruction from his/her parent, legal guardian, or a member of the household in which the student resides. Two household schools are permitted. The home school academic instructional setting must always meet the home school legal definition of G.S. 115C-563(a) and is limited to students from no more than two households. Academic instructional settings involving students from three or more households must satisfy instead the conventional non-public school requirements.

The North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education (DNPE) is authorized by state law to receive home school notices of intent to begin initial operation and to terminate operation, and to annually inspect the school's student attendance and nationally standardized achievement test result records. Chief Administrators of home schools should anticipate receiving a request(s) to meet with a DNPE representative at a public location in close proximity to the home school while the home school is in operation

Requirements

Parents/guardians residing in North Carolina and desiring, in lieu of conventional school attendance, to home school their children who are at least age 7 but not yet age 16 must:

Hold at least a high school diploma or its equivalent;
Send to DNPE a Notice of Intent to Operate a Home School. The notice must include the name and address of the school along with the name of the school's owner and chief administrator;
Elect to operate under either Part 1 or Part 2 of Article 39 of the North Carolina General Statutes as a religious or as a non-religious school;
Operate the school "on a regular schedule, excluding reasonable holidays and vacations, during at least nine calendar months of the year";
Maintain at the school disease immunization and annual attendance records for each student;
Have a nationally standardized achievement test administered annually to each student. The test must involve the subject areas of English grammar, reading, spelling, and mathematics. Records of the test results must be retained at the home school for at least one year and made available to DNPE when requested. Also, see testing FAQS;
Notify DNPE when the school is no longer in operation.

DNPE Home School Requirements, Reminders and Recommendations

Can any parent teach geometry, algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus? Because that's the math I took in high school.

Can any sub?? Can every math teacher without the teachers addition?? The answers to those are NO..

And Ooooo 'pre-calc'... too bad you did not get to the truly advanced stuff... might have helped you stay off the meth...

Nope, but that's high school math. Any parent can teach the material in k-6. They can send their kid to one of these private learning centers that specialize in the subject for higher math.

Most home schooled are right wingers as far as I can tell. The only bad thing I can see is they will raise some really stupid kids that won't be able to survive without food stamps and welfare.

No, the kids actually do better on standardized tests than the public school kids.

And I'll bet you don't know why that is, do you?

Yes, it's because the public schools suck. They are little better than babysitting services.

The right in this country has distroyed our schools by forcing 30 kids per teacher by defunding our schools

And the Left in this country has destroyed our schools by replacing Math and Science with Global Warming junk science, Homosexualism and other PC bullshit.

[

A semi automatic rifle is not military grade so cut the fucking shit already.

And it's just like a sheep to use one example to broad brush everyone.

You are the most disingenuous dishonest, lazy minded sheep I have come across.

If that kid had been in a real school with real teachers instead of a bat-shit crazy prepper, he'd have gotten the help he needed.

[

A semi automatic rifle is not military grade so cut the fucking shit already.

And it's just like a sheep to use one example to broad brush everyone.

You are the most disingenuous dishonest, lazy minded sheep I have come across.

If that kid had been in a real school with real teachers instead of a bat-shit crazy prepper, he'd have gotten the help he needed.

The Columbine boys were in a "real school" with "real teachers" and look how that ended.

Some of the sheep's heroes were home schooled.

FDR for example.

Here's a short list of home schooled failures

Homeschooled-Famous Homeschoolers - Well known home schooled people

God forbid people aspire to this standard and actually strive for it on their own without government interference huh?

Yeah..

Actually, I think most home-skulers are insecure about their already weak parenting skills, if they think that their years of brainwashing can be undone by a teacher introducing a contrary ideal...

[
Hey fuckwad....When you can quote chapter and verse regarding the laws with which home schoolers must comply, then you can post. Until then here is a can of shut the fuck up for ya..
All home schooled students MUST meet and match the exact curriculum requirements of brick and mortar students. All home schooled students are eligible to play sports for their respective district school teams. All home schooled students MUST sit for the same (end of grade) EOG and periodic state exams as brick and mortar students...
So now here is a BUCKET of shut the fuck up.

Yawn.... So what?

Frankly, the fact Home Skuling in allowed is the problem. We are going to have a whole generation of these mutants who can't interact with the real world because their parents were tiny minded religious assholes who were afraid their kids might find out what a condom was.

I never met one who wasn't just a little weird.

GW, do the folks up in the Matnuska etc valleys grow pot. I know they tried wild pot out behind the barracks at Wainwright and couldn't do it.

If they grow pot, they do so indoors. Most of them get busted because of their outrageous electric bills due to the grow lights they use.

[
Hey fuckwad....When you can quote chapter and verse regarding the laws with which home schoolers must comply, then you can post. Until then here is a can of shut the fuck up for ya..
All home schooled students MUST meet and match the exact curriculum requirements of brick and mortar students. All home schooled students are eligible to play sports for their respective district school teams. All home schooled students MUST sit for the same (end of grade) EOG and periodic state exams as brick and mortar students...
So now here is a BUCKET of shut the fuck up.

Yawn.... So what?

Frankly, the fact Home Skuling in allowed is the problem. We are going to have a whole generation of these mutants who can't interact with the real world because their parents were tiny minded religious assholes who were afraid their kids might find out what a condom was.

I never met one who wasn't just a little weird.

Your problem is that all those people you meet are most likely as normal as apple pie. Your biggest problem is, you are the mind-fucked mutant.

Forum List

Back