School Staff JAILED for Not Reporting

I'm not debating whether this is a law or not. It seems clear that it is.

I'm not even debating if the admin are eggheads. They likely are.

I'm asking my fellow conservatives mainly: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Why should the choir teacher not have told the girl, upon receiving the note, "tell her to tell her parents"?
It doesn't matter what your fellow cultists want. It's what a child needs and the law requires. End of story. If you disagree, find another job

Reporting child abuse has been required of teachers since I was in school. And that was a long time ago. It's part of the job, and all teachers are well aware of this. It's not a new concept.

Aren't you one of the anti-school, anti-teacher sorts here?

Why then are you not in favor of the choir teacher telling the student, "Tell her to tell her parents"?

The student was not being abused at home.

It doesn't matter what your fellow cultists want. It's what a child needs and the law requires. End of story. If you disagree, find another job

No, first.

Secondly, it's not about what the law requires or what the child needs. It's about conservatives here thinking this is a great idea--teachers being jailed. Why don't they support the teacher handing the letter back and saying, "Tell her to tell her parents"?

I'm not debating whether/if it's a law. So what. A bunch of laws are completely BS.

I'm asking for some consistency from my fellow conservatives on educational matters. You might as well ask the sun to rise in the west, I know.
I hope they throw you out of the cult and call you a RINO

Parents band together, go to the school board, read statements about how terrible the teachers are, and then the yahoos on the internet chat sites pass it all over.

Then your reputation and career are ruined.

Luckily for you, you don't have a reputation left to lose. You are a cultist and a conspiracy crackpot

No. And reporting abuse has been a responsibility of teachers since before I was born...

Okay. So you are in favor of teachers being "in the know" on teenagers' sexuality. Yes? No? Maybe?

Or should parents supersede that? Yes? no? Maybe?

Luckily for you, you don't have a reputation left to lose. You are a cultist and a conspiracy crackpot

In case you haven't noticed, I do not care what you think of me.

I know it's very hard for you to conceive of a "free thinker", but here is one. It's why I was able to sit back and think about all the Covid nonsense you bought lock, stock and barrel.

Okay. So you are in favor of teachers being "in the know" on teenagers' sexuality. Yes? No? Maybe?

Or should parents supersede that? Yes? no? Maybe?
Strawman. Abuse of a child was reported to staff. Said staff have a legal obligation to inform the authorities.

What did Stalin say about our culture and what does it have to do with the fact that teachers are underpaid?
I haven't re-looked this up yet but as I recall he promised to destroy us from within... Since the fifties we have played host to hundreds of Soviet and post Soviet plants that have been trained specifically to spread cancerous roots of Marxism and anti-intellectualism. Who knows how many we missed. Our sad lack of emphasis on the teaching profession is a sham and a shame on us and an abuse of our progeny.

We are fortunate that people even want to enter the profession given its lack of personal return. How did we get here? We are producing graduating classes with large numbers of illiterate kids grabbing the diploma and rushing out to a failed life. It's horrifying.

Jo

No, first.

Secondly, it's not about what the law requires or what the child needs. It's about conservatives here thinking this is a great idea--teachers being jailed. Why don't they support the teacher handing the letter back and saying, "Tell her to tell her parents"?
They broke the law. Why wouldn't they be jailed if a jail sentence is allowed by law.

They had a responsibility to do something. They did not do anything. They deserve the arrest.

So are you the sort that wants teachers involved in teens' sex lives or no?

Why do you not support the choir teacher just telling the student, "Tell her to tell her parents"?

No one has answered that yet.

Sweet Sue should be better informed about her own job. She knows all about horse paste and poisonous face masks but didn't read what she signed up for when she put her chicken scratches on her contract.

I don't teach in Florida, and this isn't about what I'm required to do. Keep going though, I know what you are.

In choir class, a student passed a note to the choir teacher along the lines of, "My friend is being sexually assaulted". The teacher passed it to the guidance office and admin, who had meetings and did...nothing.

Of course, what happened to the girl is terrible and it's a shame the admin dropped the ball. BUT

Staff are now JAILED--including the teacher, who did the correct thing.

On one hand: Just do your job and teach! On the other: but oh yeah, you're responsible to report any misconduct you hear about, even if it's OFF school time and OFF school property--at threat of losing your job AND BEING JAILED.

America cannot decide what they want. Are we just teaching? Or are we raising your kids to the point of being responsible for what teenagers do on the weekends? And if we miss--we are in jail?

Who is going to do this job now? Why would they?

I don't know about your state, but in Texas the legal requirement is to report any "suspected abuse." The onus is on the first person with reason to suspect. I have in the past notified counselors and allowed them to make a report, because they feel it is their job to do so. They report in such a way as to keep the school out of it as much as possible.

But I always make my own report after talking to them. Much as I'd hate to bring CPS into someone's life, if a kid tells me anything like that, I'm reporting it. I'm way to cute to go to jail.

Why do you not support the choir teacher just telling the student, "Tell her to tell her parents"?

It has been answered, the teacher has a legal duty to notify authorities. It's the law...

A minor that is being molested or raped doesn't have a "sex life", you fucking lunatic. Get some help and stay away from kids. Sell cigarettes and gas at a convenience store. That's a better fit for you.

Strawman. Abuse of a child was reported to staff. Said staff have a legal obligation to inform the authorities.

Not a strawman. Why are we responsible for students' sex lives if there is student- to- student sexual abuse.....to the point you condone not even INFORMING the parents....

But we can't have this that or the other book in the library, or mention this that or the other about sexuality? (btw, I'm not condoning that either)

Make up your minds. It's inconsistent and we don't get paid NEARLY enough to deal with it.

Forum List

Back