Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

You're all over the map, dude. And you're not making coherent arguments.
You can tell me whatever you want to tell me about the Dover trial or SC rullings. I'm not going to spend good time digging into every puzzle you throw out there in the hopes of piecing together your likely dysfunctional dossier.
I haven't seen a USMB profess the universe to be 6,000 years old. Their belief typically is that the Earth as we know it was formed 6,000 years ago. That's different. And frankly, not every creationist is committed to that number either.
Carbon dating is not a proven method. In fact, it's often been shown to be flawed.
I don't have a problem with people believing Noah's ark was real.
And the dinosaurs is an unknown in many ways to everyone frankly.
And even if creationists are wrong, they're not the terrible, stupid people that you make them out to be. Creationists formed the greatest country of the modern era if not ever; this the United States of America. And they haven't disavowed science like you claim either (well, other than some extreme ones). You on the other hand have hijacked science. You use not fully substantiated theories to purport wholesale truthfulness. That is pseudo science worthy of the hack that you are.

Thanks for proving my point. Carbon dating is not a proven method? It is the most widespread dating method on the planet, used by thousands of laboratories, and independently verified by a dozen other methods. You try to chastise me for lumping creationists together all the while proving my point for me that they are all doing the same thing, trying to use science to confirm their religious beliefs. Creationism is not a science, and never will be. There is no doubt whatsoever that creationists are wrong. If you truly believe that creationists are what makes this country great, you really should consider going to an AA meeting and sober up, because, damn.

Plenty of issues with carbon dating...do the research on it.
When did I talk about creationsts trying to use science to confirm their beliefs? I didn't; but I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Who says that creationism is a science? It's a belief. That doesn't mean that science can't possibly confirm it.
You can't say that creationists are wrong. Were you there at the start of the world? Do you know exactly how life was formed? For a guy who doesn't believe in creationism, you sure want to make godly decrees about absolute truth.
I believe that wise, spiritual men have always made great contributions to this world regardless of whether or not they believed in creationism; and I can come to this sure understanding because I'm not a bigot like you.

Science has theories. Theories represent the best available explanation for subjects where is no absolute proof.

Every 'theory' put forward by Creationists, when put to the tests of science, has failed to be the best explanation for the process of how life came to be at it is currently on this planet.

To demand in any way that Creationism, or Intelligent Design, or anything similar by any other name, be given equal standing to the theory of Evolution

is to simply reject science altogether.
More pretzel logic,if the holy rollers put evolution and creationism on equal ground,that not rejecting anything.
You think before you post?

Science has not concluded that Evolution and Creationism are scientific theories of equal merit.

I didn't know that "Science" had addressed that question specifically. I have heard some Scientists argue against "Creationism" and it is mostly about time frames. However, what some Creationists purport to be the time frames of the geological development of the planet do not conform to current theory in most circles. That is as much as one can say really. The rest is not Scientific. I mean, has any Scientist defined "bunchabozos"?? That is merely hysterical nonsense when playing the man and not the ball. Most unscientific.

Greg

Couldn't agree more. Personally, from my humble lifetime's observations, I view evolution theory as the most compelling explanation I've heard, but to discount anyone who doesn't agree with something one can't fully prove for oneself as intellectually inferior is beyond arrogant.

If I can understand it, another can too. It has nothing to do with creationists being intellectually inferior. It has to do with them being intellectually lazy and dishonest with themselves and others.

How about all of the dishonest scientist's that did hoaxes in order to support Darwin's theory?

No doubt you can name each and every one of them and the hoaxes they presented. You do realize that unlike your religion, science is self-correcting. Hence those hoaxes as dismissed and science moves on.

peach said:
They are still searching for the first transitional fossil out of potentially millions of fossils required to explain the entire chain of evolution and they still have not found it.
Most of what they have in inference and not facts or evidence.

Non-sequitur. Why? ALL species are transitional.

....except the extinct ones.

Greg

My question from post 158:

If you owned a business and someone applied for a job and during the application process, they said evolution is a lie, climate change a conspiracy, science is a faith and education is for snobs and they dropped out of school, would you hire them? For what?

From these posts, it seems if you are right leaning, the answer would be either CEO or political leadership position. But if you are left leaning, the answer would be "start by emptying that".

If the job entailed scientific work or making policy decisions regarding science, you bet your sweet ass I would not hire him
But doesn't every job require some kind of decision making? Being able to reason a decision based on facts?
People who believe science is a faith have no reason. There is no reason in magical creation. It's based on a "feeling" with zero credible information or fact.
And anyone who believes education is for snobs, like Rick Santorum, is a fool.
I would have no problem with insisting all my employees have their children vaccinated. It is certainly a reasonable question when hiring. If your children aren't vaccinated, you won't want to work here.

With all the scientific evidence available for evolution and someone comes to the conclusion that we were shimmered into being from a pile of dirt by a man looking spirit in wizard robes and sandals is someone I would never trust with anything. Certainly no decisions more important than picking out the pattern for my toilet paper. And even then............

The president of the U.S. makes significant policy decisions regarding science in this country, and regarding science education, both of which are significant issues impacting our future. The country can ill afford a president who is clueless about what is essentially basic science.

Name one president who held back science education on creationist beliefs.

G.W. certainly didn't advance "edumacation" in this country, and his administration was a great hindrance to science, particularly environmental science, but others as well.

Couldn't agree more. Personally, from my humble lifetime's observations, I view evolution theory as the most compelling explanation I've heard, but to discount anyone who doesn't agree with something one can't fully prove for oneself as intellectually inferior is beyond arrogant.

If I can understand it, another can too. It has nothing to do with creationists being intellectually inferior. It has to do with them being intellectually lazy and dishonest with themselves and others.

How about all of the dishonest scientist's that did hoaxes in order to support Darwin's theory?

They are still searching for the first transitional fossil out of potentially millions of fossils required to explain the entire chain of evolution and they still have not found it.

Evolution is the best idea that man can come up with if he deliberately excludes even the possibility of life being designed.

Since there is no possibility that life was designed, the theory of biological evolution is the ONLY one that explains all the diversity of life, and the only one that can make predictions. Sorry, "god did it" doesn't explain anything, doesn't predict anything either.

Evolution is the best idea that man can come up with if he deliberately excludes even the possibility of life being designed.

I disagree. "Design" is one thing; working out the structure is another. I do not understand the "design" at all but accept that somehow it is there. The mechanisms I can work on, and that is Science...and Evolution is a very powerful theory in all of it. When one looks at the way the theory has been modified over the years it seems that "belief in" Evolution is a rather fickle thing. And there is NOTHING wrong in that; as the facts change so does the theory. The theory is only valid while it can accommodate the new facts. When it cannot one must look for a new theory; one that incorporates the successes of the theory being ditched.

Greg

It sounds like you subscribe to the idea that evolution is making ongoing changes to life, but are open to the idea that life itself was designed. That alone would make you a heretic in many circles.
That is a very sensible position to have,evolution and intelligent design are not exclusive of each other.

I don't know that I would call it "intelligent design" but if that is how people make sense of it then it is hardly a problem. And I would hardly call it a "crutch". Booze is a crutch; drugs are a crutch, but a God who keeps one from doing all the fun shit in life like those "deadly sins" is hardly supporting my carnal desires. Making me stand "on my own two feet" is hardly a bloody crutch!!

Greg

My question from post 158:

If you owned a business and someone applied for a job and during the application process, they said evolution is a lie, climate change a conspiracy, science is a faith and education is for snobs and they dropped out of school, would you hire them? For what?

From these posts, it seems if you are right leaning, the answer would be either CEO or political leadership position. But if you are left leaning, the answer would be "start by emptying that".

If the job entailed scientific work or making policy decisions regarding science, you bet your sweet ass I would not hire him
But doesn't every job require some kind of decision making? Being able to reason a decision based on facts?
People who believe science is a faith have no reason. There is no reason in magical creation. It's based on a "feeling" with zero credible information or fact.
And anyone who believes education is for snobs, like Rick Santorum, is a fool.
I would have no problem with insisting all my employees have their children vaccinated. It is certainly a reasonable question when hiring. If your children aren't vaccinated, you won't want to work here.

With all the scientific evidence available for evolution and someone comes to the conclusion that we were shimmered into being from a pile of dirt by a man looking spirit in wizard robes and sandals is someone I would never trust with anything. Certainly no decisions more important than picking out the pattern for my toilet paper. And even then............

The president of the U.S. makes significant policy decisions regarding science in this country, and regarding science education, both of which are significant issues impacting our future. The country can ill afford a president who is clueless about what is essentially basic science.

Name one president who held back science education on creationist beliefs.

G.W. certainly didn't advance "edumacation" in this country, and his administration was a great hindrance to science, particularly environmental science, but others as well.

So did you go back 50 years in your educational standing, or a bloody hundred!!

Greg

Scott Walker is a puke!
You can tell how good a President someone will be, by measuring:

1.) How loudly and hysterically liberals scream at him;
2.) How many lies they gin up about him;
3.) and how little evidence they present to back up what they say about him.

By the Lib-o-meter of this thread, it looks like Scott Walker is the best candidate Republicans have fielded in a long time.

scumbags......

The scum of the earth dimocraps are about to lose one of the few governors they have in this Country.....

And all you dickheads got is to pick on some guy that has a different opinion on evolution?

dirtbags.

Explain the Big Bang. It was a Creationist Event.

But you're too stupid to think that far ahead.

Say goodbye to another criminal dimocrap scumbag out in Oregon, asswipes.

I started a thread on it Another Day Another Criminal Politician US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum but I guess the dimocrap scumbag spambots haven't gotten their marching orders from their massas just yet.

Do you exclude the possibility that Allah might be the one true God?

Scott Walker is a puke!

By the Lib-o-meter of this thread, it looks like Scott Walker is the best candidate Republicans have fielded in a long time.

By that reasoning, Sarah Palin would be the best candidate. lol

Scott Walker is a puke!

By that reasoning, Sarah Palin would be the best candidate. lol

How is adding far left propaganda adding to the thread?

scumbags......

The scum of the earth dimocraps are about to lose one of the few governors they have in this Country.....

And all you dickheads got is to pick on some guy that has a different opinion on evolution?

dirtbags.

I started a thread on it Another Day Another Criminal Politician US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum but I guess the dimocrap scumbag spambots haven't gotten their marching orders from their massas just yet.

Actually, we don't know Walker's "opinion" on evolution - because he refused to answer. BTW, what does the Bible say about the "Big Bang"? Millions of years passed by after the "Big Bang" - so, it seems like God was really, really slow before it got it all assembled.

scumbags......

dirtbags.

Actually, we don't know his opinion on evolution - because he refused to answer. BTW, what does the Bible say about the "Big Bang"?

Show where Walker is trying to replace this with intelligent design?

See how the far left propaganda does not add anything to a thread...

I hate having to educate people who don't bother to keep up with current events. Have you not heard of the Dover trial? The Supreme Court rulings on creationism, etc? Does any of this ring a bell? Where were you when all of this was going on? Why aren't you, an apparently professed creationist taking your own people to task on the USMB forums when they go on and on about how the Earth is 6,000 years old and radiocarbon dating is a fraud as is the big bang? And how Noah's ark was real, and not a fable. And humans and dinosaurs coexisted. Where were you, gatsby?

You're all over the map, dude. And you're not making coherent arguments.
You can tell me whatever you want to tell me about the Dover trial or SC rullings. I'm not going to spend good time digging into every puzzle you throw out there in the hopes of piecing together your likely dysfunctional dossier.
I haven't seen a USMB profess the universe to be 6,000 years old. Their belief typically is that the Earth as we know it was formed 6,000 years ago. That's different. And frankly, not every creationist is committed to that number either.
Carbon dating is not a proven method. In fact, it's often been shown to be flawed.
I don't have a problem with people believing Noah's ark was real.
And the dinosaurs is an unknown in many ways to everyone frankly.
And even if creationists are wrong, they're not the terrible, stupid people that you make them out to be. Creationists formed the greatest country of the modern era if not ever; this the United States of America. And they haven't disavowed science like you claim either (well, other than some extreme ones). You on the other hand have hijacked science. You use not fully substantiated theories to purport wholesale truthfulness. That is pseudo science worthy of the hack that you are.

Thanks for proving my point. Carbon dating is not a proven method? It is the most widespread dating method on the planet, used by thousands of laboratories, and independently verified by a dozen other methods. You try to chastise me for lumping creationists together all the while proving my point for me that they are all doing the same thing, trying to use science to confirm their religious beliefs. Creationism is not a science, and never will be. There is no doubt whatsoever that creationists are wrong. If you truly believe that creationists are what makes this country great, you really should consider going to an AA meeting and sober up, because, damn.

Plenty of issues with carbon dating...do the research on it.
When did I talk about creationsts trying to use science to confirm their beliefs? I didn't; but I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Who says that creationism is a science? It's a belief. That doesn't mean that science can't possibly confirm it.
You can't say that creationists are wrong. Were you there at the start of the world? Do you know exactly how life was formed? For a guy who doesn't believe in creationism, you sure want to make godly decrees about absolute truth.
I believe that wise, spiritual men have always made great contributions to this world regardless of whether or not they believed in creationism; and I can come to this sure understanding because I'm not a bigot like you.

Science has theories. Theories represent the best available explanation for subjects where is no absolute proof.

Every 'theory' put forward by Creationists, when put to the tests of science, has failed to be the best explanation for the process of how life came to be at it is currently on this planet.

To demand in any way that Creationism, or Intelligent Design, or anything similar by any other name, be given equal standing to the theory of Evolution

is to simply reject science altogether.
More pretzel logic,if the holy rollers put evolution and creationism on equal ground,that not rejecting anything.
You think before you post?

Creationists who reject evolution believe that animal species appeared on earth, suddenly, fully formed in their current configuration.

Imagine. An empty field somewhere, long ago, suddenly has horses in it. Poof!

You want to argue that's a credible scientific theory?

By all means, bring it on.

Actually, we don't know Walker's "opinion" on evolution - because he refused to answer. BTW, what does the Bible say about the "Big Bang"? Millions of years passed by after the "Big Bang" - so, it seems like God was really, really slow before it got it all assembled.

Why don't you have your squaw read it to you and find out for yourself.

moron

scumbags......

dirtbags.

Actually, we don't know his opinion on evolution - because he refused to answer. BTW, what does the Bible say about the "Big Bang"?

Show where Walker is trying to replace this with intelligent design?

See how the far left propaganda does not add anything to a thread...

Are you presenting yourself as an argument against intelligent design?

You may have stumbled onto something.

moron

Why are you a hateful racist?

moron

See, even Evolution makes mistakes.

moron

Why are you so stupid?

They didn't have White Teachers on your Reservation?

Pathetic how the content of ones character and actions play second fiddle to the liberals petty little divisional driven baited focus issues. I guess they are so base driven, opinion oriented, that the concept of individualism and leadership must be so upsetting. It becomes more apparent with the passage of time that the best qualified shun the political spotlight and leave it to the narcissists.

moron

Why are you so stupid?

They didn't have White Teachers on your Reservation?

Your racist remarks leave you with zero credibility.

Forum List

Back