SCOTUS accepts case that will Gut the ATF and other agencies from writing interpretations of the law holding the weight of law

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

The meat starts at 1:10.

In other words "chevron" allows a regulatory agency to write interpretations of the law....that hold the weight of law.

Justice Jackson has recused herself.....

This is a big fuckin' deal.....It will put lawmaking back in the hands of congress instead of unelected bureaucrats.

Last edited:
The Texas litigation with usurping ATF authority over state manufactured suppressors built and residing in Texas, with no inter-state transactions is shattering the ATF narrative. Using the ATF language against them, Texas has demonstrated that suppressors by themselves are not weapons, they aren't dangerous and they aren't crossing state lines. Meanwhile, the ATF contradicts itself by saying they are weapons at some time, while also stating they are not weapons.

I live in Texas and look forward to getting a Texas made suppressor while not needing to depend on ATF regulations.

This is a huge case and Jackson is on the sidelines.

Supreme Court move could spell doom for power of federal regulators​

Conservatives get the chance to use a dispute over fisheries to deliver the final blow to Chevron deference.

This is a huge case and Jackson is on the sidelines.

Supreme Court move could spell doom for power of federal regulators​

Conservatives get the chance to use a dispute over fisheries to deliver the final blow to Chevron deference.

Make congress do it's job and clearly define what powers federal agencies have.

This is the most heartening thing I've heard in a long time and might....MIGHT....save the Republic.

Might.

The meat starts at 1:10.

In other words "chevron" allows a regulatory agency to write interpretations of the law....that hold the weight of law.

Justice Jackson has recused herself.....

This is a big fuckin' deal.....It will put lawmaking back in the hands of congress instead of unelected bureaucrats.

and this is just one of many reasons the democrats are ramping up their attacks on the conservative Justices on the court.....

I believe this case has legs and should easily get the five votes necessary.

I bet congress and the executive branch is pissed.....Both sides, because *gasp* they will have to put in the work if they want to foist some new law instead of a nameless bureaucrat's interpretation of a law on us.....Current law would have to be changed instead.

Forum List

Back