SCOTUS Refuses To Hear Appeal - Gays Win Again!

Marty, your personal beliefs do not excuse your behavior in the public or business forum.

If you contract by appointment without holding yourself out to the public, you can probably get away with doosh behavior.

Not otherwise. There is no religious exemption to equal protection in the public forum.

So I can force a black person to cater a KKK wedding so long as the black caterer has a store-front?

It's amazing to me that anyone would force themselves on a business who doesn't want their business.

In this case the lesbian couple had zero respect for the photographers religious beliefs, and instead of simply going elsewhere they chose to force themselves on the photographer.
Fucking pricks.

It amazes normal people that rightwingnuts think they can claim a religious exemption to equal protection

Equal protection from the government. I don't see how having to go to another photographer is some terrible burden.

If I didn't like Italians and an Italian couple came to me for photos and I told them to piss off because Italians are an abomination I wouldn't be that surprised if they did something about it :dunno:

If I'm a business owner who discriminates against you for whatever reason, the reasonable thing is for you to take your business to my competitor. He'll appreciate it and if I'm stupid enough to cut off my nose to spite my face enough times then I'll go out of business.

how dare you. level-headedness is NOT allowed in this forum. shhhhhhhhhhh.:eusa_shhh:

Interesting. You find someone who supports the right of a business to discriminate against someone " for any reason " to be expressing a level headed point of view?

How much thought have you given to that? Are the any circumstances where allowing such actions might be problematic?

Y'all better start baking those cakes and taking those pictures, and opening the doors to the mo's. Cuz here we come!

Supreme Court won't hear appeal of New Mexico gay-bias case - latimes.com

In a victory for gay rights, the Supreme Court on Monday turned down an appeal from a New Mexico photographer who claimed a free-speech right to refuse to shoot a wedding album for a same-sex couple.

The photographer was charged with violating the state’s anti-discrimination law, which requires businesses to serve customers and clients without regard to their race, religion or sexual orientation.

The case of Elane Photography had drawn wide attention because it posed a religious-freedom challenge to state anti-discrimination laws. It was credited with spurring legislative campaigns in Arizona and Mississippi to strengthen the religious-freedom rights of business owners.

Oh...and Mississippi? Say TTFN to your new law!

Eventually the Church will not be able to tell it's Congregation that Homosexuality is Sin...

That is NOT what this Country was Established for... Quite the Contrary.

:)

peace...

Marty, your personal beliefs do not excuse your behavior in the public or business forum.

If you contract by appointment without holding yourself out to the public, you can probably get away with doosh behavior.

Not otherwise. There is no religious exemption to equal protection in the public forum.

So I can force a black person to cater a KKK wedding so long as the black caterer has a store-front?

Yes. If they have a business license, they can't say "I'm not serving you because you are a white supremist." It's not that hard to fathom.

Yes. If they have a business license, they can't say "I'm not serving you because you are a white supremist." It's not that hard to fathom.

Why do you want to force people to associate with those they do not want to?

Just live your life, find another photographer/caterer and be done with it.

Jesus, you people are so fucking self centered and self important it sickens me.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Jesus, you people are so fucking self centered and self important it sickens me.

They are looking for Validation where none Exists Naturally...

They will NEVER be Happy, no matter how many Laws are passed, how many Rights of others are Infringed to try to please them...

You will Recite like Gospel that you LOVE that they are Gay and that day, the will still not have the Validation they so Desperately Need.

Because they are Inherently Invalid. :thup:

:)

peace...

Last edited:
It's amazing to me that anyone would force themselves on a business who doesn't want their business.

In this case the lesbian couple had zero respect for the photographers religious beliefs, and instead of simply going elsewhere they chose to force themselves on the photographer.
Fucking pricks.

In this case the business had zero respect for the public. They should have put up signs announcing they hate gay people. If they want to run a straight club they are more than welcome. However, since this is a business that caters to the public and not just those in their church group they have to accommodate everyone.

I agree with you in saying that there is no way someone is getting my money if they hate/dislike me. On the other hand it is funny they lost and will have to remove their religious beliefs from their business and treat everyone equally. (Weird that religious beliefs and equality are at odds in that sentence.)

Last edited:

Fucking pricks.

In this case the business had zero respect for the public. They should have put up signs announcing they hate gay people. If they want to run a straight club they are more than welcome. However, since this is a business that caters to the public and not just those in their church group they have to accommodate everyone.

I agree with you in saying that there is no way someone is getting my money if they hate/dislike me. On the other hand it is funny they lost and will have to either remove their religious beliefs from their business and treat everyone equally. (Weird that religious beliefs and equality are at odds in that sentence.)

I know how many want to blame the gay couple.....is there evidence that they KNEW prior to going to this business that they were going to refuse to serve them?

Fucking pricks.

I agree with you in saying that there is no way someone is getting my money if they hate/dislike me. On the other hand it is funny they lost and will have to either remove their religious beliefs from their business and treat everyone equally. (Weird that religious beliefs and equality are at odds in that sentence.)

They don't want to work at gay weddings. Again, when I see progressive statists such as you forcing black people to cater KKK weddings, then I will be satisfied.

Fucking pricks.

You guys are a broken record. If someone doesn't agree with you they're a "hater".
Well your president just a few years ago was a hater then.

Fucking pricks.

I know how many want to blame the gay couple.....is there evidence that they KNEW prior to going to this business that they were going to refuse to serve them?

How about nutting up and just going to another photographer?

How much of a bunch of pansies are these people?

How did the gay couple know PRIOR to going to the business that they were anti-gay?

How did the gay couple know PRIOR to going to the business that they were anti-gay?

They are not "anti-gay" they just don't want to work at a gay wedding. and who the fuck cares about prior notice? Are gay people so fucking wimpy that the need to go to one more fucking photographer is such a burden on your widdle feewings?

Man up.

Fucking pricks.

It amazes normal people that rightwingnuts think they can claim a religious exemption to equal protection

Why?

They opposed race mixing for religious reasons too

So...you don't think people should stand up for the already established law? Ok...that's you.

So...you don't think people should stand up for the already established law? Ok...that's you.

Its a law that is wrong. you shouldn't be able to make a person decide between making a living and compromising their belief structure, in particular in services that are not mandatory, and where there is plenty of other providers.

I know

What part of "We don't serve fags here" don't they understand?

Fucking pricks.

They don't want to work at gay weddings. Again, when I see progressive statists such as you forcing black people to cater KKK weddings, then I will be satisfied.

I think you miss the point that you cant cater to the general public "sometimes". You are free to close up shop if you are truly committed to your religious beliefs. No one is forcing you to cater anything. Its a choice you are making in order to stay in business. You will play by the rules of business. If you dont the only person that is forcing anything is you due to your incredibly infantile and stupid decisions..

I know

What part of "We don't serve fags here" don't they understand?

The people in question never used such language, and from all evidence were very cordial in their denial to provide the service.

You are the one adding the hatred and the animosity, not the people being deprived of their rights.

Forum List

Back