SCOTUS Refuses To Hear Appeal - Gays Win Again!

It's amazing to me that anyone would force themselves on a business who doesn't want their business.

In this case the lesbian couple had zero respect for the photographers religious beliefs, and instead of simply going elsewhere they chose to force themselves on the photographer.
Fucking pricks.

And it's amazing to me that anyone would force themselves on a business who doesn't want their business.

In this case the black college students had zero respect for the Woolworths lunch counter owners beliefs and instead of simply going elsewhere they chose to force themselves on the lunch counter. Fucking pricks.

The lunch counter laws were actually from the local governments, and forced onto businesses. Segregation at the time was de jure in form of Jim Crow laws.

In the public square, yup, you accept others.

In private association, you don't have to.

A photographer has a private contract with someone they do a job for. Why should the government be able to force someone to either go against their beliefs or go out of business?

There is no public interaction here, the government, which has to be neutral, is not and should not be involved.

And if restaurants don't want black people to sit at the counter then good for them

Today, that place would be boycotted and out of business, unless it is in a truly racist area. The government doesn't need to get involved, because the market will handle it.

and a place you walk into and a contracted photographer are two different things and you know it.

A photographer has a private contract with someone they do a job for. Why should the government be able to force someone to either go against their beliefs or go out of business?

There is no public interaction here, the government, which has to be neutral, is not and should not be involved.

And if restaurants don't want black people to sit at the counter then good for them

Today, that place would be boycotted and out of business, unless it is in a truly racist area. The government doesn't need to get involved, because the market will handle it.

and a place you walk into and a contracted photographer are two different things and you know it.

So...boycotts are good now. Ok. :D

So...boycotts are good now. Ok. :D

better than using the government to do you dirty work. I have never said boycotts should be banned, I have said that certain boycotts are stupid.

And it wouldn't be a boycott necessarily, it would be advertising the person's business practices, and letting the market do its work.

It's amazing to me that anyone would force themselves on a business who doesn't want their business.

In this case the lesbian couple had zero respect for the photographers religious beliefs, and instead of simply going elsewhere they chose to force themselves on the photographer.
Fucking pricks.

If I didn't like Italians and an Italian couple came to me for photos and I told them to piss off because Italians are an abomination I wouldn't be that surprised if they did something about it :dunno:

If I'm a business owner who discriminates against you for whatever reason, the reasonable thing is for you to take your business to my competitor. He'll appreciate it and if I'm stupid enough to cut off my nose to spite my face enough times then I'll go out of business.

better than using the government to do you dirty work. I have never said boycotts should be banned, I have said that certain boycotts are stupid.

And it wouldn't be a boycott necessarily, it would be advertising the person's business practices, and letting the market do its work.
Progressives are too impatient, self-righteous and bossy to allow freedom to work.

You open a business that solicits from the public means you cannot refuse to provide service based on your personal and religious feelings.
Sure they can. They just have to now lie about being booked up or make some other excuse.

I know I would.

Sure, why not. Those who discriminate against minorities and against women figured that little trick out decades ago.

Funny how some rws are so hysterical over cakes while willfully ignoring real issues.

1535009_745945655427302_3426893261338305373_n.png

Funny how some rws are so hysterical over cakes while willfully ignoring real issues.

1535009_745945655427302_3426893261338305373_n.png

Even if that were true, it's apples and oranges. I can't do anything about big corporations, but I can own a small business and I can have that small business destroyed via the legal system just because some people don't get their way.

All politics is local.

Fucking pricks.

If I didn't like Italians and an Italian couple came to me for photos and I told them to piss off because Italians are an abomination I wouldn't be that surprised if they did something about it :dunno:

If I'm a business owner who discriminates against you for whatever reason, the reasonable thing is for you to take your business to my competitor. He'll appreciate it and if I'm stupid enough to cut off my nose to spite my face enough times then I'll go out of business.

how dare you. level-headedness is NOT allowed in this forum. shhhhhhhhhhh.:eusa_shhh:

You open a business that solicits from the public means you cannot refuse to provide service based on your personal and religious feelings.
Sure they can. They just have to now lie about being booked up or make some other excuse.

I know I would.

Sure, why not. Those who discriminate against minorities and against women figured that little trick out decades ago.
People do it all day every day.

Going to sue the next woman that doesn't want to go a date with you because she is straight?

I know I would.

People do it all day every day.

Going to sue the next woman that doesn't want to go a date with you because she is straight?

Why would I go out on any dates with anyone besides my wife?

In the public square, yup, you accept others.

In private association, you don't have to.

Sorry boy, we don't serve Fags here

Conservative utopian America

Fucking pricks.

It amazes normal people that rightwingnuts think they can claim a religious exemption to equal protection

Marty, your personal beliefs do not excuse your behavior in the public or business forum.

If you contract by appointment without holding yourself out to the public, you can probably get away with doosh behavior.

Not otherwise. There is no religious exemption to equal protection in the public forum.

Forum List

Back