SCOTUS Refuses To Hear Appeal - Gays Win Again!

Simple cause and effect. Now, a neo Nazi can sue a Jewish baker for not making him a Nazi themed cake. A Klansman can sue a black seamstress for not making him his white robe and hat. A Christian can sue a Muslim because he refused to serve him pork chops, and vice versa. The possibilities are endless, LL.

See cite from New Mexico Supreme Court which is the standing rulign since the SCOTUS declined to review the case. In New Mexico...

Klansman: A klansman can sue (anyone can sue) but the case will be thrown out as klansman is a political leaning and not covered under Public Accommodation laws.

Jewish Baker: A neo Nazi can sue (anyone can sue) but the case will be thrown out as neo-Nazi is a political leaning and not covered under Public Accommodation laws.

Pork Chops: You didn't provide complete information on this one. If a Christian restauranteur has on the menu pork chops and refuses to sell to a Muslim because they are Muslim - yes the complaint would be valid. If a Muslim restauranteur has on the menu pork chops and refuses to sell to a Christian because they are Christian - yes the complaint would be valid. However if the restauranteur DOE NOT have pork chops on the menu, then they are not required to provide them to ANY customer.​

>>>>

Nicely done.

[MENTION=30139]eflatminor[/MENTION]

Please. Don't ask for yet ANOTHER reply. You are wrong on this one.

Man up.

The black caterer CAN refuse to serve a KKK meeting. Not BECAUSE they are white. But because they are assholes. That is fine.

But not because they're a White supremacists group. That they cannot claim. We're clear on that?

And the other examples I gave? Must the service providers also lie about the real reason they do not wish to provide their service? Is that the plan?

Shit.

Yes. BECAUSE THEY ARE A WHITE SUPREMACIST ( no "s" needed ) group. They may refuse to serve a white supremacist group. Every day....including Sunday.

Why are you acting like you are not intelligent?

You guys and the slippery slope. At some point your surveyor skills should kick in and make you realize that you are the only people sliding backwards.

Respectfully disagree. Government dictating how markets will work is an example of the kind of central planning that is the epitome of "sliding backwards". Such meddlers have been been with societies for ages. Personal freedom and voluntary choice? THAT'S forward looking.

Respectfully disagree. Governments have always dictated markets in one way or another.

Yes they have. And how has the worked out?

Dont be fooled.

I'm not fooled. I've studied economic history. I know the damage central planner meddling in markets have brought onto the people.

There is no such thing as personal freedom not granted by government.

Well said comrade...:eek:

There is voluntary choice. Do what the law says or not. However, there are consequences to your decisions.

Wow. You're quite the sheeple there.

Why do you want to force people to associate with those they do not want to?

Just live your life, find another photographer/caterer and be done with it.

Jesus, you people are so fucking self centered and self important it sickens me.

They are looking for Validation where none Exists Naturally...

They will NEVER be Happy, no matter how many Laws are passed, how many Rights of others are Infringed to try to please them...

You will Recited like Gospel that you LOVE that they are Gay and that day, the will still not have the Validation they so Desperately Need.

Because they are Inherently Invalid. :thup:

:)

peace...

People who think like you are dying off. In the not too distant future, it is you who will feel the need to seek validation. And of course, we will give it to you.

Whenever you come to your senses, just let us know.

And people in the next couple of generations will be saying that about you too, so remember that when they are wishing for you to die off as well.

People are products of their enviroment, and just a few years ago it was the norm for the majority to be in favor of traditional marriage. Even your president was opposed to gay marriage. Now suddenly thanks to people like you, if you dare to believe in traditional marriage only, you're branded a nazi, or some other despicable term.

Despite a dramatic shift in the overall view of gay marriage, you're not going to get a wholesale change overnight, so I would suggest you be patient, unless you plan on calling for us all to be burned at the stake.

Not so hard to come up with all kinds of examples that demonstrate the slippery slope that is this kind of meddling in private business.

You guys and the slippery slope. At some point your surveyor skills should kick in and make you realize that you are the only people sliding backwards.

At some point your surveyor skills should kick in and make you realize that you are the only people sliding backwards as your personal freedoms are being eroded.

You left out a few words. :eusa_whistle:

You seem to live a life of fear and scarcity. What personal freedoms are being eroded?

At some point your surveyor skills should kick in and make you realize that you are the only people sliding backwards as your personal freedoms are being eroded.

What kind of people complain that their personal freedoms to discriminate against their fellow law-abiding tax-paying citizens are being eroded?

Apparently, more than you think, Mrs. Bodecea. :eusa_whistle:

Simple cause and effect. Now, a neo Nazi can sue a Jewish baker for not making him a Nazi themed cake. A Klansman can sue a black seamstress for not making him his white robe and hat. A Christian can sue a Muslim because he refused to serve him pork chops, and vice versa. The possibilities are endless, LL.

See cite from New Mexico Supreme Court which is the standing rulign since the SCOTUS declined to review the case. In New Mexico...

Klansman: A klansman can sue (anyone can sue) but the case will be thrown out as klansman is a political leaning and not covered under Public Accommodation laws.

Jewish Baker: A neo Nazi can sue (anyone can sue) but the case will be thrown out as neo-Nazi is a political leaning and not covered under Public Accommodation laws.

Pork Chops: You didn't provide complete information on this one. If a Christian restauranteur has on the menu pork chops and refuses to sell to a Muslim because they are Muslim - yes the complaint would be valid. If a Muslim restauranteur has on the menu pork chops and refuses to sell to a Christian because they are Christian - yes the complaint would be valid. However if the restauranteur DOE NOT have pork chops on the menu, then they are not required to provide them to ANY customer.​

>>>>

Nicely done.

Man up.

Not my examples.

My examples:

But race is...as is color. The KKK is a race-based advocacy group. The Black owned caterer therefore cannot refuse to provide his service to the KKK meeting because he has a problem with white race advocacy groups. Same goes for the Black seamstress refusing to hem the white robe.

Religion is too. Therefore, the Christian can sick the government on the Jewish baker for refusing to make a Jesus-on-the-cross cake. The Muslim baker cannot refuse on religious grounds to bake the cake with a picture of Mohammed on it.

Age is also. So, if the Senior Center prefers not to offer their rec room to teenagers, they're out of luck. If a 60 year old man wants to join the Boys Scouts, what's to stop him now?

why do any threads about anything homosexuality related turn into all sorts of descriptive posts?

It's called homoerotic fantasy. They don't have the courage to come out of the closet so they fantasize about it.

The black caterer CAN refuse to serve a KKK meeting. Not BECAUSE they are white. But because they are assholes. That is fine.

But not because they're a White supremacists group. That they cannot claim. We're clear on that?

And the other examples I gave? Must the service providers also lie about the real reason they do not wish to provide their service? Is that the plan?

Shit.

Yes. BECAUSE THEY ARE A WHITE SUPREMACIST ( no "s" needed ) group. They may refuse to serve a white supremacist group. Every day....including Sunday.

Wrong. Discriminating on the basis of color or race is not allowed...even if the point of that race or color-based group offends you. Sorry, but that is the at the heart of this case.

They are looking for Validation where none Exists Naturally...

They will NEVER be Happy, no matter how many Laws are passed, how many Rights of others are Infringed to try to please them...

You will Recited like Gospel that you LOVE that they are Gay and that day, the will still not have the Validation they so Desperately Need.

Because they are Inherently Invalid. :thup:

:)

peace...

People who think like you are dying off. In the not too distant future, it is you who will feel the need to seek validation. And of course, we will give it to you.

Whenever you come to your senses, just let us know.

And people in the next couple of generations will be saying that about you too, so remember that when they are wishing for you to die off as well.

People are products of their enviroment, and just a few years ago it was the norm for the majority to be in favor of traditional marriage. Even your president was opposed to gay marriage. Now suddenly thanks to people like you, if you dare to believe in traditional marriage only, you're branded a nazi, or some other despicable term.

Despite a dramatic shift in the overall view of gay marriage, you're not going to get a wholesale change overnight, so I would suggest you be patient, unless you plan on calling for us all to be burned at the stake.

You are quite dramatic.

When you were branded a Nazi, did it hurt?

Why shouldn't the rights of American citizens be recognized "overnight"? Do you need time to adjust? Is the concept of equality under the law a hard pill to swallow?

Not so hard to come up with all kinds of examples that demonstrate the slippery slope that is this kind of meddling in private business.

True.

The slippery slope fallacy is the last refuge of social conservatives who have no valid legal argument in favor of discriminating against gay Americans.

There is a muslim bakery in Westwood. I stopped by there when my dog was being groomed since it's only two blocks away. Their policy is what you see is what you can buy. They sell cakes for same sex weddings if the customer orders a particular size cake. They will make the cake. What it's used for is none of their business. If you want a decorated cake, they will put a frosting flower on it. You pick up your cake and go about your business. There is no catalogue of themes, no wedding toppers. not even a couple of wedding bells. They can come up with some pretty elaborate cakes as they did for my friend's wedding. It's just not on the "menu". No wedding toppers, no bride and groom, groom and groom, bride and bride. You can get your own on line, or go to a bakery in West Hollywood that will accommodate same sex weddings.

better than using the government to do you dirty work. I have never said boycotts should be banned, I have said that certain boycotts are stupid.

And it wouldn't be a boycott necessarily, it would be advertising the person's business practices, and letting the market do its work.
Progressives are too impatient, self-righteous and bossy to allow freedom to work.

lol...I just realized there's a drag queen down here who uses the name "Helena Handbag".

Is that you?

Shit.

Wrong. Discriminating on the basis of color or race is not allowed...even if the point of that race or color-based group offends you. Sorry, but that is the at the heart of this case.

Would the caterer in your hypothetical deny service to a local bowling league that had members who were all white?

Respectfully disagree. Government dictating how markets will work is an example of the kind of central planning that is the epitome of "sliding backwards". Such meddlers have been been with societies for ages. Personal freedom and voluntary choice? THAT'S forward looking.

Respectfully disagree. Governments have always dictated markets in one way or another.

I'm not fooled. I've studied economic history. I know the damage central planner meddling in markets have brought onto the people.

There is no such thing as personal freedom not granted by government.

There is voluntary choice. Do what the law says or not. However, there are consequences to your decisions.

It's worked out beautifully for me and lots of other people I know. They create a game. Make up rules. If you play by those rules you get wealthy. Matter of fact it works every single time.

You have to be or otherwise you would not have said this. You dont understand the rules of economics then. Sounds like you studied the wrong thing.

Let me know when you can find one that someone (like the government) cant take away from you.

No just a law abiding citizen.

>>>>

Nicely done.

Man up.

Not my examples.

My examples:

But race is...as is color. The KKK is a race-based advocacy group. The Black owned caterer therefore cannot refuse to provide his service to the KKK meeting because he has a problem with white race advocacy groups. Same goes for the Black seamstress refusing to hem the white robe.

Religion is too. Therefore, the Christian can sick the government on the Jewish baker for refusing to make a Jesus-on-the-cross cake. The Muslim baker cannot refuse on religious grounds to bake the cake with a picture of Mohammed on it.

Age is also. So, if the Senior Center prefers not to offer their rec room to teenagers, they're out of luck. If a 60 year old man wants to join the Boys Scouts, what's to stop him now?

KKK argument was raised and dismissed by the court. If the black seamstress refused service because they are white - the complaint would be valid. If the black seamstress refused service because of the political advocay - the case would be dismissed. All the black seamstress would have to do is line up to testify all her white customers they she did provide service, which would show the failed logic of the position.

If the Jewish baker doesn't provide "Jesus on cross" cakes to anyone, then they can refuse them to a Christian.

If the Muslim baker doesn't provide "Mohammad" cakes to anyone, then they can refuse them to a anyone.

If the Senior Citizen Center is open to the public and falls under Public Accommodation laws - they cannot refuse to access to teenagers.

The Boys Scouts are a private organization with membership, therefore they do not fall under Public Accommodation laws. Private membership based clubs (in pretty much every state that I can think of) are exempt.

>>>>

You seem to live a life of fear and scarcity. What personal freedoms are being eroded?

When the government tells a person who owns their own business how to run it....that's erosion of freedom. Just because it furthers your cause doesn't negate the outcome.
It isn't fear it's being concerned, it's just living long enough to see the changes.
It isn't about agreeing with this particular business or not....it's his business bottom line.

Want another example? About obummercare? It could have been resolved without the intrusion of every American in this country......but our government didn't want that.
Obviously, your a big government sort of person. Lots of countries with big government and less freedoms.

True.

The slippery slope fallacy is the last refuge of social conservatives who have no valid legal argument in favor of discriminating against gay Americans.

One, I'm NOT a social conservative. I have no problem with working a gay wedding.

Two, this is not about discriminating against anyone. It's about the right to conduct one's affairs without the government meddlers dictating the terms.

I don't think a Muslim baker should be forced to bake a cake with a picture of Mohammed on it and I don't think a Christian should be forced to attend a gay wedding. I prefer free markets and free minds. Attempting to pick and choose who gets what treatment and which group of people is protected and which is not is the very definition of a slippery slope. You saying it isn't doesn't make it so.

Shit.

Would the caterer in your hypothetical deny service to a local bowling league that had members who were all white?

Red herring. It depends on WHY he denied service. If it's because they're white, then that's against the law. Same goes for the KKK meeting. If the caterer dare utter the truth, that he doesn't go for groups that advocate the White race, he MUST cater that event. I think that's wrong.

Forum List

Back