SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

You did draw that comparison. I have read similar posts by you in the past. You want to back off now, fine. I am sure the floodgates argument was made 50 years ago when Loving was decided. It was ignorant then and remains an ignorant argument. What I see is you claiming that because gay people are now allowed to enter into committed relationships, the country will suffer. That is hate in its most basic form

I didn't draw the comparison in my post, however, I will say, unnatural and immoral sexual relations are what they are..... you can say my belief is hate but I can say your belief is hate as well -

Ignorance goes both ways, and just because you "say so" doesn't make it so. This is such a lame tactic used all the time.. people can see if from a mile away.....

When the country does suffer (and it is already) it won't seem so hateful...but then again the world is going down in a downward spiral, and people will cling to their erroneous beliefs as they go down the tubes.

I won't back off or stop - I'm not sure why you thought I wanted to or would....
I don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

It's amazing to me that someone running for president could freely say they were opposed to same sex marriage just a handful of years ago, but now if you dared to say you were opposed, you would be branded a bigot, and you would be shunned. It's a good thing Obama "evolved" or you guys apparently would have ran him out of D.C. on a rail in 2012.

I suspect we will see the dozens of Repub candidates "evolve" very quickly over the next few months.

Yes, because they know how the left works, and they know they'll be compared to Hitler if they do not comply.

Yep, I'm sure that's why. It can't possibly be that Repubs are held hostage by their own rabid base. I'm quite sure none of the Repub candidates have any interest in appealing to a wider group of voters. If only the liberals would allow them to have their own opinions, they wouldn't be seen as regressive.

Cons should thank SCOTUS for getting the confederate flag on the back burner....it's still gonna come back to haunt them though.

This ruling is wonderful for gays, and I am happy for them. As for the rest of us, it really will not have any affect on our lives whatsoever. Now I know there will be some crazy cons out there who will now think that we all have to marry someone of the same sex, but we all know that isn't true. Religious entities will not be forced to marry anyone if it goes against the tenets of their religion, so again this will not affect anyone in a negative way.

Five years from now, people will wonder what the fuss was all about

Yes, winger, now you can pack fudge legally, you and jake can marry and jerk each other off while you take turns posting on this message board.

You seem to be taking the court's ruling well.

the court has allowed 3% of the population to dictate to 97%.

This ruling is wonderful for gays, and I am happy for them. As for the rest of us, it really will not have any affect on our lives whatsoever. Now I know there will be some crazy cons out there who will now think that we all have to marry someone of the same sex, but we all know that isn't true. Religious entities will not be forced to marry anyone if it goes against the tenets of their religion, so again this will not affect anyone in a negative way.

Yes, winger, now you can pack fudge legally, you and jake can marry and jerk each other off while you take turns posting on this message board.

Damn....this shit pisses you off doesn't it?

Yes, watching this great nation go down the crapper pisses me off. And I am not going to be silent or worry about offending anyone.
Well of course 1%ers don't believe in equality.

I just don't believe they should get to have the title of marriage. I think the very definition has to do with the joining of opposites.

You may feel that your personal bias is enough to invalidate the gay folks Right to Equal Protection under the Law" a Constitutional Right...however the central legal controlling Institution just said "Nay"....

If only 3% believed in equality, it wouldn't have happened, and we'd still have slavery.

Yes, watching this great nation go down the crapper pisses me off. And I am not going to be silent or worry about offending anyone.
Well of course 1%ers don't believe in equality.

you mean like the clintons, most of hollywood, pelosi, reid, whoopi--------------those 1% ers?

I love conservative temper tantrums

Such drama queens

864865.gif

If only 3% believed in equality, it wouldn't have happened.

this decision was not about equality. it was about using the SC to mandate societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition. THAT is what it was about.

I remember you gassing on endlessly about how you would accept this ruling if it didn't go you way. As I suspected, you're not taking this ruling so well. Oh, by the way, gay people may only 3% of the population but they have the majority of population supporting their right to marry. You'll get over it.

And I am not going to be silent or worry about offending anyone.
Anonymously on a message board of course. What a brave patriot you are.

nope, in everything I do or say, on facebook, in person, in public. I am tired of the liberals controlling the debate in this country and lying about our history, our constitution, our religion, and our founders.

I remember you gassing on endlessly about how you would accept this ruling if it didn't go you way. As I suspected you're not taking this ruling so well. Oh, by the way, gay people may only 3% of the population but they have the majority of population supporting their right to marry. You'll get over it.

I have accepted it. But I don't have to agree with it.

Personally I don't give a shit if two gay men call their hook up a marriage. Its not, but they can call it that.

Now legal in all states.
Congratulations to those that can finally get married.

and yes, I mean that seriously.

I remember you gassing on endlessly about how you would accept this ruling if it didn't go you way. As I suspected, you're not taking this ruling so well. Oh, by the way, gay people may only 3% of the population but they have the majority of population supporting their right to marry. You'll get over it.

the majority of americans do not support this ruling. But it is the ruling so they will have to accept it and move on. There are more important battles yet to come.

The GOP brought this on themselves. You cannot claim be for rights and liberties but ONLY those rights and liberties that you approve of.

It shouldn't never have gone that far, now the consequences will be far more than even you realize.

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were," Kennedy wrote. "As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death."

I remember you gassing on endlessly about how you would accept this ruling if it didn't go you way. As I suspected you're not taking this ruling so well. Oh, by the way, gay people may only 3% of the population but they have the majority of population supporting their right to marry. You'll get over it.

I have accepted it. But I don't have to agree with it.

Personally I don't give a shit if two gay men call their hook up a marriage. Its not, but they can call it that.

You are free to have that opinion and it will still have zero bearing on the law.

the majority of americans do not support this ruling. But it is the ruling so they will have to accept it and move on. There are more important battles yet to come.

The majority of Americans do not support this ruling? Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Forum List

Back