SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

Bonzi has every right to her faith and her understanding of God. We all do. But our nation is secular in basis. The LGBT community has the same civil rights as the straight community. If God disagrees, S/He will deal with the matter in a divine way.

Yeah. Just like integration and abortion.
Integration...yep...Abortion, not yet...but it will.
Did you know it was democrats that wanted segregation???? I am sure they will never treat the 1% of people like you like they did the blacks , Jews and Japanese..... LMAO gullible tool

Yes, and did you know that Dixie-crats of those days are now the Tea Party of today?

Also it was racist Democrats that have attempted to fix the errors of the past ( LBJ, Byrd and their group ) while those like you cling to the past wanting America to stay WASP controlled and denying the minorities any right to be happy in this nation.
really Just Strom Thurman did all of that? Hey idiot he is the only one who switched parties.... Bull Connor Democrat Al Gore Senior democrat LBJ Wallace Democrat Robert Byrd Democrat that was minority and majority leader in the senate for years. You are ignorant as hell it seems.

Awww, being called ignorant by someone like you is a wonderful compliment when you are the dumbest poster on here so far.

Now why is it Dixiecrats like you fear allowing others to have equal rights?

Also as I wrote the racist Democrats like Byrd and LBJ attempted to fix their wrongs from their past, and that flew right over your ignorant ass as usual...

You are living proof what is wrong with the Christian Right and why they ruined the GOP. Those like you condoned laws that prevented interracial marriages. You are the type that would refuse a person to be employed because of his skin color. You are the type that would demand a woman should be barefooted and pregnant in the kitchen and be allowed to beat her daily because she is property to you.

I bet you believe that flying a Dixie Flag is cool and if someone that find it revolting is a Liberal Queer to you, am I correct?

The great thing about today ruling is it end the argument but it will not end those like you from wanting to revert back to the WASP America where you enjoyed denying others the same rights you enjoy.
Son you seem to ignore ACTUAL history for your fairy tales.... There was no
magical party switch. They all but one STAYED IN YOUR PARTY!

And they never refused to serve gays anyway.

They refused to PARTICIPATE in a sacrilegious ceremony, themselves. They didn't want to go to the wedding or contribute to the wedding. They were fine with serving the gays.

This isn't that complicated but homonazis are patently stupid.

Like an atheist. They should be killed, right? Anything else is not "Godly".

Nope. But people that are "anti-God" love to put words in peoples mouths and make it look like the truth.
It's a very common practice - often times effective (because people are easily duped) - but very over played, and certainly not truthful.

You should be a follower of Jesus because it's the only REAL meaning in life.

Selective use of faith is also a quite common practice. If God has a problem with same sex marriage then what must he have thought about slavery and it's flag that still flies today? I'm sure that's not kosher either yet you are indifferent on that issue. That's why we don't legislate based on faith.

I am not well read on the history of the Confederate/Rebel flag. There are people I know that love it because they love the South (not slavery) - they are proud to be from the South and view it as a symbol of their pride. I am not a mind reader, nor, am I a big fan of political correctness. I don't claim to be perfect or even completely in God's will - but I do know that's the only thing that matters ultimately.

If I don't comment on an issue, it will be most likely because I don't know enough about it to really get deep into a productive discussion about it.

What I do know is that God wants an intimate relationship with all people, and, that, once he has that, he can reveal His will to those that accept his sacrifice and salvation plan... and enter in to relationship with Him.

That's kind of a dodge, a cop out, don't you think? I believe it's quite easy to understand how God must have felt about slavery just as it's equally easy to understand the purpose of the Civil War. Your selective outrage only highlights the need to keep our legal system completely secular.

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.
Justice Anthony Kennedy

It seems Roberts was trying for a mulligan on his horseshit ACA vote...neither mattered because it is and has been Kennedy's court since Barry stacked it with his two lesbians. :puke:

That's kind of a dodge, a cop out, don't you think? I believe it's quite easy to understand how God must have felt about slavery just as it's equally easy to understand the purpose of the Civil War. Your selective outrage only highlights the need to keep our legal system completely secular.

No. I think I speak Truth. I don't have any outrage but I do have issues I clearly am more concerned about that others.... God spoke clearly about his 2 greatest commands:

1st and foremost, above all else: #1 - LOVE GOD
2nd, #2 - Love you Neighbor as Yourself

This means - not enslaving people, not willfully setting out to hurt people, whether it be by flag, by words (the insulting of persons - be they Liberal or Conservative) etc. A conscientious effort to LOVE, and, part of the LOVING of OTHERS in a Christian's heart is SHARING GOD! Imploring others to live for GOD, because that I #1 (see above).

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.
Justice Anthony Kennedy

Beautifully written.

As of today, it is not SSM or gay marriage.

It is just marriage for all.

Regards from Rosie

5 minutes and nothing happened

I don't think God is that pissed about this Gay Marriage stuff

Oh? You get to decide when it's appropriate or the "right time" for God to act? You must be pretty powerful. Do people worship you?

God seems to be slipping with his punishing of sinners

He used to be right up there with floods, pillars of salt, locusts and killing first born

You would think this gay marriage stuff would really piss him off.....but I think Jesus doesn't have a problem with it. He is more level headed

If god doesn't do something soon about San Francisco, he's going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

God will do what He will do in His time.

I was just making a joke.

You are saying that, essentially, any and all marriages that don't conform to your international of God's will is illegitimate. There are folks who marry under the aegis of other religions, or no religion at all, yet those marriages are regarded as legitimate under the laws of this nation.

I'm saying there is one God, we will all answer to him.

Men can and will live any way they want on this Earth, make the rules and do what is right "in their own eyes" but, ultimately, it will fail.

God said it and so it will be.
I know someone who was married in a Las Vegas wedding chapel. The officiate was an Elvis impersonator wearing tye dye. The wedding was as secular as you get. Is their marriage 'real'?

My late Uncle Ducky and his wife Aunt Sis were married by a Justice of the Peace during World War II. To my knowledge, no one invoked God during their civil ceremony. Was their marriage 'real'?

Could it be, just possibly, not everyone need conform to any interpretation of God's will in order to be truly, really married?

Integration...yep...Abortion, not yet...but it will.
Did you know it was democrats that wanted segregation???? I am sure they will never treat the 1% of people like you like they did the blacks , Jews and Japanese..... LMAO gullible tool

Yes, and did you know that Dixie-crats of those days are now the Tea Party of today?

Also it was racist Democrats that have attempted to fix the errors of the past ( LBJ, Byrd and their group ) while those like you cling to the past wanting America to stay WASP controlled and denying the minorities any right to be happy in this nation.
really Just Strom Thurman did all of that? Hey idiot he is the only one who switched parties.... Bull Connor Democrat Al Gore Senior democrat LBJ Wallace Democrat Robert Byrd Democrat that was minority and majority leader in the senate for years. You are ignorant as hell it seems.

Awww, being called ignorant by someone like you is a wonderful compliment when you are the dumbest poster on here so far.

Now why is it Dixiecrats like you fear allowing others to have equal rights?

Also as I wrote the racist Democrats like Byrd and LBJ attempted to fix their wrongs from their past, and that flew right over your ignorant ass as usual...

You are living proof what is wrong with the Christian Right and why they ruined the GOP. Those like you condoned laws that prevented interracial marriages. You are the type that would refuse a person to be employed because of his skin color. You are the type that would demand a woman should be barefooted and pregnant in the kitchen and be allowed to beat her daily because she is property to you.

I bet you believe that flying a Dixie Flag is cool and if someone that find it revolting is a Liberal Queer to you, am I correct?

The great thing about today ruling is it end the argument but it will not end those like you from wanting to revert back to the WASP America where you enjoyed denying others the same rights you enjoy.
Son you seem to ignore ACTUAL history for your fairy tales.... There was no
magical party switch. They all but one STAYED IN YOUR PARTY!

Are you really that stupid?

Dixiecrat voters like you left the Democrat party after LBJ signed laws that those like you objected to.

Also dumb ass I am not either DEMOCRAT nor REPUBLICAN and voted for McCain and Romney in the last two elections because I do not support Obama nor his agenda but I am not a close minded buffoon like you longing for the gone days of a WASP America!

What I've learned this week.

State doesn't mean state.

Marriage doesn't mean marriage.

Conservative court doesn't mean conservative court.

This is like waking up in Wayward Pines.
It's waking up in reality. The decision is traditionally conservative: since no constitutional issue exists, let Congress deal with its own legislation.

Wow! If no constitutional issue exists, why did the SCOTUS hear the cases? You know that's their job, correct? Also, it doesn't seem to appear that Congress needs to legislate as the SCOTUS can just redefine any laws written to mean what they want them to mean. That's the new reality.

You are saying that, essentially, any and all marriages that don't conform to your international of God's will is illegitimate. There are folks who marry under the aegis of other religions, or no religion at all, yet those marriages are regarded as legitimate under the laws of this nation.

I'm saying there is one God, we will all answer to him.

Men can and will live any way they want on this Earth, make the rules and do what is right "in their own eyes" but, ultimately, it will fail.

God said it and so it will be.
I know someone who was married in a Las Vegas wedding chapel. The officiate was an Elvis impersonator wearing tye dye. The wedding was as secular as you get. Is their marriage 'real'?

My late Uncle Ducky and his wife Aunt Sis were married by a Justice of the Peace during World War II. To my knowledge, no one invoked God during their civil ceremony. Was their marriage 'real'?

Could it be, just possibly, not everyone need conform to any interpretation of God's will in order to be truly, really married?

I would say that is a personal question for the people involved to answer and it is no body else's business. Outside of that, the only important issue is whether the government considers it real. I think that question has been answered.

No. I think I speak Truth. I don't have any outrage but I do have issues I clearly am more concerned about that others.... God spoke clearly about his 2 greatest commands:

1st and foremost, above all else: #1 - LOVE GOD
2nd, #2 - Love you Neighbor as Yourself

This means - not enslaving people, not willfully setting out to hurt people, whether it be by flag, by words (the insulting of persons - be they Liberal or Conservative) etc. A conscientious effort to LOVE, and, part of the LOVING of OTHERS in a Christian's heart is SHARING GOD! Imploring others to live for GOD, because that I #1 (see above).
ECCL 12:13,14

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Forum List

Back