SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

What a great week this is turning out to be.

Not just one, but TWO major reasons for wingnuts to cry into their Gadsen flags.

:)

You people are hateful and ALL OVER politics. it has to be sickness you aquire when you sign up to become a liberal/democrat.

I suppose your methods are what they are, but so long as you are not doing anything with children or animals, who am I to judge?
Most dumbass comment so far. What do you think you mean, Shirley?
I mean a private life is exactly that, a private life. Who are you to judge someone else's love? What great calamity happens when you meet a homosexual?

In point of fact, you personally know homosexuals as neighbors, business associates, friends and family. Are you safe? Did they deign to mention your sexual behavior? Does it matter to them? Then why does it matter to you?

And there is plenty of heterosexual anal acts. Are heterosexuals just too straight laced to be kinky? Are you sure you have an Internet connection?

Opinions, they say, are similar to anuses. We all have one and yours stinks.

I don't want to run out a string about your attitude. It's not a good color on you dear. Keep it to yourself. Feel what it's like to get 'closeted'.
Fuck you too, heathen faggot.
well argued.
Thanks, Pansy
For the record, I'm a happy heterosexual man. And I'm an American who has bought into the pledges and the oaths and the anthems and the miraculous documents that provided future generations with an owner's manual.

I sincerely believe that freedom is for all my fellow citizens. We bill ourselves as "the land of the free, and the home of the brave". Isn't it about time we grew up and into that ideal?

"Adult consensual sex" Ain't nuthin "sex" about fudge packin', Lester.
I suppose your methods are what they are, but so long as you are not doing anything with children or animals, who am I to judge?
I mean a private life is exactly that, a private life. Who are you to judge someone else's love? What great calamity happens when you meet a homosexual?

In point of fact, you personally know homosexuals as neighbors, business associates, friends and family. Are you safe? Did they deign to mention your sexual behavior? Does it matter to them? Then why does it matter to you?

And there is plenty of heterosexual anal acts. Are heterosexuals just too straight laced to be kinky? Are you sure you have an Internet connection?

I don't want to run out a string about your attitude. It's not a good color on you dear. Keep it to yourself. Feel what it's like to get 'closeted'.

I second that...
they really think the supreme court CAN force a state do something.
they are going to be getting a HUGE surprise soon
Actually, the Supreme Court CAN force a state to do something

well argued.
Thanks, Pansy
For the record, I'm a happy heterosexual man. And I'm an American who has bought into the pledges and the oaths and the anthems and the miraculous documents that provided future generations with an owner's manual.

I sincerely believe that freedom is for all my fellow citizens. We bill ourselves as "the land of the free, and the home of the brave". Isn't it about time we grew up and into that ideal?
You're right. The hatchet is buried.

They are law abiding American citizen who engage in adult consensual sex. Otherwise, they are just as good citizens, neighbors, family members as any other American.

Do they need the approval of you? Of government?

Or are you calling for a national code of morality?

Amazing what conservatives sink to when their hatreds are challenged

And ditto to you, heathen.

*NOTE - there are no "super power" countries that allow Same Sex Marriage

Jesus would love a homosexual so much he would tell him his must deny his sexual feelings and sin no more

It's hard enough to try to figure out what Jesus actually did say without complicating it by trying to figure out what He would have said regarding something He never addressed..
Since it's a sin, pretty easy to say...

Well there have been countless threads on that topic and I am not going to derail the thread by pushing it in that direction. Count me among those who say the verses condemning homosexuality in the Bible are very problematic....VERY problematic.
Will find or start a thread on that....it is condemned throughout the Bible. Starting thread now
Whether it is or isn't is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – as we saw today.

For those of you who oppose this ruling

How does it affect your life?

It gives them a sad because Rush, Hannity and the rest of the wingnut talkers repeatedly told them that they were the real majority.

Really?

The Court voted, not the "people".
Actually the people did, when they voted for the presidents who appointed the justices to the Court, and the senators who confirmed those appointments.

It's called a representative democracy, a component of our republican form of government. See Article IV, Section 4.

It was the genius of the Founding Generation to create a Constitutional Republic, whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men, as men are incapable of ruling justly – laws seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law are proof of that, along with today's ruling invalidating those laws.

Countries in which the people have no common bonds and require the force of law to survive don't survive. More and more laws are required to hold a disparate people together until the nation is a complete tyranny. Then it is over. The people rebel or invite in a superior power promising freedom.

What's amazing is how quickly they get there.

uFS5buj.png

So who is surprised this court who consistently pisses on the constitution pisses on it once more? Not me. Now all you homosexuals can now start doing what your progressives masters want of you and start suing churches and kill more freedoms..... Fucking retards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's that wonderful bitterness I've been looking for!

:2up:

And the bitter fluids did thusly flow from the end-orifices of the many various and sundry butthurteds, and they were cast into the desert of self-doubt for 40 days and 40 nights. And then they cried like little babies. The end.

They wailed and lamented thrusting themselves upon the rocky ground prostrate before the Lord. They cried, " Lord ,why have you foresaken us"? " We can neither sit nor stand as the butthurt is upon us". The Lord has yet to respond.

Jesus surrounded Himself with sinners. He socialized with drunks, tax collectors, the greedy, adulterers, etc. Anyone who ostracizes a homosexual isn't following the example of Jesus very well.
Jesus did not condone the behavior either. He was amongst them to teach them but he didn't participate in what they were doing

What's amazing is how quickly they get there.

No shit. I have been thinking the same thing. They don't even try to digest or think. Just react mindlessly even when approached diplomatically.

No. I think I speak Truth. I don't have any outrage but I do have issues I clearly am more concerned about that others.... God spoke clearly about his 2 greatest commands:

1st and foremost, above all else: #1 - LOVE GOD
2nd, #2 - Love you Neighbor as Yourself

This means - not enslaving people, not willfully setting out to hurt people, whether it be by flag, by words (the insulting of persons - be they Liberal or Conservative) etc. A conscientious effort to LOVE, and, part of the LOVING of OTHERS in a Christian's heart is SHARING GOD! Imploring others to live for GOD, because that I #1 (see above).
And comparing adults in a loving committed relationship to someone of the same gender to pedophiles not willfully setting out to hurt those... not insulting them.. loving them? What a hypocrite.
What does pedophilia have to do with this debate? Do you understand the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality? Do you realize that most pedophiles are heterosexuals?
Sexual immortality is sexual immortality. God will protect those that honor and serve Him
Pedophiles rob innocent children of that innocence. Adult homosexuals are consenting partners.

Are you suggesting that there is no such thing as sexual immorality among heterosexuals?
Nope, we all sin and fall short of God's glory, but we don't need to say we are one nation under God and blatantly disregard what he views as an abomination and expect his protective hand to shelter us. We are telling God, "We know better than You"
Exactly. God made covenant with Israel as well but said if you turn from this I will remove my protection...time and time again the people did evil then cried out for help. God made covenant with America and they wrote out covenant on the mayflower. It is horrifying that a minorty sect of the population can change something of this magnitude. It is way past a wake up call for those who do not agree with this kind of thing to get out and be just as or more passionate about shoving this kind of thing back into the closet it came from. In the Old Testament it spoke of running people that practiced this behavior from the city walls. This is what happens when ground is not stood on and get involved to say no this is not happening here. First it was hey let's kill babies because we can now this...and they will roll right in and demand to adopt kids also because without science they can't make any which is one of the root problems that to me is very clear why it was never intended. Don't think it will end at this, it won't. Their lifestyle will just be shoved down everyone throat even more. I am very hurt that the country I love has failed so miserably but I expected it given God hasn't been welcome in schools and most churches for years.

Countries in which the people have no common bonds and require the force of law to survive don't survive. More and more laws are required to hold a disparate people together until the nation is a complete tyranny. Then it is over. The people rebel or invite in a superior power promising freedom.

We have plenty of common bonds. The world is not ending.

*NOTE - there are no "super power" countries that allow Same Sex Marriage

Sure there is.

Same Sex Civil Marriage has exist here, yes America is "super power" for over a decade. As of today American, a "super power" will allow SSCM in all states.

>>>>

Liberals are know for lowering value of everything in order to achieve something.

Marriage lost its meaning. If anything can be called marriage, then nothing is marriage.

How does it affect your marriage?

It devalue meaning of it.

It's like calling everyone that has vagina a lady.
Don't you get it? This is a legal issue. A marriage license is just a legal contract between two people. The only value it has is in regard to the legal privileges and responsibilities associated with the contract.

A religious marriage may certainly have requirements different from a civil marriage as is the case with Catholic marriages today.

I got the legal part. I don't get why they wanna call it something that is not.

I guess for the same reason that every woman wants to be called lady. It make's them feeeeeeel good.
Marriage is the only way to guarantee that gay and lesbian couples will have the same legal protections of other married couples.

The alternative would be a civil union which exist in only a few states. It would be virtual impossible to recreate this legal status in every state as well as the federal level and change God knows how many laws through out the country to make the civil union equal to marriage in eyes of the law.

Then there would be the issue of company policies. Most companies only recognized the status of married or single so every business would need to change it's policies, again virtually impossible.

Since there are only 4 countries in the world that have civil unions, this status would not be recognized in most other countries.

Marriage is the only institution that can be assign to gay and lesbian couples that would guarantee equal protection under the law..

Last edited:
Liberals are know for lowering value of everything in order to achieve something.

Marriage lost its meaning. If anything can be called marriage, then nothing is marriage.

How does it affect your marriage?

It devalue meaning of it.

It's like calling everyone that has vagina a lady.
Don't you get it? This is a legal issue. A marriage license is just a legal contract between two people. The only value it has is in regard to the legal privileges and responsibilities associated with the contract.

A religious marriage may certainly have requirements different from a civil marriage as is the case with Catholic marriages today.

I got the legal part. I don't get why they wanna call it something that is not.

I guess for the same reason that every woman wants to be called lady. It make's them feeeeeeel good.
Marriage is the only way to guarantee that gay and lesbian couples will have the same legal protections of other married couples.

The alternative would be a civil union which exist in only a few states. It would be virtual impossible to recreate this legal status in every state as well as the federal level and change God knows how many laws through out the country to make the civil union equal to marriage in eyes of the law.

Then there would be the issue of company policies. Most companies only recognized the status of married or single so every business would need to change it's policies, again virtually impossible.

Since there are only 4 countries in the world that have civil unions, this status would not be recognized in most other countries.

The marriage is the only institution that can be assign to gay and lesbian couples that would guarantee the same protections under the law as marriage.

Oh excuses...

I would agree with alternative, civil union. Because what they got now it's not marriage.

Company policies? Well, companies have to follow the law, right? Impossible? So is marriage in between gays. But they're calling it marriage anyways.

Their "married" status wont be recognized in most of countries anyways, since just around 20 countries recognize it.

Forum List

Back