SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

I think for many, the issue with homosexuality isn't about denying them rights or hating on them etc.

I think the real Christian's out there don't like that fact that gay marriage is legalized because they believe that by gay marriage becoming "legal", people will start to perceive it as acceptable, and maybe even, "okay" for a Christian to do.... their concern is FOR GOD and his ways, not AGAINST GAYS and their ways (most Christian's believe God considers Homosexuality as a sin and an abomination - you can argue against that, but, that won't change their belief. They don't believe it because they hate gays, they believe it because they were taught that and feel scriptures back it up).

Now, sex outside of marriage is also a sin. But the issue with allowing gay marriage is that on top of homosexuality being a sin, Christian's view marriage as a HOLY union (vs. a legal union).

They see it as a breaking down of the moral fabric of our Country and worry that it is part of a trend that will bring this country into further decadence and moral decay.... and ultimately, Godly punishment.

If you can look at it as a LOVE for God and Country (even if you thinks it's mis-construed) and not has a hateful and controlling thing, you still won't agree, but, maybe you can partially understand or at least see where they might be coming from, from their point of view.

You can say, well, guess what, I think gay marriage is a right and this is fair and tough for you cause that's where we are at now in this Country .... but adding on that people are hateful, backward and narrow-minded is just not fair (but, that is not to say that some aren't...).

But many really are good hearted, well intentioned people - people that would clothe and feed a homosexual person, and help them in a time of need.

I'm pretty sure I didn't word or say all this correctly, but I tried my best!
Wrong. Real Christians are not bigots. But yes many Christians have been brought up to be bigoted against gays similar to the way they were brought up to be bigoted against blacks. Stupid is as stupid does.
Hey fuck you. Stop calling those who refuse to celebrate sin bigots .

And according to Paul, the death and resurrection of Jesus fulfilled the Law and the prophecies ushering in a new era of Judaism that abolished the old covenant and brought in a new one. If you had read Chapter One of the book you quote, you would recognize that the author makes clear through the genealogy that every 14th generation something massive happens and Judaism changes. After the first 14 generations, David came and established the royal line which dramatically changed everything. 14 generations later was the Babylonian exile which again dramatically changed everything. Now 14 generations later, here comes Jesus ushering in yet another era wherein the prophecies are fulfilled, the old covenant is no more, and a new covenant is established.
You're saying Paul knew something Jesus did not? Jesus said he did not come to change the law. Paul did not get to reverse that.
Do you think Jesus loved the sinner or the sin?

I think he said " Don't hate the player. Hate the game".
I think he said repent your sins and go forth and sin no more........ But we both know homosexuals and any liberal libertarian wont do this.
Neither will any Conservative who criticizes Liberals.
Speaking the truth isnt a sin.

I think he said repent your sins and go forth and sin no more........ But we both know homosexuals and any liberal libertarian wont do this.

It's a sin to you perhaps. Most people don't really care one way or the other if homosexuals get married or not. I think we should leave them alone and let them do their thing. By denying them marriage, you are only harassing these people. They obviously don't follow your particular set of rules for living.
They will not be satisfied until their lifestyle is accepted as equal by everyone everywhere. They will not leave Christians alone.

They should be equal. They are human beings!
who ever said they were unequal? You and your kind did no christian ever did.... So the true bigot is you and the liberal left.

Huh? You statement doesn't make sense.
No christian ever treated them as unequal. Yet you do. You treat them as if they are something different from a human. As if all they are is who or what they fuck. It is really sick.

It's a sin to you perhaps. Most people don't really care one way or the other if homosexuals get married or not. I think we should leave them alone and let them do their thing. By denying them marriage, you are only harassing these people. They obviously don't follow your particular set of rules for living.
It is a sin to God.

That's your belief. Everyone doesn't share your beliefs.
No that is the word of God.

They will not be satisfied until their lifestyle is accepted as equal by everyone everywhere. They will not leave Christians alone.

who ever said they were unequal? You and your kind did no christian ever did.... So the true bigot is you and the liberal left.

No christian ever treated them as unequal. Yet you do. You treat them as if they are something different from a human. As if all they are is who or what they fuck. It is really sick.

I do? How so? I said that people should NOT be judged on their sex lives.

It is a sin to God.

Sorry but not everyone believes in a god or your god in particular. That's just the way it is.

Then why are you against them being married?

It is a sin to God.

Live and let live. God doesn't need your help, I'm sure.

You're saying Paul knew something Jesus did not? Jesus said he did not come to change the law. Paul did not get to reverse that.

I find your sig to be rather ironic too. :rolleyes-41:
marriage is not a right it is a privilege and one where it was suppose to be left to each state not the politburo
Complete idiocy. In the United States, it is firmly established as not just a right, but a fundamental right as an important aspect of the inalienable right to pursue happiness.

As counsel for the respondents acknowledged at argument, if States are required by the Constitution to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, the justifications for refusing to recognize those marriages performed elsewhere are undermined. See Tr. of Oral Arg. on Question 2, p. 44. The Court, in this decision, holds same-sex couples may exercise the fundamental right to marry in all States. It follows that the Court also must hold—and it now does hold—that there is no lawful basis for a State to refuse to recognize a lawful same-sex marriage performed in another State on the ground of its same-sex character.
No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

who ever said they were unequal?
The highest court in the land.

Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

I don't see how people can say that homosexuals are treated as "equals" when they do not want to allow them the same privileges that everyone else has!

Neither will any Conservative who criticizes Liberals.
Speaking the truth isnt a sin.
Really? Show me were truth matters ......

revile

to speak about (someone or something) in a very critical or insulting way

to subject to verbal abuse

to use abusive language​

I don't see how people can say that homosexuals are treated as "equals" when they do not want to allow them the same privileges that everyone else has!
Bigots have to twist reality in order to justify it in their deformed minds.

Bigots have to twist reality in order to justify it in their deformed minds.

IMO, they don't have any right to "define" what marriage is to another person. I also cannot understand how they can insinuate themselves into another person's life and happiness!

It is a sin to God.

Not everyone wants to or is qualified to become a Deacon.

1 Timothy 3:8-13
Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.

It appears that in the wake of the court’s decision, it’s not only the Republican politicians and the preachers that are having meltdowns. ………..

Marriage Equality Ruling Sparks Rise In Anti-LGBT Violence (VIDEO)

We’re all celebrating because of the Supreme Court’s ruling that made marriage equality the law of the land, but as expected, there has been serious backlash from conservatives and other homophobes. Most supporters are brushing it off; after all, it’s a done deal. However, a more serious situation surrounding discontent with the ruling has come to light: A rise in anti-LGBT hate crimes. Addicting Info Marriage Equality Ruling Sparks Rise In Anti-LGBT Violence VIDEO

South Dakota County Clerk Threatens To Marry Her Dog To Oppose Gay Marriage
Not willing to set herself on fire, a South Dakota county clerk has decided to oppose gay marriage in a less painful but equally nonsensical way: She will try to marry her dog.

Once again proving that the only slippery slope exists in the fevered minds of the homophobe, the Sioux Falls resident apparently believes that if she were to marry her dog this would prove that gay marriage is wrong, although you would be hard pressed to figure out how. South Dakota County Clerk Threatens To Marry Her Dog To Oppose Gay Marriage Addicting Info The Knowledge You Crave

Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up ‘No Gays Allowed’ Sign To Protest Marriage Equality (VIDEO)
A Baptist minister and owner of a Tennessee hardware store is very concerned that “the gays” might handle his tools. Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee, reacted to the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision that the definition of “marriage” includes same-sex couples in pretty much the same way the rest of the conservative world did: with an immature and discriminatory action. Addicting Info Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up No Gays Allowed Sign To Protest Marriage Equality VIDEO

It appears that in the wake of the court’s decision, it’s not only the Republican politicians and the preachers that are having meltdowns. ………..

We’re all celebrating because of the Supreme Court’s ruling that made marriage equality the law of the land, but as expected, there has been serious backlash from conservatives and other homophobes. Most supporters are brushing it off; after all, it’s a done deal. However, a more serious situation surrounding discontent with the ruling has come to light: A rise in anti-LGBT hate crimes. Addicting Info Marriage Equality Ruling Sparks Rise In Anti-LGBT Violence VIDEO

Not willing to set herself on fire, a South Dakota county clerk has decided to oppose gay marriage in a less painful but equally nonsensical way: She will try to marry her dog.

Once again proving that the only slippery slope exists in the fevered minds of the homophobe, the Sioux Falls resident apparently believes that if she were to marry her dog this would prove that gay marriage is wrong, although you would be hard pressed to figure out how. South Dakota County Clerk Threatens To Marry Her Dog To Oppose Gay Marriage Addicting Info The Knowledge You Crave

Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up ‘No Gays Allowed’ Sign To Protest Marriage Equality (VIDEO)
A Baptist minister and owner of a Tennessee hardware store is very concerned that “the gays” might handle his tools. Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee, reacted to the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision that the definition of “marriage” includes same-sex couples in pretty much the same way the rest of the conservative world did: with an immature and discriminatory action. Addicting Info Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up No Gays Allowed Sign To Protest Marriage Equality VIDEO

yeah sure. how do they know? they ask the criminals why they committed the crime? spare us all the how homosexuals are such victims in this POOR poor life they have to live in. they can always move to another country. the only MELTDOWNS is coming from your leftwing HATE sites like addictinggarbageinfo

yeah sure. how do they know? they ask the criminals why they committed the crime? spare us all the how homosexuals are such victims in this POOR poor life they have to live in. they can always move to another country. the only MELTDOWNS is coming from your leftwing HATE sites like addictinggarbageinfo
the only MELTDOWNS is coming from your leftwing

Sez the trailer dweller on the government dole, government cheese eater who has been having meltdowns since friday

OMG! Are you serious? I'm sorry, but your views are extreme. This is America. Gay people are human beings. There is absolutely no reason to deny them the rights and privileges that anyone else has. It is not up to you to define another person's marriage.

Forum List

Back