Screaming 6-Year-Old Girl Taken From Foster Family for Being 1/64 Native American

It's a shame when kids pay for poorly administered laws. If the Choctaw nation considers 1/64 Native blood sufficient to be a tribal member, she should have been placed with a Native family when she first came into care. At least, the local tribe should have been consulted and if they gave it a pass, CPS could proceed with a non-native placement. Now that states are tightening up on regulations that child welfare has been ignoring, little kids like Lexi are paying the price.
Most people don't realize that during much of the 1900's, kids were taken from their Native families by force and educated as "white," in the hopes it would help them achieve more in their lives. But the Native culture was further decimated by it. So it had to stop. Native tribes have a right to intervene in any child custody proceeding. They need to stay apprised of all Native children in the foster care system and have a right to intervene whenever they feel it is in the child's best interest. For kids like Lexi who had one parent with a small percentage of Choctaw blood who was not participating in tribal culture, a lot of child welfare agencies ignored these laws.
Poor little kid.
Oh please, EVERYBODY knows that kids were taken from their native families for a while.

The tribes are run by the feds. This is the garbage you get.
The legacy left over from savage whites and their laws.

The child should have been left where she was until the age of 12. In California, that is the age the courts deem capable of deciding who they want to live with concerning a divorce. However, this kid was in foster care. If she was happy there, she should have been left there if that if that is what SHE wanted. I understand the tribal thing, but come on. This is going overboard.

This was a foster family by its very nature temporary. Foster children are routinely removed from one family and placed with another.

In 1978 the tribes finally forced the federal government to stop stealing children from their tribes and passed the Indian Child Welfare Act. Lexi belongs with her people.
holy crap, I agree with you

This was a foster family by its very nature temporary. Foster children are routinely removed from one family and placed with another.

In 1978 the tribes finally forced the federal government to stop stealing children from their tribes and passed the Indian Child Welfare Act. Lexi belongs with her people.
holy crap, I agree with you
Of course you do since your type people are tribal.

It's a shame when kids pay for poorly administered laws. If the Choctaw nation considers 1/64 Native blood sufficient to be a tribal member, she should have been placed with a Native family when she first came into care. At least, the local tribe should have been consulted and if they gave it a pass, CPS could proceed with a non-native placement. Now that states are tightening up on regulations that child welfare has been ignoring, little kids like Lexi are paying the price.
Most people don't realize that during much of the 1900's, kids were taken from their Native families by force and educated as "white," in the hopes it would help them achieve more in their lives. But the Native culture was further decimated by it. So it had to stop. Native tribes have a right to intervene in any child custody proceeding. They need to stay apprised of all Native children in the foster care system and have a right to intervene whenever they feel it is in the child's best interest. For kids like Lexi who had one parent with a small percentage of Choctaw blood who was not participating in tribal culture, a lot of child welfare agencies ignored these laws.
Poor little kid.
Oh please, EVERYBODY knows that kids were taken from their native families for a while.

Native American children continue to be seized and placed with white christers.
In 1978, Congress enacted the Indian Child Welfare Act, designed to prevent Native American children from being displaced from their communities. The goal of the ICWA is to “promote stability and security of Indian tribes and families.” Before the ICWA, thousands of Native American children were forcibly removed from their tribes and sent to boarding schools that sought to assimilate them into white culture. These kids were forced to cut their hair, forget their language, change their names, and embrace Christian morality.

Group

The child should have been left where she was until the age of 12. In California, that is the age the courts deem capable of deciding who they want to live with concerning a divorce. However, this kid was in foster care. If she was happy there, she should have been left there if that if that is what SHE wanted. I understand the tribal thing, but come on. This is going overboard.

why should the child be forced into a white christian culture

Poor little kid.

Native American children continue to be seized and placed with white christers.
In 1978, Congress enacted the Indian Child Welfare Act, designed to prevent Native American children from being displaced from their communities. The goal of the ICWA is to “promote stability and security of Indian tribes and families.” Before the ICWA, thousands of Native American children were forcibly removed from their tribes and sent to boarding schools that sought to assimilate them into white culture. These kids were forced to cut their hair, forget their language, change their names, and embrace Christian morality.

Group
Sounds like what the whites did in Australia. The goal was to breed the Aborigines out of existence. That was before they found out their white genes were recessive.

I wonder why she wasnt originally placed with the tribe?
Because they only have two families in the entire tribe who can qualify as foster parents, and they already have their 15 grandkids placed with them.

"With her own kind"? How does a 6 year old know her "own kind". How many of us white folks are 1/64 German or Irish or French or Swedish or freaking Russian and not know it? Would we be "better off with our own kind"?
What difference would it make if you were? Isnt that still considered white?
Somebody must pay you to make black people look stupid.

"With her own kind"? How does a 6 year old know her "own kind". How many of us white folks are 1/64 German or Irish or French or Swedish or freaking Russian and not know it? Would we be "better off with our own kind"?
What difference would it make if you were? Isnt that still considered white?
Somebody must pay you to make black people look stupid.
You avoided the question. Give it a shot since whitehall hasnt answered it yet.

Because they only have two families in the entire tribe who can qualify as foster parents, and they already have their 15 grandkids placed with them.
Bullshit she did go the distance relatives several times it wasn't until the family that she knows wanted to adopt her they became interested.

Let me guess. Non tribal people determine who qualifies?
Wrong again. Tribes have their own child welfare agencies now. And let me tell you, they are a joke.
Dont bother telling me anything. I take you as a joke.

Bullshit she did go the distance relatives several times it wasn't until the family that she knows wanted to adopt her they became interested.
So someone in the tribe could have adopted her earlier but didnt until this family wanted to adopt her?

So someone in the tribe could have adopted her earlier but didnt until this family wanted to adopt her?
Her mother and father were both crack heads she was taken away from them by CPS and put up for adoption several times before the family she's part of got her .
They even offered to share custody with her distance relatives.
Btw kosherhag is a psyco nothing she says is even remotely factual.

The girl's mother was a druggie and lost custody. The girl, at two years old, was to be sent to live with the same tribal family that has Lexi's sisters. She was placed with this foster family temporarily until the transfer papers could be completed. Then the shitstain foster family ties the transfer up in court for four years. Good thing the tribe got visitation for the girl to see her sisters.

Girl who is part Choctaw taken from Santa Clarita foster family’s home

Forum List

Back