SD clerks may opt out of SSM on religious grounds

Issuing a license is not violating anyone's religious beliefs. Refusing is just plain, simple bigotry.

Oh, this is good! Pass the buck to your coworkers. Soon none of us will have to do a thing. The wonders of a productive modern society.

Pass the buck? This should satisfy everyone, the homos get married by someone who has no objection and the clerk who didn't want to due to religious beliefs is spared doing it. It's a win win

They have to follow the rule of law of the land. If I say not murdering people is against my religion, do I have the right to kill someone? I mean with your logic, I should never be held accountable for that because it's my religion.

Oh, this is good! Pass the buck to your coworkers. Soon none of us will have to do a thing. The wonders of a productive modern society.

Pass the buck? This should satisfy everyone, the homos get married by someone who has no objection and the clerk who didn't want to due to religious beliefs is spared doing it. It's a win win

They have to follow the rule of law of the land. If I say not murdering people is against my religion, do I have the right to kill someone? I mean with your logic, I should never be held accountable for that because it's my religion.

Strawman

Passive refusal to participate in gay marriage (a cult activity) by a Christian is not a threat to anyone else. And as such it will meet the yardstick that will be created to measure "acceptable 1st Amendment exercise". Plus, Jesus didn't preach that Christians should run around killing people. But he did talk about anyone promoting homosexuality as a cult or cultural movement will go to hell forever.

Passive refusal to participate in gay marriage (a cult activity) by a Christian is not a threat to anyone else.

It is if it denies those gays and lesbians their rights. And they have a right to a marry. Refusing to issue licenses denies them that right.

Forum List

Back