Seattle just passed it's tax on wealthy people

Let allt he productive people leave and these liberals fucking retards wallow in their own making.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...cide-new-income-tax-for-high-income-residents

WOW!! A one-percent net tax increase.

You pay it then

I don't have too. Republicans gave me the ability to make $7.4M and pay no personal income taxes.

Ahhhh, you have such an active fantasy life! Good for you. The reality is the tax starts at 1% and only the rich. Then, the rich leave, but the bureaucrats have gotten used to that "income" so they then lower the amount needed to qualify for that particular tax. Were you truly a one percenter you would understand that ultimately the only people who get to enjoy the pain of those taxes are the middle class.

Are you still aspiring to the middle class or are you going to remain content in whichever relatives basement you reside in?

Let allt he productive people leave and these liberals fucking retards wallow in their own making.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...cide-new-income-tax-for-high-income-residents

You pay it then

I don't have too. Republicans gave me the ability to make $7.4M and pay no personal income taxes.

Ahhhh, you have such an active fantasy life! Good for you. The reality is the tax starts at 1% and only the rich. Then, the rich leave, but the bureaucrats have gotten used to that "income" so they then lower the amount needed to qualify for that particular tax. Were you truly a one percenter you would understand that ultimately the only people who get to enjoy the pain of those taxes are the middle class.

Are you still aspiring to the middle class or are you going to remain content in whichever relatives basement you reside in?

Why shouldn't the rich/wealthy pay the same percentage of their income to taxes as you?

Why shouldn't the rich/wealthy pay the same percentage of their income to taxes as you?

You claim to have all this money. Why don't you stop worrying about what other people are doing, pay YOUR fair share, and shut the fuck up?

You pay it then

Because they already do. More in fact based on how much of the Federal Budget is paid for by the wealthy as opposed to the 49% that pays nothing.

You can't read. It says a 2.35% income tax over 250k. Once an income tax is law it will very likely increase, this is just their way to start the ball rolling.

So that would be a taxable income of $250K?
Over that, yep. For now....

So we're debating on a tax increase for people making multi-millions?

Its not an increase. There has to be a baseline first for an increase. Its a new tax, aka, wealth re-distribution

-Geaux

Republicans re-distribute wealth up by creating favorable tax laws for the wealthy and corporations, then reduce the amount payed to States and locals who have to raise taxes on consumers to pay their bills. That benefits me BIG TIME! You, not so much.

One percenter, huh? Yet you don't seem to know the word is "paid".

Why waste time and effort passing a law that state law clearly prohibits?

It's an attempt by the liberals in Washington state to get an income tax. By attacking the rich they believe there will be little resistance and once it becomes legal to tax the rich's income, then they will go after everyone in Seattle and finally the state. Divide and conquer, the left is good at that.

The only problem is the rich will just leave.

When has that happened? Also, how does taxing the rich so they pay the same percentage of tax/income as the middle class an attack? Isn't that fair?
Why waste time and effort passing a law that state law clearly prohibits?

It's an attempt by the liberals in Washington state to get an income tax. By attacking the rich they believe there will be little resistance and once it becomes legal to tax the rich's income, then they will go after everyone in Seattle and finally the state. Divide and conquer, the left is good at that.

The only problem is the rich will just leave.

When has that happened? Also, how does taxing the rich so they pay the same percentage of tax/income as the middle class an attack? Isn't that fair?

When did the rich leave? Just ask Rush Limbaugh why he left NY and moved to FL.

Several high tax states have run the rich out of town. NY and New Jersey come to mind. The city of Seattle will just do the same.

They will not be paying the same as the middle class because the middle class doesn't pay any income tax. Try getting up to speed on the topic.

What did the Federal Income Tax start at all those many long years ago?:eusa_whistle:

Why is that applicable to my post?

It started at 1 %. Incrementalism.

Doesn't everything start with one?

No, dumbass! It can start anywhere, but the income tax started at 1%!

I didn't realize that your "OnePercenter" user name referred to your IQ!

You pay it then

Again, there is no income tax in Washington state! Only the rich in Seattle would pay the tax.

Here's a map. The wealthiest people in America live in these states

Retirees move to the southern states, AZ, TX ,FL and NM. Also the homeless.

Yes, the wealthy who don't work for a wage can still live anywhere they want. You can't tax that which they don't make. However, they make money elsewhere and those rates are lower. I actually have friends who are billionaires. They have very smart tax attorneys set things up so they can prosper wherever they are. But, if you pass laws that directly affect them, they will leave. It is as simple as that. They're not dumb.

The rich will find ways to make their active incomes into passive and then the city of Seattle would not be able to touch it, then the city will still need revenue and then go after the middle class because they always wind up paying. The left doesn't get it.

What's the taxable income for an individual making $225K?

Doesn't matter matter what the percentage is, it is unconstitutional in the state of Washington, it is a way that the state of Washington is trying to get an added tax. If it was only the rich, you may have a point but this tax will go right down to every Washatonian. The voters soundly vote down the income tax every time it comes on the ballot.

It doesn't matter if the tax starts out as a penny, it is unconstitutional in the state of Washingto.

An added tax for multimillionaires. Even with the increase they still won't pay the same percentage of tax/total income as you?

Why do you find it necessary to support multimillionaires in their tax reduction efforts?

First off it isn't a reduction, it is an added tax that is currently illegal in the state of Washington. It is a way to bring in a new tax. The taxing the rich only is just a way to get it passed, then they will start taxing everyone.

This tax isn't about rich or poor or middle class, it is about having a tax added at all. The state of Washington has tried to pass an income tax for decades and the voters seem smart enough to shut it down.

For a guy that claims to know a lot about taxes, you sure seem poorly informed on this issue.

Again, not a rich vs. poor, it is new tax or no tax.

What did the Federal Income Tax start at all those many long years ago?:eusa_whistle:

Why is that applicable to my post?

It started at 1 %. Incrementalism.

Doesn't everything start with one?

Why does there need to be a new tax at all?

You pay it then

Again, you seem to be not getting it.

The question isn't whether the rich should pay or not, it is whether the people of the state of Washington should have a new tax to pay.

1861, flat tax of 3% on all incomes over $800/year. - A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774 - 1875

As to the argument of the topic; it is illegal under the state constitution I cannot imagine it getting past that hurdle.

Forum List

Back