Seattle just passed it's tax on wealthy people

Look at it this way if it helps you:

Personal income in excess of $250,000 for individuals and in excess of $500,000 for married couples filing joint returns would be taxed.

A single deduction of 250,000 and a married deduction of 500,000. Better :) or call it a standard deduction.

Personal income in excess of $250,000 for individuals and in excess of $500,000 for married couples filing joint returns would be taxed.

A single deduction of 250,000 and a married deduction of 500,000. Better :) or call it a standard deduction.

Why..they are already paying more than people who earn 70,000 or less......

Why..they are already paying more than people who earn 70,000 or less......

Hey that is just the way it works. Remember its personal income, not business income and only above those amounts . We have 4.35 % state tax in MI not progressive but we have personal deductions. Some states have progressive state tax , I'm quite sure WI does. I doubt anyone will move due to it. They can reword it better if the wealthy think they are being discriminated against.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich.

I defend everyone's right to be free from an overbearing government. Why don't you?

I thought you were all for the power back to the states, this is not the Fed Gov. Soon you guys will be bitching about state gov.

The city of Seattle is trying to get around the state constitution of no income tax and they are trying to pit rich against poor to get it to pass. Now, do you honestly believe that a state that has been trying to get an income tax into law for decades isn't going to use this to tax rich and poor and middle class/ This is a state issue and the city of Seattle needs to get slapped down for this.

Washington state has no income tax, alls these people would have to do is move out of the city limits.

It is against the state constitution, Seattle is out of bounds and if this passes the legal system, the entire state of Washington will start implementing an income tax.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich.

I defend everyone's right to be free from an overbearing government. Why don't you?

I thought you were all for the power back to the states, this is not the Fed Gov. Soon you guys will be bitching about state gov.

The Washington State Constitution prohibits an income tax, dumb ass. I swear, it's like you purposely come here to show everyone how incredibly ignorant and stupid you are about the world around you.

I'm secretly Bobba Fett and only care about bounties. And sweet rocket backpacks.

You have outed yourself. If the story was 'they want to tax the rich at 95%' then you could make that argument. That it isn't anywhere near 'oppressive or overbearing' yet you still feel a need to defend the rich is sad. Sorry but it is. 'The rich' don't ever notice when taxes go up on you, unless they are the ones raising the tax rate. And when that happens the only thing they are interested in is how cold the champagne is.

Singling out a specific group of people in attempt to confiscate their legal property is mostly certainly oppressive and overbearing. You just don't care because you're greedy and jealous.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

We're not defending the rich silly one. We're defending ourselves. We understand that governments claws are always out, grasping, trying to finagle every little bit that they can. The problem is the rich leave, and the government then turns its avaricious gaze on those who can't afford to leave. Namely us. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

The Washington State Constitution prohibits an income tax, dumb ass. I swear, it's like you purposely come here to show everyone how incredibly ignorant and stupid you are about the world around you.

Well I guess they need an amendment then. See how easy that is.

Well I guess they need an amendment then. See how easy that is.

Which they won't get. It's been tried and voted down by a large majority repeatedly.

I'm secretly Bobba Fett and only care about bounties. And sweet rocket backpacks.

You have outed yourself. If the story was 'they want to tax the rich at 95%' then you could make that argument. That it isn't anywhere near 'oppressive or overbearing' yet you still feel a need to defend the rich is sad. Sorry but it is. 'The rich' don't ever notice when taxes go up on you, unless they are the ones raising the tax rate. And when that happens the only thing they are interested in is how cold the champagne is.

Singling out a specific group of people in attempt to confiscate their legal property is mostly certainly oppressive and overbearing. You just don't care because you're greedy and jealous.

You project your demons onto others you derp. Keep them bottled up in your head. Again it's so pathetic to see poor and middle class people think they have to defend the wealthy. Stockholm Syndrome. Or Wannabe Syndrome.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

We're not defending the rich silly one. We're defending ourselves. We understand that governments claws are always out, grasping, trying to finagle every little bit that they can. The problem is the rich leave, and the government then turns its avaricious gaze on those who can't afford to leave. Namely us. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

'The rich leave'. Odd that nobody has heard of this before. We here the same nonsense about California "oh businesses are leaving by the droves it's going to bankrupt the state".
We've been hearing the same chicken little story for 20 years and California's economy has grown by leaps and bounds.

Stop with your defense of people that have more than you ever will little one. They don't need your help and they sure as hell would never help you.

'The rich leave'. Odd that nobody has heard of this before. We here the same nonsense about California "oh businesses are leaving by the droves it's going to bankrupt the state".
We've been hearing the same chicken little story for 20 years and California's economy has grown by leaps and bounds.

Stop with your defense of people that have more than you ever will little one. They don't need your help and they sure as hell would never help you.

If you haven't heard it then it's because you're deaf, dumb, AND blind.

Gerard is the most famous example but take a look at Monaco. Guess who lives there? Wealthy Britons, and others, who have left their home country's due to high taxes. If you are wealthy enough you can afford to live wherever the hell you wish. If you're poor or middle class that option isn't open to you so the "tax the rich" schemes invariably get passed down to the middle class because the poor don't have anything to tax. And. yet again, morons like you can't seem to get those facts through your ever so thick skulls.

Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax

Read more: Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Gerard is the most famous example but take a look at Monaco. Guess who lives there? Wealthy Britons, and others, who have left their home country's due to high taxes. If you are wealthy enough you can afford to live wherever the hell you wish. If you're poor or middle class that option isn't open to you so the "tax the rich" schemes invariably get passed down to the middle class because the poor don't have anything to tax. And. yet again, morons like you can't seem to get those facts through your ever so thick skulls.

Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax

Read more: Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax | Daily Mail Online

Good then the lower income can take their place. Why do you want the rich, what good are they for you if not to pay taxes. So they can look down their nose at you and use up the natural resources. This is a small tax on personal income over 250 grand and over 500 grand, I doubt they will move. If they do say Good Riddens.

LOL So you have to go to Gerard Depardieu because you can't find any examples in the US. One would think from your bold all-knowing statement that wealthy people fleeing in the US would be a common easily found story. But you have none little one.

But there is Gerard Depardieu. He's playing the role of a fleeing rich man in 'I Spit In Your General Direction Taxman Of Paris!'. You know he's also a citizen of Russia? Whaaat? :slap:

Good then the lower income can take their place. Why do you want the rich, what good are they for you if not to pay taxes. So they can look down their nose at you and use up the natural resources. This is a small tax on personal income over 250 grand and over 500 grand, I doubt they will move. If they do say Good Riddens.

I want the rich to pay taxes. What i don't want is for the legislature to feel they can abuse the rich. You need to read some ancient history. Might I suggest you read a history of the Peloponnesian War. Athens had a large number of wealthy citizens who paid for the majority of Athens Navy. But the Mob decided they weren't giving enough so they began abusing them. Athens fell within 30 years of that particular bit of idiocy.

Forum List

Back