Seattle... The Amsterdam of the US?

I would say, rather, it is about not criminalizing people's personal choices.

You must have read a different article than I did, because the one linked in the OP talks about cleaning up the parks and the Jungle area.
Sure. And they could accomplish the same thing by going in, rounding them all up, arresting them, and sending them to prison on drug charges.

Instead, they are choosing to recognise their rights to make their own choices, and providing a safe environment in which to exercise that choice.

Living on the streets is part of their choice.
Really? So, you would hire a person who is a known heroin user?

If I needed a Hep-infected whore or a drug mule maybe.
...and that's why they're homeless.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

You must have read a different article than I did, because the one linked in the OP talks about cleaning up the parks and the Jungle area.
Sure. And they could accomplish the same thing by going in, rounding them all up, arresting them, and sending them to prison on drug charges.

Instead, they are choosing to recognise their rights to make their own choices, and providing a safe environment in which to exercise that choice.

Living on the streets is part of their choice.
Really? So, you would hire a person who is a known heroin user?

If I needed a Hep-infected whore or a drug mule maybe.
...and that's why they're homeless.

See that is where you are wrong. I shared a townhouse with a for realsie coke whore. She never had a problem paying her share of the bills or keeping a roof over her head. Never stole from us. Always paid all her bills. She was a pro at being a pro.

Are the local Seattle McDonald's selling The Royal with Cheese?

The drug thing is a tough one. You can't make them all legal, some drugs are just too dangerous, much like many prescription drugs are heavily regulated because they are too dangerous. For example, free access to arsenic is not a good idea.

And the opiate pain killers that doctors and pharmacies have been pushing, legally but they are pushers, are acting as a gateway drug to heroin because heroin is cheaper. So the entire pain killer pill industry needs an overhaul and opiates need to be heavily regulated, which they are to a degree now. I use a hydrocodone prescription for pain and you have to sign forms that say you will bring in your prescription for a pill amount count at any time, as well as other restrictions. I have no problem with this as I've never had an addictive bent and from my viewpoint I don't see how anyone gets addicted to these pain killers, but everyone is different and people do. So it is a real problem.

Providing clean needles and medication and a path to get off of heroin or any other drug is a good idea. Having medical personal available is also a good idea. Providing them with heroin is not. There are some things in life that don't have an easy answer and this is one of them.

Forum List

Back