Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

only if youre in the national guard.
nope- you've been misled, or lied to-

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

A bunch of yahoos with guns is not considered well regulated. They were speaking of the national guard.
I thought you said you could read,,,
that says the people not the NG,,,

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?
Could felons then vote as well?
voting not a protected right,,,
In that case neither is owning a gun.
yes it is,,,

"right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

I live in a democratic run city which is over oppressive I have many felonies and I have more to come because of how they treat the citizens.. I want a gun to protect my self but can’t.
So you are planning on committing more felonies.

No- you should not be allowed to own a gun.

only if youre in the national guard.
nope- you've been misled, or lied to-

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

A bunch of yahoos with guns is not considered well regulated. They were speaking of the national guard.
I thought you said you could read,,,
that says the people not the NG,,,
Hey dummy. They didnt have a national guard back then. They were speaking of the militia which has now become the national guard.

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?
yes it is,,,

"right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."
and where did you find that??? got a link,,,

No.

The government, our government, according to the Bill of Rights and Constitution and social contract already entrusts us—the people—with enough responsibility, gives us one hell of a benefit of the doubt, when it comes to freedom to uphold the law or not. Those who have failed this burden of responsibility by becoming convicted felons have in essence betrayed the trust of both our way of life and every other American who follows the law over an entire lifetime. Too bad, so sad. But on the bright side there's always slingshots, spears and bows. Welcome to the Stone Age.
Fuck you

Because the Constitution says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed there should never be a law against firearm possession. The crime should only be the crime that was committed with the firearm.

I disagree. A felon has shown they don't respect the Rights of others, so why should I respect theirs?

yes it is,,,

constitution google it. 15th amendement

Yes
depends on the offense. if you were convicted of a violent crime, then no, you shouldn't be allowed to ever own a firearm.

other than that - if you paid yer dues & are no longer on probation/parole, then full rights should be restored.
I know a guy that was in a basketball game, his teammate got shoved, it was a all out brawl, he was getting hit, he swung and knocked a guy out, broke his jaw, judge put him in jail, he’s out now, does he have the right to own a gun? He lives in a dangerous neon.
So he got convicted of a violent crime right?
yes he punched a guy in the face in a brawl at a basketball game
When you become a convict you give up the right to own a gun. Consequences.
Disagree.
When convicted, the government refuses to allow you to exercise your right to own a gun.
Important difference, IMO.
Same thing different words. The net result is you cant have a gun unless your record is expunged.
Of course you can and damn near every felon I've ever known did have one, they just weren't legal.
The net result was that people are going to gun up, regardless of what any law says.

yes it is,,,

that is a granted riight not a protected right,,,
it can be taken away by the same people that gave it to them/you

Yes
depends on the offense. if you were convicted of a violent crime, then no, you shouldn't be allowed to ever own a firearm.

other than that - if you paid yer dues & are no longer on probation/parole, then full rights should be restored.
I know a guy that was in a basketball game, his teammate got shoved, it was a all out brawl, he was getting hit, he swung and knocked a guy out, broke his jaw, judge put him in jail, he’s out now, does he have the right to own a gun? He lives in a dangerous neon.
Disagree.
When convicted, the government refuses to allow you to exercise your right to own a gun.
Same thing different words. The net result is you cant have a gun unless your record is expunged.
Of course you can and damn near every felon I've ever known did have one, they just weren't legal.
The net result was that people are going to gun up, regardless of what any law says.
You got a point there.

yes it is,,,

Any right can be taken away. How do you think you got those protected rights? It was given to you by a human.

Should a convicted 'Killer Drunk Driver' that served his/her time still be able to get a Drivers License?

yes it is,,,

Any right can be taken away. How do you think you got those protected rights? It was given to you by a human.
NOPE,,,
they can be abused not taken away,,,

they were given to me by my humanity,,,

Yes

Disagree.
Thank you

yes it is,,,

NOPE,,,

You werent even born when they wrote your protected rights so your humanity has nothing to do with it. If they can write em up, then they can take them away.. Thats why you cant have gun in prison or after you get out.

When you become a convict you give up the right to own a gun.
Only inalienable rights (grants and privileges) can be taken or given or given up.
Unalineabe rights are inherent, therefore not tangible, therefore cannot be given, taken, passed on etc.
They can only be restricted or ignored. The 2nd amendment clearly states: shall not be infringed- there are no caveats in shall not.
So why cant you own a LAW or hell...a nuclear weapon?
Because the people who wish to rule over us all are nervous about that...... as they should be.

(BTW, how do you know I don't have anything like that? ;) )
You do realize the people that wrote the constitution wanted to rule over you too right? Matter of fact they didnt want working stiffs to vote.

If you had something like that I would be talking to a convict or a bunker dweller.

They seemed to want it the least, actually, judging by all the safeguards to individual liberty they wrote into the constitution (safeguards that have been completely ignored for the most part.)

I'm a Texan..... the small town I live in probably has more ordnance than the last Airborne brigade I served in.

yes it is,,,

NOPE,,,

You werent even born when they wrote your protected rights so your humanity has nothing to do with it. If they can write em up, then they can take them away.. Thats why you cant have gun in prison or after you get out.
being born doesnt matter,,, our laws are clear and youre still a dumbass,,,

you cant have guns in prison because its a prison and you are a ward of the state,,,dont be a dumbass,,,

When you become a convict you give up the right to own a gun.
Only inalienable rights (grants and privileges) can be taken or given or given up.
Unalineabe rights are inherent, therefore not tangible, therefore cannot be given, taken, passed on etc.
They can only be restricted or ignored. The 2nd amendment clearly states: shall not be infringed- there are no caveats in shall not.
So why cant you own a LAW or hell...a nuclear weapon?
Because the people who wish to rule over us all are nervous about that...... as they should be.

(BTW, how do you know I don't have anything like that? ;) )
You do realize the people that wrote the constitution wanted to rule over you too right? Matter of fact they didnt want working stiffs to vote.

If you had something like that I would be talking to a convict or a bunker dweller.

They seemed to want it the least, actually, judging by all the safeguards to individual liberty they wrote into the constitution (safeguards that have been completely ignored for the most part.)

I'm a Texan..... the small town I live in probably has more ordnance than the last Airborne brigade I served in.
You do realize that youre going to get a visit dont you?

Forum List

Back