Second presidential debate will be virtual. Trump says he isn't wasting his time.

Should Biden & Trump refuse this format and just postpone?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biden responded as such:

"I'm going to follow the commission recommendations."

So, you mean a political group rather than the scientists?

I think this will end better for Trump to have a rally outside with 20,000 people. I see the youtube views alone on some of them and he hits big numbers. People want to know what his policies are. The undecided voters are consumers of this information.

Let Trump infect 20,000 loyal followers packed together without masks

Less Trump voters

I agree with Trump on this. It would be a bad decision to agree to this. He is going to have a rally instead and I bet it is more effective than a virtual debate. That's a recipe for a silver platter situation for Biden.

The last Town Hall had Biden supporters shown as "Independents". This one would be a teleprompter for him and the mods cutting him off.

Oh, and anyone who supports Communist China at the expense of their own country, go F yourselves and have a Blessed day!

Second Trump-Biden debate will be virtual, organizers say

President Trump, in his first interview since his positive coronavirus test, told Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo on Thursday that he will not participate in the next debate, just minutes after the Commission on Presidential Debates announced the showdown, slated for Oct. 15, will be virtual.

The CPD announced early Tuesday that "the second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would participate from separate remote locations." Steve Scully of C-SPAN is still set to moderate the second presidential debate from Miami.

But, in a Fox Business interview Thursday, the president said he would not take part in a virtual debate.

"The commission changed the debate style and that's not acceptable to us," Trump said on "Mornings with Maria." "I beat him in the first debate, I beat him easily."

The president added that he expected to "beat him in the second debate also."

"I'm not going to do a virtual debate," Trump went on. "I’m not going to waste my time at a virtual debate."

The president said he wasn't going to "sit at a computer" to debate, calling it "ridiculous."

"They're trying to protect Biden," Trump said. "Everybody is."
You are Canadian. You are a nice guy, but nobody cares if you feel your time wasted on a US Presidential debate. I figure donnie just does not want to look like a maniac with his hair on fire again, right before the election.
He's a good man. Being Canadian has nothing to do with it. He's actually a better American than many Americans are.

There's too many variables that can affect the debate in the favor of Biden. Trump answered defiantly in a quick fashion. Good for him.

Yah, it would give Rump the chance to expand his Covid Distribution to yet another group. What's next, does he bring in the Flesh Eating Bacteria People to hug everyone? So far, the only ones that are being affected are his own people.

Okay, all kidding aside. Sounds to me like Rump is the one that doesn't want the debate. With his medical condition, no one in their right mind wants to be within a mile of his Covid Distributing group. That means the Virtual is just about all that's left. But if he doesn't do a good showing in a debate, he's lost anyway. So he's looking for just about every way to not make it happen. I suggest that they don't allow him to get out of it without him outright refusing.
The 15th is safely outside the 14-day quarantine window.

The commievirus hysteria was old hat before Memorial Day...Go rent a pair, if you can't grow 'em.

14 day minimum

Yah, it would give Rump the chance to expand his Covid Distribution to yet another group. What's next, does he bring in the Flesh Eating Bacteria People to hug everyone? So far, the only ones that are being affected are his own people.

Okay, all kidding aside. Sounds to me like Rump is the one that doesn't want the debate. With his medical condition, no one in their right mind wants to be within a mile of his Covid Distributing group. That means the Virtual is just about all that's left. But if he doesn't do a good showing in a debate, he's lost anyway. So he's looking for just about every way to not make it happen. I suggest that they don't allow him to get out of it without him outright refusing.
The 15th is safely outside the 14-day quarantine window.

The commievirus hysteria was old hat before Memorial Day...Go rent a pair, if you can't grow 'em.

14 day minimum
14-day total, numbnutz.

This format will be a complete disaster. Between internet delays, interruptions from candidates and the moderator.

I predict a complete shit show.

Can't be any worse than what I saw last Tuesday night. And Trump will actually have to answer questions in a format that
is not even remotely in his ballpark.

I disagree. Trump is great at the Town Hall venue. Biden?? Not so much.

You apparently didn't watch Trump's last Town Hall. It didn't go so well. And he was by himself. He can't riff so this format doesn't suit him.

I did watch and Trump was Trump. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks. He says what he thinks.

Town Hall suites him to a T. Biden?? Not at all. He will actually have to answer questions from people. I sure hope they search him so he doesn't have another wire.

Well, sorry but most of America doesn't want to see Trump being Trump. The actually want competence and compassion out of their President. Neither of which Trump is familiar with.
I suppose you'll have to settle for the right wing making as much noise and misinformation about wires, earpieces, voter fraud, and dementia between now and November 3rd. You'll
have to hope it's enough to offset what looks at this point to be a route for Democrats. Sad what this has come to because of Trump.

Nothing false about the wire. Go to Tik Tock and FB and see for yourself.

I'd say what has come has been great for the country. Guess you forgot. Before Covid the country was doing great with Trump at the helm.

If Biden gets elected he will raise taxes and institute his green shit. What a train wreck that will be.

Why is Trump afraid and being a sissy coward?

He's not afraid you dumbass. He's right. The Town Hall debate should be in person. He will have no trouble answering the questions but I'd bet Biden will.

I'd say Biden would prefer the virtual venue. Guess that makes him a "sissy Coward." No one will see anyone giving him answers and he won't need to wear a wire. More than works for him.

I agree with Trump on this. It would be a bad decision to agree to this. He is going to have a rally instead and I bet it is more effective than a virtual debate. That's a recipe for a silver platter situation for Biden.

The last Town Hall had Biden supporters shown as "Independents". This one would be a teleprompter for him and the mods cutting him off.

Oh, and anyone who supports Communist China at the expense of their own country, go F yourselves and have a Blessed day!

President Trump, in his first interview since his positive coronavirus test, told Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo on Thursday that he will not participate in the next debate, just minutes after the Commission on Presidential Debates announced the showdown, slated for Oct. 15, will be virtual.

The CPD announced early Tuesday that "the second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would participate from separate remote locations." Steve Scully of C-SPAN is still set to moderate the second presidential debate from Miami.

But, in a Fox Business interview Thursday, the president said he would not take part in a virtual debate.

"The commission changed the debate style and that's not acceptable to us," Trump said on "Mornings with Maria." "I beat him in the first debate, I beat him easily."

"I'm not going to do a virtual debate," Trump went on. "I’m not going to waste my time at a virtual debate."

The president said he wasn't going to "sit at a computer" to debate, calling it "ridiculous."

You are Canadian. You are a nice guy, but nobody cares if you feel your time wasted on a US Presidential debate. I figure donnie just does not want to look like a maniac with his hair on fire again, right before the election.

No, the narcissist needs someone in the audience. This wasn't Biden's idea it was the debate commission after consulting Cleveland Clinic. If it was good enough for JFK and Nixon in 1960 it's good enough Trump and Biden.

I hear a few rats say "Trump is wrong to skip debates because he's behind in polls (riiiight)"

Then, Ted Cruz, who is much wiser than most says "Trump is right to not want virtual debate".

I think I will side with Cruz on this one, easily. Trump would be walking into a trap to do a virtual debate. You know how you can tell he is? Look at all the Dem activists, some who probably didn't want Biden to debate at all in the beginning; now suggesting Trump suck it up and debate".

From a political standpoint. A virtual debate would be awful. He would do MUCH better by just having a rally and raising the issue of the MSM being in the tank to such a degree they try and force a virtual debate.

I don't blame him. They both need to be at the Town Hall and answer questions. Not at a computer.

I'd also like to see Biden searched to make sure he isn't wearing another wire.

That would be so easy for him to do in a virtual debate. Hell he wouldn't even need a wire.

Virtual works for Biden quite well.
Nah, it was Impeached Trump wearing a wire...

200929212504-01-0929-debate-split-live-video-jpg.395491

I hear a few rats say "Trump is wrong to skip debates because he's behind in polls (riiiight)"

Then, Ted Cruz, who is much wiser than most says "Trump is right to not want virtual debate".

I think I will side with Cruz on this one, easily. Trump would be walking into a trap to do a virtual debate. You know how you can tell he is? Look at all the Dem activists, some who probably didn't want Biden to debate at all in the beginning; now suggesting Trump suck it up and debate".

From a political standpoint. A virtual debate would be awful. He would do MUCH better by just having a rally and raising the issue of the MSM being in the tank to such a degree they try and force a virtual debate.

Hell. I wouldn't do a virtual debate. I like to look at the people asking questions and I also like to SEE my opponent. Virtual debate my ass.

This format will be a complete disaster. Between internet delays, interruptions from candidates and the moderator.

Can't be any worse than what I saw last Tuesday night. And Trump will actually have to answer questions in a format that

You apparently didn't watch Trump's last Town Hall. It didn't go so well. And he was by himself. He can't riff so this format doesn't suit him.

I did watch and Trump was Trump. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks. He says what he thinks.

Town Hall suites him to a T. Biden?? Not at all. He will actually have to answer questions from people. I sure hope they search him so he doesn't have another wire.

Well, sorry but most of America doesn't want to see Trump being Trump. The actually want competence and compassion out of their President. Neither of which Trump is familiar with.
I suppose you'll have to settle for the right wing making as much noise and misinformation about wires, earpieces, voter fraud, and dementia between now and November 3rd. You'll
have to hope it's enough to offset what looks at this point to be a route for Democrats. Sad what this has come to because of Trump.

I'd say what has come has been great for the country. Guess you forgot. Before Covid the country was doing great with Trump at the helm.

If Biden gets elected he will raise taxes and institute his green shit. What a train wreck that will be.

It's false. It's already been debunked..lots of times. I know it's a comfort for you true believers to think that your man didn't look like an abject idiot that night because of a mythical "wire".
I seem to remember a booming economy handed off to Trump by Obama/Biden...and then Trump promptly letting it all go in the crapper because he fumbled on the first real test of his administration.
What is it with you and green shit? See a doctor.

I heard this driving back from the store, and LOVED it. Good for Trump. Don't let em call the shots. They are the ones desperately clawing.
Who has a problem with Impeached Trump chickening out of a debate after making an utter fool of himself last time. Good for him for finding an excuse.

No, the narcissist needs someone in the audience. This wasn't Biden's idea it was the debate commission after consulting Cleveland Clinic. If it was good enough for JFK and Nixon in 1960 it's good enough Trump and Biden.

So you don't want to watch the Town Hall venue?? You'd rather listen to someone on a computer??

Oh and you can bet Biden loves the idea. Someone will be right there to tell him what to say and no one will ever know. He would do great in that venue. The Town Hall venue, not so much.

I thought the democrats were going to follow the science and the CDC's recommendations? Now even those are not good enough for the debate to be held in person with social distancing...

It's false. It's already been debunked..lots of times. I know it's a comfort for you true believers to think that your man didn't look like an abject idiot that night because of a mythical "wire".
I seem to remember a booming economy handed off to Trump by Obama/Biden...and then Trump promptly letting it all go in the crapper because he fumbled on the first real test of his administration.
What is it with you and green shit? See a doctor.

Well a colleague of mine showed it to me on Tik Tock. Looked pretty real to me.

Oh and Barry left Trump a fair hand but Trump is the one who made it great. He over rode many of Barry's EO's that stifled business and we got a great economy out of it.

That was some crapper. UE the lowest its been in 50 years, jobs all across the country and a great economy. I'll take that crapper every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Investigate his green shit. Find out for yourself what he wants to do. If he ever does it will bankrupt the country. He talked about it during the debate. Didn't you hear what he said?? Guess not.

No point in having it then imo. Too easy to cheat and just parrot an answer that someone else is feeding you.
It's been done before and no one cheated like you like to cheat.

No doubt you have a link.

Forum List

Back