Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

Any Trump haters want to explain who is to blame for 1.6% growth for the entire year of 2016?

Any Trump haters want to explain who is to blame for 1.6% growth for the entire year of 2016?
Stop asking dumb questions We were recovering from one of the if not the worst recession ever. Obama was good but not a miracle worker especially with ah repub congress lined up against him

Stop asking dumb questions We were recovering from one of the if not the worst recession ever. Obama was good but not a miracle worker especially with ah repub congress lined up against him

Hahaha, of course. At least you are consistent.

Everything Obama ever did was 100% perfect, Got it.

Obama’s 1.6% growth rate in 2016 was the fault of a Pub Congress?

Remind me who has the majority in both houses of Congress currently.

Your logic fails.

Last edited:

Your logic fails.
You want me to repeat what McConnell said before Obama spent a night in the WH? Or will you??? lol

GDP is going to decelerate as the effects of the tax cuts wear off.

Your logic fails.
So why were more jobs produced in 2016 than in 2017? And why do economists think 1% of today's 4.1% is because China bought huge amounts of soybeans before the Tariff comes up?

Over regulation and high taxes hurt Obama’s economy, but he was an ideologue, not a business person.

He is a SJW.

Both Democrats and Never-Trumper Establishment GOP all predicted economic collapse if Trump was elected and his policies implemented.

Much like with their prediction of a Hillary 'landslide victory', they were wrong about Trump and the economy.

BTW - anyone curious how the trade deficit is doing thanks to Trump's tariffs?

Well, in June, the trade deficit in Goods actually rose. By 5.5%.

https://www.census.gov/econ/indicators/advance_report.pdf

So prices are going up for consumers, Trump has to bail out the farmers (to keep their votes) and now, the trade deficit in Goods is rising again.

Last edited:
Numbers just released. Last quarter was 2%.
During the Obama years, GDP passed 4.1% four times.
How is it different now?
What does that have anything to do with these numbers? Sounds like you’re upset gdp was high? Strange post.
All the times the Obama economy passed 4% the economy wasn't supercharged with unsustainable tax breaks. And massive quick orders of farm goods hoping to cash in before tariffs take effect.

Trump says job growth will continue when we have more open jobs than unemployed. Clearly, more unfilled jobs doesn't really qualify as job growth.

And people's wages haven't actually gone up. There have been bonuses which is NOT the same as increased salary.

So this quarter is actually the fifth highest if you include the Obama years.

Trump could actually give good news even if he didn't lie or mislead.
Right because the 8 years where Obama destroyed the earning capacity of the healthcare industry to the point where they put a freeze on overtime,PTO,raises,hiring both full time and temps,bonuses and started rationing supplies was SO much better.

*rolls eyes*

Please listen to this video from 15:30 to about 23:00.

This is from Peter Schiff...about as anti-big government/minimum wage/Keynesianism/progressivism as anyone. He even ran for the Senate as a Republican. Liberals HATE this guy.

But he nails what Trump is doing, IMO.

I do not always agree with Peter. But between 15:30 and about 23:00...he hit the nail RIGHT on the head. And this guy is NO fan of liberal policies...at all.

Last edited:
News been out all day, first time I've been online since it broke, how come you blokes haven't posted about it yet?

• Gross domestic product increased 4.1 percent in the second quarter, matching Reuters estimates.
  • Strong consumer and business spending as well as a surge in exports ahead of retaliatory tariffs from China helped drive economic growth.
  • The last time the economy grew this quickly was in the third quarter of 2014.
That's the fastest rate of the growth since the 4.9 percent in the third quarter of 2014 and the third-best growth rate since the Great Recession. In addition to the strong second quarter, the Commerce Department revised its first-quarter reading up from 2 percent to 2.2 percent.

"We're on track to hit the highest annual growth rate in over 13 years," President Donald Trump said in remarks an hour after the report hit. "And I will say this right now and I will say it strongly, as the deals come in one by one, we're going to go a lot higher than these numbers, and these are great numbers."
Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

GDP at 4.1% Great job President Trump! Second-quarter GDP up 4.1%, as expected. Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

It’s nice, but the reality is the president, Trump in this instance, has little influence on the economy/gdp. Economies go thru natural cycles beyond the control of a president. Ironically, the economy is the one thing most people use to judge or re-elect a president, unless of course they are black. Then the economy doesn’t matter apparently.
/----/ Libtards are such sore losers.

I agree, libtards are sore losers. I happen to be conservative.

The fact that Liberals are attacking Trump's 4.1 GDP is a huge win since they, like the idiot snowflakes on this board, said if Trump was elected and implemented his policies the economy would tank, the stock market would crash, Armageddon, cats and dogs living together, liberals promised to leave the country, etc....

:p

Look for the liberals and snowflakes to try to give Obama the credit for it next.

BTW - anyone curious how the trade deficit is doing thanks to Trump's tariffs?

Well, in June, the trade deficit in Goods actually rose. By 5.5%.

https://www.census.gov/econ/indicators/advance_report.pdf

So prices are going up for consumers, Trump has to bail out the farmers (to keep their votes) and now, the trade deficit in Goods is rising again.

70% of our GDP is consumer spending, so of course our trade deficit rose as we spent more. The better the economy does the greater the trade deficit. I can tell you that when I got my 12 grand raise this year, my trade deficit with Best Buy increased.

How is it different now?
What does that have anything to do with these numbers? Sounds like you’re upset gdp was high? Strange post.
All the times the Obama economy passed 4% the economy wasn't supercharged with unsustainable tax breaks. And massive quick orders of farm goods hoping to cash in before tariffs take effect.

Trump says job growth will continue when we have more open jobs than unemployed. Clearly, more unfilled jobs doesn't really qualify as job growth.

And people's wages haven't actually gone up. There have been bonuses which is NOT the same as increased salary.

Ummm, did you mention that Trump doesn't have QE to bolster HIS economy like Obama did.

How is it different now?

Right because the 8 years where Obama destroyed the earning capacity of the healthcare industry to the point where they put a freeze on overtime,PTO,raises,hiring both full time and temps,bonuses and started rationing supplies was SO much better.

*rolls eyes*

Those things are all a reality. Far and away the worst thing that Obama did was his signature healthcare fuckeover

The ACA is a hospital killer and with nurses patient load going up by as much as 25%, it is also probably a person killer as well.

Forum List

Back