Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

Obama's average GDP over 8 years is 1.5%. Trump GDP over is time so far is 2.9%.

With the much improved economy, record low unemployment (especially for blacks and Hispanics), excellent Constitutional SCOTUS picks, demilitarization talks with North Korea, border security and overall focus on putting Americans first you would seriously need to be a fascist, commie bastard to vote against Trump in 2020.

Way to cherry pick AND get your stats wrong.

Obama inherited the Great Recession...it is not his responsibility. So obviously you take his GDP numbers from the end of that Recession (which most economists do).
Obama's GDP (before BEA GDP calculation changes implemented this month) post-GR were 2.17%. Nothing to write home about.
But Trump's numbers during his first year (2017) were 2.2%...not much better.

The Strange Ups and Downs of the U.S. Economy Since 1929

And Trump's total GDP growth since he took office is not 2.9%... it's 2.7%.

United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

And that was before this latest 4.1% number is adjusted. And it WILL be adjusted...guaranteed.

Plus, many economists see the latest number as an aberration...brought on largely by Trump's trade war threats and a huge, one time purchase of Soybeans by China to try and get ahead of the tariffs.

My stats are 100% correct for the time each President has been in office. Nothing whatsoever cherry-picked.

1) a link to your stats please (I already gave you one to mine)?
2) you 'cherry picked' by including the Great Recession which Obama inherited...it was not his fault. So it is hardly fair to hold him accountable for it.
As I said, most respected economists take Obama's GDP growth performance from the end of the Great Recession.

The stats are readily available. Google is your friend.

Obama was part of the Democratic owned Congress that helped to create the housing bubble. To say he inherited an issue he was a part of is disingenuous. There are plenty of videos out the of President Bush warning of the looming housing crisis. But Democrats ignored it. Google that as well.

Also, by your logic I get to throw out Trump's first quarter which means his average GDP is 3.2, not 2.9 (or 2.7 is we use your failed stats). Obama would still be a very low 2.1 if we throw out his first quarter. My guess is you want to throw out every quarter that makes him look bad.

By the way, Obama's last quarter was 1.9. Was that still President Bush's fault?

1) You claim your stats are correct...yet you fail to post a link to where you got them.
Either post your link to your stats or they mean nothing...anyone can make stats up. Proving them is the hard part.

And my 2.7% stat is based on US government numbers from the BEA.

United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Just take the first six quarters of growth, device the total by 6 and you get 2.7%. That is called the 'average'.

2) And no you cannot throw out Q1 2017 under Trump as he himself took personal responsibility for the January jobs report from that quarter. That means he took responsibility for the entire Q1.

Trump takes credit for strong January jobs numbers

3) you want to include the Great Recession in Obama's numbers...go ahead. But you, IMO (and most economists') are cherry picking...whether you admit it or not.

4) How could Obama's last quarter be GWB's fault? No, it was not...obviously.

I have answered your questions and produced links to my statistics.

You have posted nothing but your ideas and your 'correct' stats that you refuse to provide links for.

I am not wasting any more time on you over this.

We are done here...good day.
and nowhere do I see dotards mentioning the 4 times Obama's gdp hit 4.1 took an awful lot of economic activity to see this 4.1 ...I doubt we'll see it again soon And BTW I hope we do

Numbers just released. Last quarter was 2%. During the Obama years, GDP passed 4.1% four times. How is it different now?

LOL! I just knew you would try to minimize the good news. But, to your question of how is it different, this time we are seeing a huge increase in manufacturing jobs, whereas with Obama we actually suffered a net *loss* in manufacturing jobs. That's one big difference.

A huge increase in manufacturing jobs? Please elucidate.

Trump borrowed $2 trillion to bolster his economy

Trump borrowed $2 trillion to bolster his economy

View attachment 207344

View attachment 207345

Ummm……..
Yes, $2 trillion and growing

Why is Trump borrowing money in a strong economy?
If we have GDP of 4.1 percent, WHY do we need a growing deficit!
Obama debt very good, Trump debt very bad. You Libs continue to think anyone other than the sheep will buy that bullshit and your going to keep losing. Its insulting to anyone with even a tiny amount of grey matter between their ears. Honestly I think there should be a balanced budget amendment in the Constitution but know that will never happen.

I would like to know were you got the 2 trillion from ?
Obama debt pulling us out of a republican recession Trump debt making billionaires richer Now do you understand ??
Billionaires got richer under obammy
Dummy Billionaires ALWAYS get richer That's why they're billionaires They didn't need any help from the moron in our WH who again is threatening to shut down Gov't if he doesn't get his wall Go ahead you MF shut it down and you'll never see 4.1 again {that was a side note to your leader ,not you}

WTG Trump! We're on the right path. Keep it up.:thup:
lol did he promise you 12 billion too?

Aww, another Snowflake temper tantrum. Trump's delivering, but you can't handle the truth. May i suggest you head off to your cry-closet and do some whiny hashtagging? Might help with your butthurt. Have a good one. :)
there's no temper tantrum You mistake my LMAO at idiot republicans who can't see the forest for the trees, for a tantrum

WTG Trump! We're on the right path. Keep it up.:thup:
lol did he promise you 12 billion too?

Aww, another Snowflake temper tantrum. Trump's delivering, but you can't handle the truth. May i suggest you head off to your cry-closet and do some whiny hashtagging? Might help with your butthurt. Have a good one. :)
there's no temper tantrum You mistake my LMAO at idiot republicans who can't see the forest for the trees, for a tantrum

I see another butthurt Hashtag in your near future. Have fun kid. :cuckoo:

Numbers just released. Last quarter was 2%. During the Obama years, GDP passed 4.1% four times. How is it different now?

LOL! I just knew you would try to minimize the good news. But, to your question of how is it different, this time we are seeing a huge increase in manufacturing jobs, whereas with Obama we actually suffered a net *loss* in manufacturing jobs. That's one big difference.

Big deal...so more mindless, unskilled, dehumanizing jobs under Trump.

I did a production line job at a major, Ford manufacturing plant for a 'summer' job once (while getting my BS degree in business)...talk about simple, dehumanizing work? And EVERYONE I worked with on the line HATED their jobs...simply hated them. A completely, unskilled moron could do that job.

If you think America is better off with those kinds of jobs - than I think you are sadly mistaken.

As far as I am concerned, let the rest of the world take those jobs.

Leave higher skilled jobs to Americans.

No doubt, you will disagree.

Whatever.

Good day.

Last edited:
You really got us, conservatives. No way I can argue that you're wrong this time. I mean obviously the 4.1% growth in Q2 under trump is way higher than the 5.1% growth Obama had in Q2 of 2014. Or the 4.9% growth in Q3 of 2014. Or the 4.7% growth in Q4 of 2011. Or the 4.5% growth in Q4 of 2009.
Yep you guys really owned us this time.

/----/ Ahhhh, I still confused you. Sorry about that.
Hardly, your fuzzy economics do not cut it

No, tax cuts do not pay for themselves

Pay for themselves?

Others estimated that a dynamic score of the tax law — one that incorporated macroeconomic effects — would reduce the $1.5 trillion cost of the tax cut down to $1 trillion in added debt or 200 billion a year.

Looks like the underlined claim here is 1/3rd pay for itself.
Dynamic scoring is voodoo economics based on the false assumption of trickle down
/——/ Proving once again you understand neither dynamic scoring or trickle down. If they didn’t work then department stores would never have sales.
Dynamic scoring is just Bullshit Economics created to justify a tax cut

Personally, I don't give a shit if they pay for themselves.

Cut taxes now!!!

Big deal...so more mindless, unskilled, dehumanizing jobs under Trump.

I did a production line job at a major, Ford manufacturing plant for a 'summer' job once (while getting my BS degree in business)...talk about simple, dehumanizing work? And EVERYONE I worked with on the line HATED their jobs...simply hated them. A completely, unskilled moron could do that job.

If you think America is better off with those kinds of jobs - than I think you are sadly mistaken.

As far as I am concerned, let the rest of the world take those jobs.

Leave higher skilled jobs to Americans.

No doubt, you will disagree.

Whatever.

Good day.

Not everyone can be a web designer or a portfolio manager.

And EVERYONE I worked with on the line HATED their jobs...simply hated them. A completely, unskilled moron could do that job.

Unskilled morons need jobs too.
For instance, many of the "graduates" of our fine Chicago Public Schools need work.

You really got us, conservatives. No way I can argue that you're wrong this time. I mean obviously the 4.1% growth in Q2 under trump is way higher than the 5.1% growth Obama had in Q2 of 2014. Or the 4.9% growth in Q3 of 2014. Or the 4.7% growth in Q4 of 2011. Or the 4.5% growth in Q4 of 2009.
/----/ Ask your Special Ed teacher to point out the 5.1% annual growth for Obozo. I double dog dare you. And remember democRATs say Trumps 4.1% was a quarterly anomaly for the soybean shipments to Europe, so let's stick to annual rates which is the true indicator.
upload_2018-7-29_10-14-26-png.207456

Hardly, your fuzzy economics do not cut it

Pay for themselves?

Others estimated that a dynamic score of the tax law — one that incorporated macroeconomic effects — would reduce the $1.5 trillion cost of the tax cut down to $1 trillion in added debt or 200 billion a year.

Dynamic scoring is voodoo economics based on the false assumption of trickle down
/——/ Proving once again you understand neither dynamic scoring or trickle down. If they didn’t work then department stores would never have sales.

Cut taxes now!!!
You want your children or grandchildren to pay You must be a republican

Pay for themselves?

Cut taxes now!!!
You want your children or grandchildren to pay You must be a republican

Hell no.
I'd cut Federal spending by 30%. To start.

Another Trump fail. Where are the good old days with Barack?
According to your own OP, the good old days was four years ago during the Obama presidency which was the last time it was this high.

Thread fail, retard

/----/ Ask your Special Ed teacher to point out the 5.1% annual growth for Obozo. I double dog dare you. And remember democRATs say Trumps 4.1% was a quarterly anomaly for the soybean shipments to Europe, so let's stick to annual rates which is the true indicator.
upload_2018-7-29_10-14-26-png.207456
Trump is crowing about his 4.1% GDP figure — but he still gets his ...
www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-gdp-20180727-story.html
2 days ago - The president is bragging that he has reached 4.1% GDPgrowth, but ... it in four quarters, including one with an annualized rate of5.1%. ... Trump's second-quarter GDP growth would rank only fifth amongObama's quarters.

Forum List

Back