Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle resigns over security failures that led to Trump assassination attempt. Here's how we got here.

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle resigns over security failures that led to Trump assassination attempt. Here's how we got here.

23 Jul 2024 ~~ By Dylan Stableford

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle resigned on Tuesday, a day after she was grilled in a tense hearing on Capitol Hill about the security failures that led to the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump at a rally in Butler, Pa., earlier this month.
"In light of recent events, it is with a heavy heart that I have made the difficult decision to step down as your Director," Cheatle wrote in an email to her staff.
She had served in the Secret Service for more than 29 years and had been in the director’s role since 2022. Secret Service Deputy Director Ronald Rowe was appointed as acting director until a permanent replacement is chosen.
~Snip~
In a statement, Biden thanked Cheatle "for her decades of public service" and said he looks forward to "assessing" the conclusions of the independent review he ordered following the July 13 attack.
"We all know what happened that day can never happen again," Biden said, adding: "As we move forward, I wish Kim all the best, and I will plan to appoint a new Director soon."

Commentary:
For the first time in the Biden administration someone has resigned for screwing up.
Will this be followed by Mayorkas, Garland and Wray?
I doubt it.

She's being a scapegoat.How was she supposed to know that you don't position counter snipers inside by that sink counter over there? They need to refer to them as roofstops snipers to avoid confusion. Oh yeah, and another 3 billion in funding. Moyorkas is gold, he can probably put them all in jail if he's squeezed.

She worked at the secret service for 29 years? She probably worked in the mail room before her hook, Dr. Jill, got her appointed to be the boss. I wonder how many other clueless fucks are holding jobs in our government that they can't handle. Elect Trump and let him make Ramaswami AG. That'll fix the DOJ, our most glaring failure. MAGA

Forum List

Back