🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Secular Humanist (aka athiest) attack on christians continues

Kentucky warns Noah s Ark theme park over hiring practices - Yahoo News
Dictating that Ark World must hire those who deny God's word that HE sent a flood to destroy humankind, and then told Noah to build the ark.

Ark World is in violation of the Constitution if it uses discriminatory hiring practices.

I don't think the Constitution demands that an employer hire a wildly inappropriate employee.

And when does having a different viewpoint make an employee "wildly inappropriate"?

If a business is subject to business law, then it is subject to the Constitution.

There is no religious shield here for Noah's Ark to discriminate on who it hires.

Dictating that Ark World must hire those who deny God's word that HE sent a flood to destroy humankind, and then told Noah to build the ark.

Ark World is in violation of the Constitution if it uses discriminatory hiring practices.

I don't think the Constitution demands that an employer hire a wildly inappropriate employee.

And when does having a different viewpoint make an employee "wildly inappropriate"?
Well, again, I put up the OP because the entire notion of a theme park based on the LOVING GOD's decision to arbitrarily drown people is .... a bit irrational.

But Disney isn't going to hire anyone who thinks its just plain stupid to dress up like Goofy and pose for pics with little girls in princess dresses. I'd have fun working for Disney, but I'd be a very poor choice of employee for Ark World.

So an employer is required to hire wildly inappropriate employees in order to comply with the Constitution?

I don't think so.

Or that might help explain our under-performing economy, neh?

OH Muslims attend Mosques not Churches.

Thank you so much Captian Obvioius

So you ignored #2 and #3 of the post concerning the Pastoral Exception and the actual citation of Kentucky law.

So an employer is required to hire wildly inappropriate employees in order to comply with the Constitution?

I don't think so.

Kentucky Revised Statute 344.090 is not part of the Constitution.

How is a belief or non-belief in creationism and that a flood covered the whole Earth "wildly inappropriate" for an employee asking you if you want Fries with that Burger at a concession stand?

>>>>

Well, if a paying customer's enjoyment of the theme park requires that their belief - that their LOVING GOD arbitrarily exterminated every living animal and reptile on earth, beyond Noah's family and the animals he chose - be accepted as the true version of world history, then yeah, I think the theme park can choose to hire only those who ascribe to that mythology. btw, I guess that would include some Jews and possibly muslims too.

Last edited:
Well, if a paying customer's enjoyment of the theme park requires that their belief - that they're LOVING GOD arbitrarily exterminated every living animal and reptile on earth, beyond Noah's family and the animals he chose - be accepted as the true version of world history, then yeah, I think the theme park can choose to hire only those who ascribe to that mythology. btw, I guess that would include some Jews and possibly muslims too.

and not all Christians.

So you see, belief in a literal flood (Which not all Christians believe) is not a tenant of any particular religion. So hiring flood believers is not discriminating based on a religion.

Why does this theme park get tax credits?

I have no idea. I think the whole thing is the dumbest idea I've heard in awhile. LOL Maybe in an expansion they can add a roller coaster ride through the Old Testament, with Moses and the Burning Bush, the first circumcision, running across the red sea, routing the caanites, Sodom, ......

Not uncommon when a State or Locality is trying to attract new business to an area. Tax Credits are a common vehicle used to make a location more attractive to a perspective business as it enhances employment and economic activity for a region. The size and duration of such packages proportional to the size and expected revenues of the business.

>>>>

Not uncommon when a State or Locality is trying to attract new business to an area. Tax Credits are a common vehicle used to make a location more attractive to a perspective business as it enhances employment and economic activity for a region. The size and duration of such packages proportional to the size and expected revenues of the business.

>>>>
Then it looks like they can either give up their business and tax credits or stop discriminating. That they actually ask employees if they believe in the Noah's ark story is a riot.

IMHO: There's no difference in asking Ark World employees to be "flood believers" than it is to ask employees at an acupuncture clinic to be "acupuncture believers."

>>>>
Then it looks like they can either give up their business and tax credits or stop discriminating. That they actually ask employees if they believe in the Noah's ark story is a riot.

Yes, one can just imagine what the questions are like on their New Hire questionaire.

1. Are you "Saved"?
(a) Yes, I am drenched in the blood of my Lord
(b) No, I am an evil sinner who is bound for Hell as soon as I fail this interview

2. Do you believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible?
(a) Yes, can't you see that everything I am wearing is made of wool?
(b) No, I am a heathen who is wearing cotton, wool, nylon, elastic, pleather, etc.

Forum List

Back