🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seeing as the President campaign is just entertainment, why not......?

1). Yes, the US has forsaken democracy, it's sad,

2). but they think they have democracy, which is even worse.

3). The US could return to democratic principles, but there would have to be a massive fight to make it happen.
We are in agreement on all points here.

The question is, do the American people have the will, or are they just reveling in their entertainment? I think we can see why all superpowers/empires fall.

What do you mean? The will to do what?
The will to pretend we don't have history books and Google machines.
Allow me to repeat myself:
The press has not FAILED. They are doing what they get paid for ... to spread political propaganda. There is no more "Free Press". The American media is now all 'embedded'. Hitler did it. Stalin did it. Mussolini did it. North Korea is doing it. The UK and Sweden are on the verge of it as we speak.
"History books" you say? What do American history books say about the invasion of Irak? "Google machines" you ask? When the NSA tugs on a string .... Google jumps. It's been a long time since you read George Orwell's "1984". It's time to read it again.

"History books" you say? What do American history books say about the invasion of Irak? "Google machines" you ask? When the NSA tugs on a string .... Google jumps. It's been a long time since you read George Orwell's "1984". It's time to read it again.
It is time for you to stop believing we ever had anything even remotely close to approaching a free and fair election.

But 2008 was almost certainly the closest we ever came to that ideal.

So this insanity that the past was better is just pure ignorance.

Just do it this way?

The election has just become about entertainment, so why not just make it more entertaining. They can say whatever they like, but someone else does a voice over for them. It'll make as much sense as if you're listening to them talk for real.

No, it's still about not having a felon in The People's House.

It is time for you to stop believing we ever had anything even remotely close to approaching a free and fair election.

But 2008 was almost certainly the closest we ever came to that ideal.

So this insanity that the past was better is just pure ignorance.
Really? I always believed that Kennedy was the last democratically elected president. Care to give me a quick rundown on previous presidents who were less than 'free and fairly' elected .... and why you think so?

3). The US could return to democratic principles, but there would have to be a massive fight to make it happen.

The question is, do the American people have the will .......

To fight.

Really? I always believed that Kennedy was the last democratically elected president. Care to give me a quick rundown on previous presidents who were less than 'free and fairly' elected .... and why you think so?
Sure. In 1960, Mississippi was 40 percent black. But since there was a vast network of white terrorists, which included about 90 percent of whites in MS who considered themselves sweet and innocent, only 6.7 percent were registered to vote. And only a fraction of that 6.7 percent ever dared to vote, lest they risk their lives and their family’s lives by doing so.

No matter what the outcome, elections that included Mississippi were a joke. Case in point, in 1964, Goldwater, the anti civil war guy, got 87 percent of Mississippi's popular vote. That despite having a higher percentage of blacks than any other state at 40 percent.

That would be embarrassing for an election in Honduras.

Mississippi still has Jim Crow laws passed in the 1890's for the expressed purpose of suppressing black votes still on the books.

Many other states are the same.

Any questions?

Sure. In 1960, Mississippi was 40 percent black. But since there was a vast network of white terrorists, which included about 90 percent of whites in MS who considered themselves sweet and innocent, only 6.7 percent were registered to vote. And only a fraction of that 6.7 percent ever dared to vote, lest they risk their lives and their family’s lives by doing so.

No matter what the outcome, elections that included Mississippi were a joke. Case in point, in 1964, Goldwater, the anti civil war guy, got 87 percent of Mississippi's popular vote. That despite having a higher percentage of blacks than any other state at 40 percent.

That would be embarrassing for an election in Honduras.

Mississippi still has Jim Crow laws passed in the 1890's for the expressed purpose of suppressing black votes still on the books.

Many other states are the same.
Good points.

Any questions?
Don't worry, I'll think of a few. Aside from the racist 'laws' have you other examples?

To fight.
You can't be expected to fight for something you don't understand. Who is going to explain to these 'American people' what they should fight 'FOR' and what they will be fighting 'AGAINST'? Right now, this moment, I don't see any 'American people' on this forum who even understand what you and I are talking about. To their ears most of what we've said sounds like 'communism' - 'far leftist conspiracy' - 'anti-American slander' - etc.

To fight.
You can't be expected to fight for something you don't understand. Who is going to explain to these 'American people' what they should fight 'FOR' and what they will be fighting 'AGAINST'? Right now, this moment, I don't see any 'American people' on this forum who even understand what you and I are talking about. To their ears most of what we've said sounds like 'communism' - 'far leftist conspiracy' - 'anti-American slander' - etc.

Yeah sure, there are some, they come and go, mostly they get fed up with the nonsense on a place like this. But then again if someone has a message and are convincing enough, then anything is possible.

Not really, voting 3rd party would be better.
I think that I've found the 3rd. party you've been looking for:

66.jpg

Forum List

Back