🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seems the board leftists are big time rooting for Ukraine.

The ship on what the US should have done sailed in 2014, when fucking hacks like you uttered not a peep when your boy illegally deposed a democratically elected leader -no matter how corrupt- and installed a puppet.

You mean this?

Funny…can’t find any peeps from you or your ilk. Did it it not matter?

Unlike you, I recognize that the blowback for such meddlesome stupidity doesn't always occur in the near term.

:lmao:

I do recognize it (not that you in a million years would ever acknowledge it). One reason I was opposed to the invasion of Iraq and why I repeatedly say there are no good answers.

Instead of sniping away, like you from your high horse.

Now drips like you are sitting around wringing your hands and crying crocodile tears for the mess that YOU created.

The blood of Ukraine is on your hands.

And yours.

What do YOU do to stop any of it? Oh ya…you DON’T vote and then sit in your bunker acting all morally superior to us peons who do.

I have yet to meet a single conservative that is not sympathizing with Ukraine. The leftist in you has taken over your common sense.

I doubt you have ever actually met a conservative, but this entire thread is filled with people from your political point of view not sympathizing with Ukraine.

You can pretend they are not there, but it does not change reality

Bullshit.

just because you choose to do this, reality is still not changed

1645893735789.png

You mean this?

Funny…can’t find any peeps from you or your ilk. Did it it not matter then?

:lmao:

I do recognize it (not that you in a million years would ever acknowledge it). One reason I was opposed to the invasion of Iraq and why I repeatedly say there are no good answers.

Instead of sniping away, from like you from your high horse.

And yours.

What do YOU do to stop any of it? Oh ya…you DON’T vote and then sit in your bunker acting all morally superior to us peons who do.
Pointing to Georgia is a deflection and moving the goalposts....The topic is Ukraine.

I'm against ALL Wilsonian meddling wherever and whenever it occurs....I don't cherry pick like a fucking hack....I'm certainly against instigating illegal coups and installing puppets, then treating that country like a personal political piggy bank -as has been done in Ukraine- then taking a powder when that foolhardiness blows up in my face.

Given my druthers, I'd close ALL bases Europe, Asia, and elsewhere, and bring the troops home for good....I'd leave the now evidently useless NATO and UN, and tell the Europeans and Asians to pay for their own defense.

I was against both Afghanistan and Iraq, and loathed Bush.

I repeat: the blood of Ukraine is on YOUR hands.....Suck on it.

The bigger question is why are many on this forum from the right not rooting for Ukraine?
if you are not pulling for Ukraine...you are supporting a mad man in Putin. MAGA has become a Putin propaganda arm. RT is using the words of trump and pompeo to prop up Putin's war.

The U.S. Helped Overthrow Ukraine’s Elected President

During the tug of war between the U.S. and Russia, the Americans were engaged in a destabilization campaign against the Yanukovych government. The campaign culminated with the overthrow of the elected president in the Maidan Revolution—also known as the Maidan Coup—named for the Kiev square that hosted the bulk of the protests.

As political turmoil engulfed the country in the leadup to 2014, the U.S. was fueling anti-government sentiment through mechanisms like USAID and National Endowment for Democracy (NED), just as they had done in 2004. In December 2013, Nuland, assistant secretary of state for European affairs and a long-time regime change advocate, said that the U.S. government had spent $5 billion promoting “democracy” in Ukraine since 1991. The money went toward supporting “senior officials in the Ukraine government…[members of] the business community as well as opposition civil society” who agree with U.S. goals.

Washington Used Nazis to Help Overthrow the Government

The Washington-backed opposition that toppled the government was fueled by far-right and openly Nazi elements like the Right Sector. One far-right group that grew out of the protests was the Azov Battalion, a paramilitary militia of neo-Nazi extremists. Their leaders made up the vanguard of the anti-Yanukovych protests, and even spoke at opposition events in the Maidan alongside U.S. regime change advocates like McCain and Nuland.

After the violent coup, these groups were later incorporated into the Ukrainian armed forces—the same armed forces that the U.S. has now given $2.5 billion. Though Congress technically restricted money from flowing to the Azov Battalion in 2018, trainers on the ground say there’s no mechanism to actually enforce the provision. Since the coup, the Ukrainian nationalist forces have been responsible for a wide variety of atrocities in the counterinsurgency war.

There’s a Lot More to the Crimean Annexation

The facts above give more context to Russian actions following the coup, and ought to counter the caricature of a Russian Empire bent on expansion. From Russia’s point of view, a longtime adversary had successfully overthrown a neighboring government using violent far-right extremists.

The Crimean peninsula, which was part of Russia until it was transferred to the Ukrainian Soviet Republic in 1954, is home to one of two Russian naval bases with access to the Black and Mediterranean seas, one of history’s most important maritime theaters. A Crimea controlled by a U.S.-backed Ukrainian government was a major threat to Russian naval access.

The peninsula—82% of whose households speak Russian, and only 2% mainly Ukrainian—held a plebiscite in March 2014 on whether or not they should join Russia, or remain under the new Ukrainian government. The Pro-Russia camp won with 95% of the vote. The UN General Assembly, led by the U.S., voted to ignore the referendum results on the grounds that it was contrary to Ukraine’s constitution. This same constitution had been set aside to oust President Yanukovych a month earlier.

The U.S. Wouldn’t Tolerate What Russia Is Expected to Accept

Much has been written about the Russian buildup on the Ukraine border. Reports of the buildup have been intensified by U.S. intelligence officials’ warnings of an attack. Media often echo the claim of an inevitable invasion. The Washington Post editorial board (1/24/22) wrote that “Putin can—and will—use any measures the United States and its NATO allies either take or refrain from taking as a pretext for aggression.”

But Putin has been clear about a path to de-escalation. His main demand has been for direct negotiations to end the expansion of the hostile military alliance to his borders. He announced, “We have made it clear that NATO’s move to the east is unacceptable,” and that “the United States is standing with missiles on our doorstep.” Putin asked, “How would the Americans react if missiles were placed at the border with Canada or Mexico?”

In corporate media coverage, no one bothers to ask this important question. Instead, the assumption is that Putin ought to tolerate a hostile military alliance directly across its border. The U.S., it seems, is the only country allowed to have a sphere of influence.

Forum List

Back