self defense thread

Good for him.

But, I do support all states having a concealed weapons permit program, WITH a mandatory 40 hours initial training (8 hours on 5 separate Saturdays), with a renewal/refresher anywhere from every 5-10 years.

He was a good shot. Thank God. But what if he wasnt, and someone else's family had a member take a stray bullet?

Im 100% in favor of being able to carry concealed. Just make sure everyone is safe and trained. Not too much to ask I dont think. Many will say "But I DO train and am safe, I dont need training". Maybe not. But not everyone is you, and the only way to know those folks get some basics is to require it along with the responsibility of carrying a gun.

Good for him.

But, I do support all states having a concealed weapons permit program, WITH a mandatory 40 hours initial training (8 hours on 5 separate Saturdays), with a renewal/refresher anywhere from every 5-10 years.

He was a good shot. Thank God. But what if he wasnt, and someone else's family had a member take a stray bullet?

Im 100% in favor of being able to carry concealed. Just make sure everyone is safe and trained. Not too much to ask I dont think. Many will say "But I DO train and am safe, I dont need training". Maybe not. But not everyone is you, and the only way to know those folks get some basics is to require it along with the responsibility of carrying a gun.

i used to open carry

no permit needed

quit doing that when after several discussions it is possible for

a criminal to probably target an open carry first

--LOL

so i changed that up a bit

if the shooter was white the lefties would have a melt down
Black, OR White....we "lefties" would suggest those dudes start researching (other) occupational-options. They don't seem all-that-accompli$hed as criminals.

eusa_doh.gif

A father who was robbed while eating with his family took out his own gun and shot the suspect, Miami Police said.

It happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at the Burger King restaurant at Biscayne Boulevard and Northeast 17th Street, police said.

Suspect Robs Family at Miami Burger King, Then Man Shoots Him: Police | NBC 6 South Florida

Maybe I'm missing something here. The robbery was over and the man was walking out the door when the guy pulled out his gun and shot him? He risked engaging in a gunfight, with his family there, after the threat was over?

A father who was robbed while eating with his family took out his own gun and shot the suspect, Miami Police said.

It happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at the Burger King restaurant at Biscayne Boulevard and Northeast 17th Street, police said.

Suspect Robs Family at Miami Burger King, Then Man Shoots Him: Police | NBC 6 South Florida

Maybe I'm missing something here. The robbery was over and the man was walking out the door when the guy pulled out his gun and shot him? He risked engaging in a gunfight, with his family there, after the threat was over?

Yes. He is a hero to be much admired for his common sense and valor!

The real question is this..

How many people think that someone else's belongings is worth their life?

In this case, that thief paid for his actions with his life and I have no problem with that. Perhaps other would be thieves will consider this before they rob someone.

apparently there was witnesses that backed the fathers story

that it was self defense or he would be in jail as well

Forum List

Back