Sen. Cotton calls for targeted 'Decoupling' from China

Of course this "decoupling" will not address the American companies that have set up shop in China.
If those companies bring any product into the US tax the crap out of them till they realize it is cheaper to make them stateside.

I've advocated for taxing U.S. companies moving and producing in CHina for years.
They do through tariffs.

Tariffs are taxes on consumers. Business doesn't care about that.

Punishing students and diminishing one of the best ways of promoting American values while gaining brain power is not in America's best interests.
We arent gaining the chinese brainpower

china is

most of those students will return to china and use that knowledge against is

and having so many chinese students attending our universities has compromised the US educators and undermined the institutions

Of course this "decoupling" will not address the American companies that have set up shop in China.
If those companies bring any product into the US tax the crap out of them till they realize it is cheaper to make them stateside.

I've advocated for taxing U.S. companies moving and producing in CHina for years.
They do through tariffs.

Tariffs are taxes on consumers. Business doesn't care about that.
neither did Trump.

China did quickly replace our farm imports.
Which opens up markets for US farm products elsewhere

I think we forget what the purpose of farm policy is

and its not to make mega corporations owned by bill gates rich

the goal in every country including ours is food security

we can feed the world, but all we have to do is feed America

china is not food secure and never has been throughout its long history

How is the govt. going to defeat the wishes of the wealthy who donate to their campaign?
Libs are so negative and defeatist

they can tell us why something cant be done but have no idea how to accomplish anything positive
It is not impossible but the giants that are intertwined with Chinese production are not just going to walk away from 500 billion in profits over your concerns of what China is.
They don’t like us explaining what will actually happen if we start fucking around with China too much.

They don’t like the deal the corporations made with China. Can’t say I disagree. But so what to do? Start a trade war with them? I say just strategically win back manufacturing. They dont have to come back as union jobs but set up shop in Appalachia to replace the lost coal mining jobs. Amazon too. New York said you had to pay taxes to set up shop there I bet appalachia will not make you pay taxes.
The biggest problem is mostly all corporations are international corporations and they care not for anyone but the stock holders. Unless Americans are willing to work for much less I see no end to the loss of manufacturing base. What exacerbates the underlying existence for Americans is they have been manipulated by corporations who make the rules for existence and people associate luxury with success and think that it is worth living with this manipulation to prove their position in society..
Wow where did that come from. It’s like the guy who’s usually just saying funny witty shit suddenly says something deep and profound. Lol

One thing we have in our favor is shipping costs. The cost to make it in China. Pack it. Ship it to USA. Its not cheap. So some companies are coming back. And now they don’t have to pay high union wages anymore. When they originally left it was to kill those high paying union jobs. Remember republicans don’t even want to pay $15 usd hr. for unskilled blue collar jobs. I hope they go to Appalachia they could use $15 hr jobs.

Thats our new normal. $15 hr is what American workers demand now. No benefits. We used to do better. Back when unions were 35% of our workforce.

most of those students will return to china and use that knowledge against is [sic]

Many stay here and pursue the unique opportunity that America represents. More would if we made it easier. Most who return home just live their lives like anyone else. Stop being afraid of your shadow.

Do you remember the potato famine in Ireland? There were plenty of potatoes to feed the people of Ireland. But England took its share first and so people starved.

How is the govt. going to defeat the wishes of the wealthy who donate to their campaign?

they can tell us why something cant be done but have no idea how to accomplish anything positive
It is not impossible but the giants that are intertwined with Chinese production are not just going to walk away from 500 billion in profits over your concerns of what China is.
They don’t like us explaining what will actually happen if we start fucking around with China too much.

They don’t like the deal the corporations made with China. Can’t say I disagree. But so what to do? Start a trade war with them? I say just strategically win back manufacturing. They dont have to come back as union jobs but set up shop in Appalachia to replace the lost coal mining jobs. Amazon too. New York said you had to pay taxes to set up shop there I bet appalachia will not make you pay taxes.
The biggest problem is mostly all corporations are international corporations and they care not for anyone but the stock holders. Unless Americans are willing to work for much less I see no end to the loss of manufacturing base. What exacerbates the underlying existence for Americans is they have been manipulated by corporations who make the rules for existence and people associate luxury with success and think that it is worth living with this manipulation to prove their position in society..
Wow where did that come from. It’s like the guy who’s usually just saying funny witty shit suddenly says something deep and profound. Lol

One thing we have in our favor is shipping costs. The cost to make it in China. Pack it. Ship it to USA. Its not cheap. So some companies are coming back. And now they don’t have to pay high union wages anymore. When they originally left it was to kill those high paying union jobs. Remember republicans don’t even want to pay $15 usd hr. for unskilled blue collar jobs. I hope they go to Appalachia they could use $15 hr jobs.

Thats our new normal. $15 hr is what American workers demand now. No benefits. We used to do better. Back when unions were 35% of our workforce.
I tend to say funny things to work on a routine and I rarely use deep profound things on USMB because of the class of Mods and users that are here make it worthless.

Do you remember the potato famine in Ireland? There were plenty of potatoes to feed the people of Ireland. But England took its share first and so people starved.
There have been bundreds of potato famines in china since that event in ireland

china is very food insecure

most of those students will return to china and use that knowledge against is [sic]

Many stay here and pursue the unique opportunity that America represents. More would if we made it easier. Most who return home just live their lives like anyone else. Stop being afraid of your shadow.
I think of all the ignorant Greek men I knew growing up. All of them fresh off the boat. No opportunity where they were born so they come here.

Back when my dad came here these retards got jobs on the line working for the big three.vthey all retired in 30 years with money and pensions.

Today an immigrant who comes to the USA won’t find such high paying union jobs like that. They’ll go to work for Walmart. Or for $15 hr no benefits. American blue collar took huge hit where I live.

That ship has long passed. The mega corporations have already largely bought up all the farms.

China can get all the food they need. They brought food from us because it was one of the few things we could send them to at least address the trade deficit somewhat.

I tend to say funny things to work on a routine and I rarely use deep profound things on USMB because of the class of Mods and users that are here make it worthless.
I appreciate you. I even appreciate all the aholes.

The mega corporations have already largely bought up all the farms.
Not quite

There is far too much land for even bill gates to monopolize

But the corps dont mind if we think they are all powerful and its useless to resist them

Now we only want you if you have a unique set of skills.

My cousin lives in Toronto. They are dealing with a huge Asian invasion there.

I don’t know why republicans hate the culture shock. I like diversity. I like asians and muslims And mexicans being free to be happy here And assimilating. I don’t care if the different colors mix do you?

So do we or don’t we continue to police the rest of the world?
The days when the UN can snap its fingers and America presidents will dispatch US troops to yugoslavia or somalia to police the local savages are over

it beyond that I fail to understand your question

we should not turn the world over to russia iran and china to divide like a slaughtered pig

and hopefully we wont

Forum List

Back