Sen. Cotton Introduces Bill to Cut Funding to Schools Teaching ‘1619 Project’

How about no college funding unless the professors are non-political and about half libs and half cons?
Any manipulation via grades or other pressure to a particular political viewpoint needs to be crushed.

So, you want quotas?

Good! I have to do enough teaching my kids real history after they come home with their heads filled with leftist propaganda.

I’ve always taught my kids that slavery in America was the best thing that ever happened to Africans and black Americans of today.

Good! I have to do enough teaching my kids real history after they come home with their heads filled with leftist propaganda.

I’ve always taught my kids that slavery in America was the best thing that ever happened to Africans and black Americans of today.

Your white inbred kids aren't going to like you for that.

Haha..that’s an awful lot of projection.
When they ask...”Dad, why haven’t blacks fought to be sent back to Africa to live that amazing life they missed out on?”
What bullshit story should I tell them?

When they ask...”Dad, why haven’t blacks fought to be sent back to Africa to live that amazing life they missed out on?”

That generations of black children have been born in this country and have no ties to the African continent and deserve to be treated as equal humans where ever they live in this one.

Simple enough. Don't see any reason why you couldn't relate that true to them.

That generations of black children have been born in this country and have no ties to the African continent and deserve to be treated as equal humans where ever they live in this one.

That makes no sense to them...They know that when Lincoln freed the slaves there were few requests to be sent back to the jungles of Africa. Weird huh?

They know that no black of today would push the magic button that would unwind history and allow them to be born in Africa.

That many slave owners were also great men formulated the concept of a democratic republic and human rights in ways that inspired much of the world for centuries?
You can’t be a great man and own slaves. The Southern gentlemen That “ formulated democratic republic and human rights” as you put it, did so for themselves. That did not include slaves or even women nor the Native American. They were great if you were a white male plantation owner. It’s the same with the declaration of independents. It applied to the white guys sitting around the table, not to women, American Indians or slaves...

You can't be a man at all if you try to judge generations long past by today's standards. BTW, the American indians, ie transplanted Asians, also held and bought and sold slaves, long before whites ever came to what's now known as North America.

Indeed. The practice of slavery has been recorded on every continent save Antarctica at some point in history, certainly including within Europe.

What differs in this case is specifically transAtlantic slavery, the practice of capturing humans from one continent and shipping them off in chains to entirely another, a journey which to them might as well be one of us being abducted by interstellar aliens. "Traditional" slavery was part of the spoils of war --- my tribe conquers yours, that means I get your land, your crops, and your people. When your tribe conquers mine, the reverse happens.

But that's simply a social status between neighboring tribes, who are already familiar with each others' land, language and customs. TransAtlantic slavery was much deeper in that in order to justify that human trafficking the victims had to be sold as something less than human, so the merchants who had started that trade, merchants from Spain, France, England, Portugal mainly --- invented the idea of racism. "Savages".

And that ALL started more than 250 years before there were any political parties, or countries as we define them, on either of these continents at all.

Comparing that to the sort of slavery between neighboring Native Americans or between neighboring Europeans, is ultimately dishonest. And speaking of ignorance I love the way the poster above speaks of "the American Indians" ---- as if they're some kind of monolith just because they all have a common race. Broad-brush much?
You such a piece of hypocritical ignorant shit. Really.

The Barbary Coast slave trade was Europeans being enslaved from Europe to Africa.

The Trans-Sahara slave trade was going on for 700 years before Europe got involved. Which means the slave trade was a well established INDUSTRY and NO Europeans didn't capture Africans with nets and kidnap them.

Africans were complicit in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

What we also know is a republican has never owned a slave. We also know Republicans freed the slaves, desegregated the schools in this country......

Oh never mind. You a patronizing idiot racist.

Here's a post that suddenly abandoned ship upon looking up "Ulysses Grant" in its childish quest to construct an Ass-ociation Fallacy. Wuh-oh.

Cute.
Grant never owned a slave. There was ONE SLAVE that was owned by his relative, but not owned by Grant.

That make you sad?

Ignoring all the slaves owned by Native Americans? Yeah, yeah you are.

And why?

Cause you nor any virtue signaling hypocrite like you couldn't care less about the slaves. Only how they can advance your political aspirations.

Which makes you an unreal piece of shit.

Yeah he did. As noted before, to the same degree Martin van Buren did. Grant was in fact the last POTUS to have been a slaveowner.

Watcha gone do with that pet ass-ociation fallacy now, Gomer?

Fatter o' mact if you wanna count that way, we did that the other day. So we had nine POTUSes who were or had been active slaveowners. Three were Democratic-Republicans, which is related to neither. Three were Whigs. Two were Democrats, if you count Johnson, and two got into office with no party at all. And I'm not counting Grant or van Buren, each of whom inherited a single slave and freed them.

Ass-ociation Fallacies be gettin' all complex and shit.
All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats, for. 1800’s 1950’s to today.. all racist democrats.

Towns are not "run by democrats [sic]". The vast majority of municipalities large and small, don't even list political parties in their elections. That's because they are IRRELEVANT to the business of managing a town.
Are you on crack!? Lol New York Chicago Baltimore Portland Oakland Boston Detroit all run by fucking Democrats all high in crime all race riots
Youre the one on on crack and pretty much idiotic. It’s really quite laughable how stupid you are. These larger cities are in states that overall are doing much better then red backwards states that need all the aid. Backward states can’t supply the aid with out help and the state’s with these larger cities are donor states. If they were allowed to keep their tax dollars, their larger cities which generate most of income in the in the entire united states would have fewer problems. It’s about population density fool. GOP can’t get elected for big cities because they don’t even believe in government

You are totally ignorant of history... Fucking Idiot...

The US would have never formed if they had not let DEMOCRAT (anti-federalists) states keep their slaves...

Bullshit. The Founders were the elite of their time, and the Southern elitists were all slave owners. 27 of the 55 men who attended the Constitution Convention owned slaves. The idea that the country could never have happened without slavery is bullshit. With less than 2% of Southerners owning slaves, it's highly unlikely that regular folks in the Southern States would have cared.
Yup...it’s all about profit. The rest of the country had slaves too but industrialization was a big factor in loosening the grip of slavery. This is something the south never quite got the idea of. Slavery, much like it still does today but mainly through imports, is the decision of the most powerful.

That many slave owners were also great men formulated the concept of a democratic republic and human rights in ways that inspired much of the world for centuries?
You can’t be a great man and own slaves. The Southern gentlemen That “ formulated democratic republic and human rights” as you put it, did so for themselves. That did not include slaves or even women nor the Native American. They were great if you were a white male plantation owner. It’s the same with the declaration of independents. It applied to the white guys sitting around the table, not to women, American Indians or slaves...

You can't be a man at all if you try to judge generations long past by today's standards. BTW, the American indians, ie transplanted Asians, also held and bought and sold slaves, long before whites ever came to what's now known as North America.

Indeed. The practice of slavery has been recorded on every continent save Antarctica at some point in history, certainly including within Europe.

What differs in this case is specifically transAtlantic slavery, the practice of capturing humans from one continent and shipping them off in chains to entirely another, a journey which to them might as well be one of us being abducted by interstellar aliens. "Traditional" slavery was part of the spoils of war --- my tribe conquers yours, that means I get your land, your crops, and your people. When your tribe conquers mine, the reverse happens.

But that's simply a social status between neighboring tribes, who are already familiar with each others' land, language and customs. TransAtlantic slavery was much deeper in that in order to justify that human trafficking the victims had to be sold as something less than human, so the merchants who had started that trade, merchants from Spain, France, England, Portugal mainly --- invented the idea of racism. "Savages".

And that ALL started more than 250 years before there were any political parties, or countries as we define them, on either of these continents at all.

Comparing that to the sort of slavery between neighboring Native Americans or between neighboring Europeans, is ultimately dishonest. And speaking of ignorance I love the way the poster above speaks of "the American Indians" ---- as if they're some kind of monolith just because they all have a common race. Broad-brush much?
You such a piece of hypocritical ignorant shit. Really.

The Barbary Coast slave trade was Europeans being enslaved from Europe to Africa.

The Trans-Sahara slave trade was going on for 700 years before Europe got involved. Which means the slave trade was a well established INDUSTRY and NO Europeans didn't capture Africans with nets and kidnap them.

Africans were complicit in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

What we also know is a republican has never owned a slave. We also know Republicans freed the slaves, desegregated the schools in this country......

Oh never mind. You a patronizing idiot racist.

Here's a post that suddenly abandoned ship upon looking up "Ulysses Grant" in its childish quest to construct an Ass-ociation Fallacy. Wuh-oh.

Cute.
Grant never owned a slave. There was ONE SLAVE that was owned by his relative, but not owned by Grant.

That make you sad?

Ignoring all the slaves owned by Native Americans? Yeah, yeah you are.

And why?

Cause you nor any virtue signaling hypocrite like you couldn't care less about the slaves. Only how they can advance your political aspirations.

Which makes you an unreal piece of shit.

Yeah he did. As noted before, to the same degree Martin van Buren did. Grant was in fact the last POTUS to have been a slaveowner.

Watcha gone do with that pet ass-ociation fallacy now, Gomer?

Fatter o' mact if you wanna count that way, we did that the other day. So we had nine POTUSes who were or had been active slaveowners. Three were Democratic-Republicans, which is related to neither. Three were Whigs. Two were Democrats, if you count Johnson, and two got into office with no party at all. And I'm not counting Grant or van Buren, each of whom inherited a single slave and freed them.

Ass-ociation Fallacies be gettin' all complex and shit.
All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats, for. 1800’s 1950’s to today.. all racist democrats.

Towns are not "run by democrats [sic]". The vast majority of municipalities large and small, don't even list political parties in their elections. That's because they are IRRELEVANT to the business of managing a town.
Are you on crack!? Lol New York Chicago Baltimore Portland Oakland Boston Detroit all run by fucking Democrats all high in crime all race riots
Youre the one on on crack and pretty much idiotic. It’s really quite laughable how stupid you are. These larger cities are in states that overall are doing much better then red backwards states that need all the aid. Backward states can’t supply the aid with out help and the state’s with these larger cities are donor states. If they were allowed to keep their tax dollars, their larger cities which generate most of income in the in the entire united states would have fewer problems. It’s about population density fool. GOP can’t get elected for big cities because they don’t even believe in government
We don’t get elected because we don’t lie to blacks every four years in black neighborhoods like democrats, do and your fallacies about red states are laughable.. And it still doesn’t change the fact that all the race riots all the blacks crying about racial oppression are only happening in town run by democrats

And you wonder why so many people plan to vote against Republicans in November.
Racism is rampant in their ranks.
I hope a reporter asks Trump and every vulnerable Reublican if they agree with Cotton:.
"We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can’t understand our country. As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction,” he said.'
You're a disingenuous sleaze:

As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built,

Tom Cotton was not a Founding Father.
He agreed with the Founding Fathers.
He believes "as they said".
Do you think he quoted the Founding Fathers because he disagreed?

it seemed to me that he was describing a reality of
history and not describing a personal philosophy

He added: “We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can’t understand our country. As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as [Abraham] Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction.”

Well there you have it.I would hope that Mr Cottons remarks will silence the chattering of leftist revisionists. Those whining darkies need to shut up and consider how lucky they are #maga

He added: “We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can’t understand our country. As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as [Abraham] Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction.”

Well there you have it.I would hope that Mr Cottons remarks will silence the chattering of leftist revisionists. Those whining darkies need to shut up and consider how lucky they are #maga
Another sleaze started a thread on this and he got his ass handed to him. But you like that. It was a quote of one of the Founding Fathers you disingenuous fag.

“We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can’t understand our country. As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as [Abraham] Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction.”

Another sleaze started a thread on this and he got his ass handed to him. But you like that. It was a quote of one of the Founding Fathers you disingenuous fag.

“We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can’t understand our country. As the Founding Fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built, but the union was built in a way, as [Abraham] Lincoln said, to put slavery on the course to its ultimate extinction.”
Cotton is a fucking tool.

English colonies were late in the history of slavery in the New World. Spanish already had established it over a century before. But you have ignorant British butt bangers like Tainted that stir-up this bogus bullshit. Cotton has already crushed this liberal narrative.

Cotton is a decorated Afghanistan War vet. What have you ever done with your life? Oh, that's right, nothing.

You tell more truth than you realize...........blacks should fall down on their knees and thank God that their ancestors were brought over here......saving them and their ancestors from the horrors of Africa where life spans back then were much shorter than they are even today lest we forget the millions that perished not that long ago in africa from famine. Not even to mention all the diseases they have to contend with.

You tell more truth than you realize...........blacks should fall down on their knees and thank God that their ancestors were brought over here......saving them and their ancestors from the horrors of Africa where life spans back then were much shorter than they are even today lest we forget the millions that perished not that long ago in africa from famine. Not even to mention all the diseases they have to contend with.
Africa was controlled by imperial powers for almost two centuries (best thing that ever happened to that place) but thank God the British got out of that game. Otherwise you would have Tommy Taint chasing boys all over the dark continent.

Cotton is a decorated Afghanistan War vet. What have you ever done with your life? Oh, that's right, nothing.

He lives in London....imagine how that is and how we will go down the same path if biden wins.

The english invented white guilt.

Forum List

Back