Sen. Joe Manchin Joins Effort to Revoke SS Rule Suspending Beneficiaries’ Gun Rights W/O Due Process

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Exclusive: Sen. Joe Manchin Joins Effort to Revoke Social Security Rule Suspending Beneficiaries' Gun Rights Without Due Process

"West Virginia Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin told Breitbart News he is voting to overturn the Social Security Administration practice of reporting benefit recipients to the National Instant Criminal Check System, the no-buy database for firearm purchases, without a court order or ruling declaring the individual a danger to themselves or others."

IMO, there should be absolutely NO REASON why the United States Federal Government should be able to withhold a US Tax Paying Citizen's Social Security money from them for WHATEVER / ANY reason.

The government is acting like it is THEIR money they graciously are giving to the American people as some sort of social program that is based on government-based conditions. That is BULLSHIT.

Not a DIME of that money is the 'federal government's' money - it is the money of every American citizen who paid into it, who was told the money was being taken INVOLUNTARILY from them by the Federal Govt is 'safe-keeping' so they will have THEIR money when they reach a certain age for their retirement. Age was basically the only major restriction for receiving YOUR money (without getting into issues like if you die your wife foes not get YOUR money and her she earned but is forced to choose to get 1 or the other....[WTF? It's YOUR money but the govt seizes it if you die?!])

Social Security is YOUR money. You paid into it 'all your life'. It should not matter if you were arrested / convicted of a crime or not - it doesn't change the fact that for years the govt took YOUR money to hold for you until you reached a certain age. No matter what, when the time comes, GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY YOU TOOK FROM ME TO HOLD FOR ME!

Exclusive: Sen. Joe Manchin Joins Effort to Revoke Social Security Rule Suspending Beneficiaries' Gun Rights Without Due Process

"West Virginia Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin told Breitbart News he is voting to overturn the Social Security Administration practice of reporting benefit recipients to the National Instant Criminal Check System, the no-buy database for firearm purchases, without a court order or ruling declaring the individual a danger to themselves or others."

IMO, there should be absolutely NO REASON why the United States Federal Government should be able to withhold a US Tax Paying Citizen's Social Security money from them for WHATEVER / ANY reason.

The government is acting like it is THEIR money they graciously are giving to the American people as some sort of social program that is based on government-based conditions. That is BULLSHIT.

Not a DIME of that money is the 'federal government's' money - it is the money of every American citizen who paid into it, who was told the money was being taken INVOLUNTARILY from them by the Federal Govt is 'safe-keeping' so they will have THEIR money when they reach a certain age for their retirement. Age was basically the only major restriction for receiving YOUR money (without getting into issues like if you die your wife foes not get YOUR money and her she earned but is forced to choose to get 1 or the other....[WTF? It's YOUR money but the govt seizes it if you die?!])

Social Security is YOUR money. You paid into it 'all your life'. It should not matter if you were arrested / convicted of a crime or not - it doesn't change the fact that for years the govt took YOUR money to hold for you until you reached a certain age. No matter what, when the time comes, GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY YOU TOOK FROM ME TO HOLD FOR ME!

Tell it to Paul Ryan and all those other Ayn Rand fans.

Forum List

Back