Senate Candidate Joni Ernst Endorses Federal Personhood Bill For Fetuses

I wish your mother had had an abortion, Lakhota.

Well, I'm not surprised. Your vicious hatred is typical of rightwingers. BTW, don't forget the "family" rule.

Don't be a hypocrite. You say you support abortion...unless the aborted fetus might have been YOU? How self-absorbed. How gay.

I support a woman's right to choose. I am pro-choice. If I had been aborted - how in the hell would I know? Why do you hate women? Why does Joni Ernst hate women?
So there are no female babies aborted they are all male?

I believe that at whatever point a fertilized egg develops characteristics that are uniquely human, then it is human and entitled to the protections of the law.

Not sure that happens at conception, but otherwise I agree.
It does,the blue print is complet at that stage.

It will always be a human,never anything but,stating otherwise is self denial.

Does this mean that drinking while you were pregnant would constitute illegally giving alcohol to a minor?

Does this mean that the evil welfare queen could start claiming the fetus as a dependent as soon as the pregnancy test came back positive?
They do its called wick,well child infant care,see even the state reconciles the needs and rights of the unborn.

n-JONI-ERNST-large570.jpg

Iowa Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst said she would support a federal bill that gives legal personhood rights to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, effectively wiping out legal abortion in the United States.

Ernst voted for a fetal personhood amendment in the Iowa State legislature in 2013, and she told the Sioux City Journal editorial board on Wednesday that she also would support a federal personhood measure if she were elected to the U.S. Senate.

"I will continue to stand by that. I am a pro-life candidate, and this has been shaped by my religious beliefs through the years," she said. "So I support that."

The amendment Ernst voted for in 2013 said the state must recognize and protect a person's right to life "at any stage of development." Similar personhood measures were rejected by voters in Mississippi and Colorado after legal experts and women's health advocates warned about the wide range of implications such a law could have. In addition to outlawing abortion without exceptions, a personhood bill could affect the legality of in vitro fertilization and some forms of birth control that anti-abortion groups believe work by preventing implantation of the fertilized egg, such as emergency contraception and the intrauterine device.

More: Senate Candidate Joni Ernst Endorses Federal Personhood Bill For Fetuses

This is beyond extreme. Hopefully, Iowa women voters are aware of her extreme anti-choice views on female reproductive rights.

I am a little concerned about what this could mean in terms of prosecuting women for what they eat, drink, etc ... when they are pregnant. But I do feel that an unborn human being should have some legal protection.

How is it any more extreme to protect life from the moment it begins than it is to insist a baby mere moments from birth can be violently slaughtered for no reason at all?

Of course, we would NEVER consider the even greater extreme of allowing babies born alive who survived an attempted slaughter to die in a trash can... Or would we?

Does this mean that drinking while you were pregnant would constitute illegally giving alcohol to a minor?

Does this mean that the evil welfare queen could start claiming the fetus as a dependent as soon as the pregnancy test came back positive?

Why is it illegal for a State to carry out an judicial execution on a pregnant woman?

Direct question to you - Should the State carry out the scheduled execution regardless of the fact that the woman is pregnant?

Iowa Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst said she would support a federal bill that gives legal personhood rights to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, effectively wiping out legal abortion in the United States.

Ernst voted for a fetal personhood amendment in the Iowa State legislature in 2013, and she told the Sioux City Journal editorial board on Wednesday that she also would support a federal personhood measure if she were elected to the U.S. Senate.

"I will continue to stand by that. I am a pro-life candidate, and this has been shaped by my religious beliefs through the years," she said. "So I support that."

The amendment Ernst voted for in 2013 said the state must recognize and protect a person's right to life "at any stage of development." Similar personhood measures were rejected by voters in Mississippi and Colorado after legal experts and women's health advocates warned about the wide range of implications such a law could have. In addition to outlawing abortion without exceptions, a personhood bill could affect the legality of in vitro fertilization and some forms of birth control that anti-abortion groups believe work by preventing implantation of the fertilized egg, such as emergency contraception and the intrauterine device.

This is beyond extreme. Hopefully, Iowa women voters are aware of her extreme anti-choice views on female reproductive rights.
Let us send abortion to the back alley with a coat hanger where it belongs.

That's in the GOP platform as a constitutional amendment. These people are extremists, but sometimes one doesn't notice.

You'd notice if they ever weaseled their way into a sufficient place of power.

Wow,so it is extreme to hold a Right To Life position, but COMPLETELY acceptable to want to kill the child at ANY time before it is delivered.

What a backward, twisted view.

THE WORST PART OF IT IS THIS.......IF MOMMY IS PREGNANT AND LAKHOTA KILLS MOMMY AND BABY DIES, LAKHOTA IS CHARGED WITH TWO HOMICIDES!!!!!

Why is it illegal for a State to carry out an judicial execution on a pregnant woman?

Direct question to you - Should the State carry out the scheduled execution regardless of the fact that the woman is pregnant?

“Iowa Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst said she would support a federal bill that gives legal personhood rights to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, effectively wiping out legal abortion in the United States.”

Yet another conservative exhibits her ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

And yet another conservative exhibits her desire to expand the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

Forum List

Back